How To Install A Sub In A G sedan Using Stock Bose System - Page 19 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • How To Install A Sub In A G sedan Using Stock Bose System


How To Install A Sub In A G sedan Using Stock Bose System

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Factory amp turn on wire

OK I've install my new amp to the factory amp the exact way u posted it and amp still doesn't come on!
Old 10-02-2017, 11:56 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok I have a 2003 g35 sedan with stock everything. I followed the instructions and now my speakers are very quiet. I have to turn it up to at least 20 to be able to here it where as before 10 was loud enough. What did I do wrong? Amp is getting power, but subs aren't making any noise at all and speakers are very quiet

Last edited by Zmeyer77; 10-02-2017 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Need to add more info
Old 10-03-2017, 12:40 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 23
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobey Bulluck View Post
OK I've install my new amp to the factory amp the exact way u posted it and amp still doesn't come on!
take a small piece of wire and jump from +12v on the amp to the remote turn on lead on the amp and see if the amp comes on. Maybe even have a listen to it like that just so you hear it and can smile and have motivation to finish up.

if all is good, break out a test light or multi meter and start looking for a wire that has power when you want it (key on, better if only comes on when radio on but don't think that's gonna be an option without ripping into the dash behind the stock headunit), and is off when you don't. tap into that wire for your remote wire. And remember to fuse that wire if you're going to have to run it in such a way that it may chafe on bare/sharp metal with the potential of grounding out.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:43 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 23
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmeyer77 View Post
Ok I have a 2003 g35 sedan with stock everything. I followed the instructions and now my speakers are very quiet. I have to turn it up to at least 20 to be able to here it where as before 10 was loud enough. What did I do wrong? Amp is getting power, but subs aren't making any noise at all and speakers are very quiet
start by undoing what you previously done to make sure nothing is royally screwed. Then carefully do it all again. Things to check: fuses, wires grounding out at/near/or within pulling distance of the wires you've messed with.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:27 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2017
location: NY
Posts: 67
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys I have a 06 g35 sedan with factory bose interior, I'm planning on installing aftermarket sub/amp for extra bass, I'm reading that I have to tap into the factory sub or rear speakers And I believe I would have to disconnect the factory bose sub, can i still control all four factory speakers from the BOSE Unit?, I'm not to good with music also would I need to take out my actual head unit to connect anything? thanks

Last edited by SilverSurfer01; 12-12-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:47 PM
yosip1115's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Jun 2011
location: CT
Posts: 1,073
Thanked 69 Times in 68 Posts
Would not need to take out head unit. Very simple if you have a stock sub. Unplug the sub, plug wires into a line converter which will convert those to pre-amp inputs.

Some amps will even take line level inputs directly (line level means speaker wires)
Old 12-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2017
location: NY
Posts: 67
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosip1115 View Post
Would not need to take out head unit. Very simple if you have a stock sub. Unplug the sub, plug wires into a line converter which will convert those to pre-amp inputs.

Some amps will even take line level inputs directly (line level means speaker wires)


I read on another thread that that my rear interior speakers would be disconnected? Correct me if I'm wrong, also thanks for the super fast reply
Old 12-12-2017, 10:35 PM
yosip1115's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Jun 2011
location: CT
Posts: 1,073
Thanked 69 Times in 68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer01 View Post
I read on another thread that that my rear interior speakers would be disconnected? Correct me if I'm wrong, also thanks for the super fast reply
Although I haven't done this on a stock bose setup, just non bose, I believe the sub wires themselves would not be attached to any of the speakers at all. That would be some funky wiring. Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but that doesn't make sense. Go take a look and you should see just 2 wires attached from the sub coming from the amp
Old 12-12-2017, 10:50 PM
Wrathernaut's Avatar
Gentle Manne of Leisure
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Nov 2008
location: Very Southern Arizona
Posts: 7,769
Thanked 931 Times in 548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer01 View Post
Hey guys I have a 06 g35 sedan with factory bose interior, I'm planning on installing aftermarket sub/amp for extra bass, I'm reading that I have to tap into the factory sub or rear speakers And I believe I would have to disconnect the factory bose sub, can i still control all four factory speakers from the BOSE Unit?, I'm not to good with music also would I need to take out my actual head unit to connect anything? thanks
For an aftermarket sub, you're going to have to run power wires to the trunk, that's going to be the biggest task. Beyond that, you can tap the signal wires going to the factory subwoofer, run them through a line output converter, and send that to your new amp. All the speakers and factory sub can continue to work just as before.

I'd recommend not using the factory sub anymore, but physically removing it is fairly involved, as you have to remove the rear deck interior panels (and the rear c-pillars to get those panels out) to get the factory sub out. It's worth it if you're comfortable removing parts like that, but otherwise, leave it so you don't break anything along the way.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:54 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2017
location: NY
Posts: 67
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
For an aftermarket sub, you're going to have to run power wires to the trunk, that's going to be the biggest task. Beyond that, you can tap the signal wires going to the factory subwoofer, run them through a line output converter, and send that to your new amp. All the speakers and factory sub can continue to work just as before.

I'd recommend not using the factory sub anymore, but physically removing it is fairly involved, as you have to remove the rear deck interior panels (and the rear c-pillars to get those panels out) to get the factory sub out. It's worth it if you're comfortable removing parts like that, but otherwise, leave it so you don't break anything along the way.



Thanks for the respons

Last edited by SilverSurfer01; 12-16-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fresh 06' IP Coupe -- Looking for Tips / Suggestions! mjfenix G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 18 08-17-2017 06:49 AM
Projector retrofit on 06 g35 sedan Jusseth G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 14 07-17-2016 12:47 AM
GROM AND2 Install EnCr1pt3d Audio, Video & Electronics 4 12-12-2015 10:10 PM
2003 G35 Sedan Radiator repair info (not DIY) joedaddy1 Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction 0 07-28-2015 03:58 PM
2006 G35 coupe aftermarket sub/amp install? Thunderaan Audio, Video & Electronics 9 07-22-2015 08:40 PM


Tags
adjust, aftermarket, amp, bolt, bose, cable, een, ground, mount, power, sedan, subs, subwoofer, taillight, trunk, volume, wire
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, rupromenergo.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


tilted kilt international drivesan antonio suspension shopsct emissions due dateinfiniti g37 exhaust system2007 g35xled blinker resistoris300 modozium air sanitizer canadaknock off bbs rimsozium for carcheapest transmission flushprojector retrofit kitsg35 floor mats oeminfiniti g37 type sobd ii plugmagnaflow axle back exhaustbigger injectorstenzo r type msteering wheel suede wrap2jz swap costreplacement clutch priceswhy does my car vibrate when idlinggreddy twin turbooakley sebastien loeb1010tires canadaexedy stage 1kicker l5 for saleimage dynamics idq 12 v2duplicolor engine enamel reviewautozone freon pricewheel repair specialist santa anap11 g20br limiterwork varianza t1s for salez110btzaino tyre dressingturbo electric superchargersteep tech apogee jacketrwd or fwd in snowg37 hks exhauststrut plate noisewalbro fuel pump canadagalant vr4 for salecarwash torontocustom trunk enclosureextended lug nuts 12x1 5stormweave car coverescort passport max mirror mount350z front endground wire sparkswhat do subframe bushings dog37 coupe specsjdm nismohow to align steering wheelhid bulb size chartnissan grill embleminfiniti m35 problemsescort passport 8500x50autozone diycar codes p0420performance nissan duarteis a throttle body spacer worth itevo x bbs wheelsg37 vs g35jl w3 12 inch350z lightshow to get my car out of limp modehow to siphon gas from a newer vehiclecv1 vossenbosch vs ngk spark plugste37 silverduralast reviewstallahassee clubs and barsspc rear camber kitshould i buy a 350z