Wire colors for speakers (Bose HU) AVIC-D3 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Wire colors for speakers (Bose HU) AVIC-D3

Wire colors for speakers (Bose HU) AVIC-D3

Old 09-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Wire colors for speakers (Bose HU) AVIC-D3

Can someone be kind enough to provide me the wire colors for the factory speakers? I've hooked up the AVIC-D3 but have no sound...I used a color key that I found online but it must be wrong..not sure.

Also, do I need an adapter for the factory antenna? I was under the impression, from reading through the Double Din install, that the factory SAT and antenna fit right into the AVIC-D3. Please help!

Thanks,
SZ
Old 09-06-2007, 01:32 AM
location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Nissan Antenna Adapter

<a href="/ src="/ border="0" alt="Image Hosted by ImageShack.us"/></a><br/>

is this what you're looking for?

doc
Old 09-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docron1
Nissan Antenna Adapter

<a href="/ src="/ border="0" alt="Image Hosted by ImageShack.us"/></a><br/>

is this what you're looking for?

doc

That's what I used but I get no sound. Do I need some type of adapter between the radio and the speakers?

Thanks,
SZ
Old 09-06-2007, 10:42 AM
How do you have the AVIC connected to the Bose system? Wire harness adapters?

You do need the antenna adapter. You will need a new Sirius tuner as the OEM tuner will not connect to the AVIC or any other HU.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
How do you have the AVIC connected to the Bose system? Wire harness adapters?

You do need the antenna adapter. You will need a new Sirius tuner as the OEM tuner will not connect to the AVIC or any other HU.

I just spliced the cables in.....I was told there wasn't a harness. Now that I know there is one, I'm going to re-attach the plugs and use the harness.

Thanks,
Angel
Old 09-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO
I just spliced the cables in.....I was told there wasn't a harness. Now that I know there is one, I'm going to re-attach the plugs and use the harness.

Thanks,
Angel

Okay, I can't find a damn harness anywhere! I'm going to have to continue using the splice method (cut the factory harness). I still cannot get any sound out of the speakers....I have the 12+VDC, ACC, Ground, Speed Sense and both Front and Rear speakers wired up. It all works but I get no sound. Any suggestions?

Thanks
-SZ
Old 09-06-2007, 02:34 PM
The wire harness adapter is the way to do it. Splice the wires to your HU as directed and it just plugs into the OEM wire harness. But since you have the Bose system, you will be sending speaker level signals to the Bose amp, which may not work out too well.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Okay, I can't find a damn harness anywhere! I'm going to have to continue using the splice method (cut the factory harness). I still cannot get any sound out of the speakers....I have the 12+VDC, ACC, Ground, Speed Sense and both Front and Rear speakers wired up. It all works but I get no sound. Any suggestions?

Thanks
-SZ

You probably aren't getting any sound because the Bose amp isnt wired up to turn on.

Wal-Mart has the Nissan wire harnesses, which have been the same for 20 years.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
You probably aren't getting any sound because the Bose amp isnt wired up to turn on.

Wal-Mart has the Nissan wire harnesses, which have been the same for 20 years.
Like Sean saids Wal-Mart has the wire. It is call NN032 at the car audio section. It is almost the same as NN03 all you need to do is cut out the extra plugs on it. I think the extra plugs are for the older model nissan.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Great! Thanks. I will head out to Walmart and pick that up. Hopefully it won't be to much trouble to repair the factory harness. Do I need anything else to improve the sound quality? You mentioned that the signal to the amp wasn't going to be so good...

Thanks,
SZ

Thanks,
Angel
Old 09-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Okay....I finally got this thing working without the harness (Walmart was out of stock). Basically, I cut the 12VDC, ACC, VSS, Dim Light, Amp Power and Speaker wires out of the factory harness and wired them up to the Avic-D3 harness. The only problem that I have is that I'm not sure how to employ the NAV/Video bypass since the AVIC-D3 harness does not have the extra slot everyone is talking about. Does anyone know who to employ the bypass without using the adapter harness (I wired it up directly)?

Thanks,
SZ
Old 09-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Okay....I finally got this thing working without the harness (Walmart was out of stock). Basically, I cut the 12VDC, ACC, VSS, Dim Light, Amp Power and Speaker wires out of the factory harness and wired them up to the Avic-D3 harness. The only problem that I have is that I'm not sure how to employ the NAV/Video bypass since the AVIC-D3 harness does not have the extra slot everyone is talking about. Does anyone know who to employ the bypass without using the adapter harness (I wired it up directly)?

Thanks,
SZ

Finally Done! I didn't use the harness because I wasn't able to find one at Walmart (they were out). I continued with my initial wiring and realized that the amp power was not connected to the ACC (that fixed the speaker issue). I also employed the Nav/Video bypass and the LED/Resistor/Button mod using the JDM DD kit. I thank you all for your help!

_SZ
Old 09-07-2007, 09:08 PM
can we see some pictures? im interested in getting a DD kit for my 05 sedan in the near future
Old 09-09-2007, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toymachine2009
can we see some pictures? im interested in getting a DD kit for my 05 sedan in the near future
Here's a few pics.

-SZ
Attached Thumbnails
Wire colors for speakers (Bose HU) AVIC-D3-img_1470.jpg Wire colors for speakers (Bose HU) AVIC-D3-img_1471.jpg
Old 09-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Nice install there... So did you use any adapters for your sound, or are sending signal straight to the bose amp without any line-level adapters? Does your system sound better with the pioneer?