Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List - Page 5 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo10 View Post
I'm hoping I can solve my problem quickly, since my car is sitting in pieces. Ok here's my issue. I have a Pioneer Avic Z2 in my 2003 G35 coupe. I'm currently installing a SWI-PS 1.6.8 steering control module, but I can't get it to work. I can get it as far as the learn mode. It's programmed to version 3, but once I get it to the steps where it begins to learn my buttons (such as Vol up, Vol down, etc) it won't work. Am I doing something wrong? I have the resistors wired in, but could they be wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated!
I'm 95% sure you didn't connect the yellow wire from the factory harness to the chassis/ground.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
I'm 95% sure you didn't connect the yellow wire from the factory harness to the chassis/ground.
I didn't originally and after researching, I remembered to do that. I still have the same problem
Old 10-17-2010, 04:39 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Can you post photos of how everything's wired?
Old 10-17-2010, 05:07 AM
After installing my f700bt with the Bose system, my sub doesn't work anymore. Is this normal?
Old 10-17-2010, 05:36 AM
Nevermind...it works, but weak compared to before the dd install.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Your F700BT doesn't output a differential-balanced signal, so the amp is, in essence, only seeing half the audio signal as "bass" and the other half as noise it should eliminate.

Using the PAC ROEM-NIS2 as your wiring harness can help, but the best solution is to replace the POS bose amp with an aftermarket one.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Can you post photos of how everything's wired?
Ok here's what I'm looking at. The resistors as such (the 150ohm resistor to the green wire and the 47 ohm resistor to the red wire) and the yellow wire grounded. (Can you tell if maybe I have the wrong resistors? I'm pretty sure they're the right ones.

Name: IMG_243.jpg
Views: 134
Size: 84.6 KB

Name: IMG_257.jpg
Views: 132
Size: 69.2 KB

Edit: this will be done more professionally but for now to get it working its done as such.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
I think you may have the wrong resistor for 47 but the pictures make it hard to tell. Should be Yellow, Purple, Black, Gold. (4, 7, x1, +/- 5%), yours looks like Yellow, Purple, Brown, Gold (4, 7, x10, +/1 5%)

The connection through the pins is probably so bad that you're unlikely to get a consistent reading through there.

Get some solder and do it up right:

The connection in the back is splicing in without cutting the wires:

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 10-17-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Ah I see ok. I will check all that tomorrow after work. And don't worry it will all be soldered and wrapped when I'm done, I just don't want to have to go through that hassle yet if its not working.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Soldered, heat wrapped, and taped up... its good to go, I think it was the poor connections I had. Teaches me to try the short way again. Next thing in is the sub. Stoked.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm about to get that sub too. so pumped
Old 10-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Yeah, or just cut your RCA going to the rear to splice to the relay. However, it's probably best to put the female end on it.
Do you think the qaulity of the RCA that I will use for the NAV voice will affect the sound quality?
Old 10-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleaded91 View Post
Do you think the qaulity of the RCA that I will use for the NAV voice will affect the sound quality?
Not so long as it's connected good and clean.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Wow I wish I would have found this thread earlier. Wrathernaut you rock!

I have an '03 w/Bose+nav and something in it crapped out and started drawing power when the car was off and was killing the battery. (Thanks NTB for saying there was no excessive power draw and nothing was wrong with the car that they could find though my car wouldn't start 3 different times in 2 weeks).

Bought the Metra kit and a Clarion DD head unit from Crutchfield for $300 total. But now I have a big hole at the top of the dash where the nav screen used to popup. Metra instructions say to xfer the original one. Oops I don't have that.

Stopped by the dealer and they want $200 for this "coin pocket!" Any suggestions on where I can one cheaper? Junkyard maybe?

The sound is too quiet but apparently that's expected as well and the adapter mentioned in this thread could help.

But I'm just doing the minimal I can to make the car sale-worthy.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfes View Post
Wow I wish I would have found this thread earlier. Wrathernaut you rock!

I have an '03 w/Bose+nav and something in it crapped out and started drawing power when the car was off and was killing the battery. (Thanks NTB for saying there was no excessive power draw and nothing was wrong with the car that they could find though my car wouldn't start 3 different times in 2 weeks).

Bought the Metra kit and a Clarion DD head unit from Crutchfield for $300 total. But now I have a big hole at the top of the dash where the nav screen used to popup. Metra instructions say to xfer the original one. Oops I don't have that.

Stopped by the dealer and they want $200 for this "coin pocket!" Any suggestions on where I can one cheaper? Junkyard maybe?

The sound is too quiet but apparently that's expected as well and the adapter mentioned in this thread could help.

But I'm just doing the minimal I can to make the car sale-worthy.
If you file or dremel out part of the Metra kit, it will work with the factory navigation.

I'll go through my picture collection and post the pictures of a lightly-modded metra kit soon.

Okay, here's the pictures, courtesy of CFernando17. His installer did the modifications:
Name: mymetrainstall.jpg
Size: 20.2 KB
Name: mymetrainstall2.jpg
Views: 133
Size: 22.3 KB
Name: AvixX920btOEMNavi.jpg
Size: 30.8 KB

Last edited by Wrathernaut; 10-29-2010 at 10:11 AM.