Dei Clifford 50.7x Alarm/rs Install - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Dei Clifford 50.7x Alarm/rs Install

Dei Clifford 50.7x Alarm/rs Install

Old 12-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Dei Clifford 50.7x Alarm/rs Install

Any experience with installing this alarm(or comparable DEI products)? It was recently purchased and plan on doing the install myself. I perform ALL maint/mods on my vehicles (03G35 SDN, 05CBR600RR and 02SentraGXE) and was thinking about paying to get it installed but I don't trust any1 to work on my car. I'd rather do it myself and take my time. I've performed extensive research online to try and locate an alarm/rs write-up for a 03 sedan but couldn't find one. Going to install the following add-ons also:

DEI506T Audio Glass Sensor
DEI507M Digital Tilt Sensor
DEI513T Mini-Piezo
DEI515R Battery Back-up Siren
DEI520T Battery Back-up
DEIXK02/05 Transponder Override (both models are compatible?)
BlackJax5 Anti-Carjacking and Vehicle Self Recovery System

Any help would be appreciated especially if you are located in S/MASS . TIA!
Old 12-20-2008, 10:55 PM
have you ever installed an alarm on your own?
if you haven't don't even bother!!!
this install would take me (an experienced installer) minimum 5 hours
placing all those modules is going to be a chore.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! Yes it is my first install but adamant on making this a DIY project with as much outside help as possible. I understand the complexity of installing an alarm and I'm up for the challenge. I have all the time in the world to do this since I'm on an extended vacation. I'll prolly end up doing the remote start and alarm first without the add-ons just to get myself familiar with the process. I've spent countless hours reading and researching on how to perform the install. Here's a couple of examples:

Please help a brother out!
Old 12-21-2008, 12:03 AM
you're going to want to do it all at once. trust me on that. if you do it piece by piece your wiring will end up looking like over cooked vat of spaghetti, but harder to clean up.

if you're going to do it yourself. get yourself a digital multimeter, a good set of wire strippers, a soldering iron/gun, GOOD electrical tape (not the cheap stuff) - you'll want it to be stretchy so that you can tape your wires well.

when it comes to the install itself, find your wires first - label them, and take your time to try to make it clean. if you dont, and you have an issue, you'll wanna die from trying to find the problem. do you have a wiring diagram?
Old 12-21-2008, 12:08 AM
just looked at the links and you want a MUCH cleaner install than the one that was done on that honda and our cars are much more complex than the typical honda.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:25 AM
"you're going to want to do it all at once. trust me on that. if you do it piece by piece your wiring will end up looking like over cooked vat of spaghetti, but harder to clean up."

Good point, I think I'll start purchasing the add ons.

if you're going to do it yourself. get yourself a digital multimeter, a good set of wire strippers, a soldering iron/gun, GOOD electrical tape (not the cheap stuff) - you'll want it to be stretchy so that you can tape your wires well.

I'm planning on buying a craftsman digital multimeter(not sure of what other brand to get) and I have all the other stuff you mentioned.

when it comes to the install itself, find your wires first - label them, and take your time to try to make it clean. if you dont, and you have an issue, you'll wanna die from trying to find the problem. do you have a wiring diagram?

Here's the wiring diagram:

I can't seem to locate a write-up tho...
Old 12-21-2008, 02:56 AM
Yea, I purchased a viper 5701, with window module, and glass break addons.

I thought about installing it myself, as I too do not like it when other people work on my car. (worried about gettin my dash scratched up etc)
Also every time I go to the dealer, seems like there's always a little grease stain somewhere inside my car... ugh...

Pros: Save money, can take your time, can take care of your interior and not worry about scratches etc...

Cons: Might screw something up, would have to pay for that screwup, no warranty

After weighing the pros and cons I have decided to get it professionally installed.
I work at an electronics store and in the end what made me decide to have them do it is that there is a lifetime warranty, and if they f up they are paying for it... Whereas if I f up I'm payin out of pocket.

I figured the extra 200-300 was worth not having to worry about screwing up a $20+k car.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:38 AM
get a professional.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:26 PM
there won't be a write up... as if someone with well negative intentions comes online and looks at it, he'll know exactly where to look for the alarm brain to bypass it and steal the car as easily if there was no alarm.
If you're adamant on doing it yourself just take your time, test and label EVERYTHING beforehand and you should be fine. but TEST EVERY WIRE TWICE! minimum
Old 12-21-2008, 01:56 PM
I realize the risks of doing the install myself but still willing to go for it. A "professional" install will result in a warranty but we all know that warranties is a [email protected] joke. So is there ANYONE out there that has installed an alarm/rs on a G35?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:00 PM
you've been talking to one, I've given you the best advice I can, test wires 2-3 times, label them and plan out the install from there
Old 12-21-2008, 02:03 PM
I have a pretty good idea on where to hide the brain but I just need assistance on connecting the alarm wiring to the vehicle's wiring. I'll write out each and every wire connection from the alarm and attempt to match it with the vehicle's wires according to the wiring diagram and feel free to correct me ( I anticipate that there will be lots of corrections). By doing this, it will truly show my ignorance on this matter, lol. Thanks again for all the input!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:00 PM
best way to connect the alarm to the car's wiring is find where you want to connect to the wiring take your strippers make a small incision around the girth of the wire (good sharp strippers are definitely an asset here) and make another one about a half inch away from the first incision. take a sharp knife and slit down the middle of the wire section that's cut and then the wire is bare. once you've got the wire exposed take the wire from the alarm strip off about half inch to an inch, wrap it around the bare portion of the vehicle's wiring and solder it up. that's the easiest way I can describe it
Old 12-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Here's the wiring connections from the alarm and my proposed wires from the G below it.

here's the link for the DEI Viper 5901/Clifford 50.7x Installation Guide to follow along:

Primary harness (H1), 12-pin connector
1 * RED/WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT (alarm wires)
trunk/hatch release, blue (-) brown plug, pin 76 at BCM (G wires)
2 * Red (+) 12v CONSTANT INPUT
12volts, white/blue (+) ignition harness
3 * BROWN (+) SIREN OUTPUT
goes to the provided siren
4 * WHITE/BROWN LIGHT FLASH -ISOLATION WIRE - PIN 87a of onboard relay
no [email protected] clue
5 * BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND
scrape paint away and use self-tapping screw w/star washer
6 * VIOLET (+) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT
?not used?
7 * BLUE TRUNK PIN/INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT
trunk/hatch pin, red/white, (-) white plug, pin 18 at BCM
8 * GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT
door trigger, white pin 14, pink pin 10, pink pin 11, use all wires and diode isolate each
9 * BLACK/WHITE (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT OUTPUT
use door trigger wire
10* WHITE/BLUE (-) REMOTE START/TURBO TIMER ACTIVATION INPUT
11* WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT
parking lights, red/blue, (+) driver kick panel
12* ORANGE (-) 500mA GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT
window module or accessory that requires a ground when armed

AUXILIARY HARNESS (H2)\
1 * LIGHT GREEN/BLACK (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUTPUT
disarm wire of factory anti-theft device, where the [email protected] is that?
2 * LIGHT GREEN/WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM ARM OUTPUT
?? no clue??
3 * WHITE/VIOLET (-) 200mA AUX 1 OUTPUT
4 * VIOLET/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 2 OUTPUT
5 * WHITE/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 3 OUTPUT
use to control auxiliary functions
6 * LIGHT BLUE (-) 200mA 2ND UNLOCK OUTPUT
??unlock motor, yellow, 5wi, white plug pin 23 at BCM??
7 * GRAY/BLACK (-) DIESEL - WAIT TO START INPUT
not needed
8 * BROWN/BLACK (-) HORN HONK OUTPUT
horn trigger, green/black, (-) steering column

HEAVY GAUGE, 10-PIN CONNECTOR
1 * PINK IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT
ignition, black/red, (+) ignition harness
2 * RED/WHITE (+) (30A) FUSED IGNITION 2/ FLEX RELAY INPUT 87
?polarity feed for the ignition 2/flex relay??
3 * ORANGE ACCESSORY OUTPUT
accessory, white/black, (+) ignition harness
4 * VIOLET STARTER OUTPUT
starter side, white/red, (+) ignition harness
5 * GREEN STARTER INPUT
starter(ignition side), white/red, (+) ignition harness
6 * RED (+) (30A) FUSED IGNITION RELAY INPUT
?polarity feed for ignition 1 relay? not sure what that means
7 * PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 FLEX RELAY OUTPUT
?ignition 2 and can be programmed as 2nd accessory or 2nd starter?
8 * PINK/BLACK 87a OF IGNITION 2 FLEX RELAY
?used only when ignition switch isolation on vehicle is necessary? wtf?
9 * RED/BLACK (+) (30A) FUSED ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY INPUT
?polarity feed to accessory and starter relays?

REMOTE START INPUT - 5PIN CONNECTOR
1 * BLACK/WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT
connect to any ground source on automatic transmission
2 * VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT WIRE
tachometer, not black or white/blue, ac, any ignition coil...wtf??
3 * BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN WIRE
brake wire, pink/blue, (+) brake pedal switch
4 * GRAY N/O OR N/C (-) HOOD PIN SWITCH INPUT
lt.green/black, (-) pin switch under hood
5 * BLUE/WHITE (-) 200 mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER

REMOTE START AUXILIARY OUTPUT, 5PIN

1 * PINK/WHITE (-) 200mA FLEX RELAY CONTROL OUTPUT
programmed as (-) 2nd ignition output from factory, can be programmed
2 * ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT
works like main accessory wire, can be used(w/relay) for additional accessory circuits in vehicle
3 * VIOLET (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT
works like starter wire, can be used(w/relay) for additional starter circuits
4 * PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT
works like ignition 1 wire, can be used(w/relay) for additional ignition circuits
5 * BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT
supplies output as soon as module begins the remote start. Can be used to activate a bypass module or power key sense wire in most vehicles to disarm the factory alarm without unlocking.

Thanks for all the help!!
Old 12-22-2008, 12:41 AM
just make sure they are the wires they claim... there are a lot of wires down there that are the same colour. that's why say test multiple times. for negative trigger wires put your negative lead from the meter to a constant source, and take the positive lead from the meter and pit it to the proposed wire. that way you will see the voltage change.