I've already posted this over on DIYMA where I spend more time but figured I would post here also.
I'm scraping the stock Bose amp in the system but kept everything else. The stock speakers, and headunit stayed. I've already got speakers for the front stage to replace the stockers. I'll be using Hybrid Audio L1Pro with some Image Dynamics CX62 mids. The sub on the rear deck will be getting replaced with an old school 8" W6 that will be bolted to the underside of the rear deck in a seal box.
On to the pictures!
Here are the factory plugs that plug into the Bose amp that is located under the rear deck. I'll be tapping into the factory speaker wire and remote wire to tie into the MS-8.
I'm a tech for Nissan so I have access to plugs off of bad harness' and factory colored wire. These are the plugs I made to tap into the factory wire and keep everything color coded as well as easily removable.
I didn't snap any shots of cutting, soldering, and heat-shrinking any of this but if you don't know how to do that, you don't have any business around anything electrical. Here's a shot of the harness all buttoned up!
Here's a shot of the MS-8 Harness attached to one end of the harness pictured above.
Here is a shot of the harness that will attach the above plug to the harness that was soldered into the factory wire. As you can see It is wraped in blue techflex. The loose wire is the remote turn on wire.
Here is the harness that ties into the factory balanced signal. I used Gepco 6180EZ wire with switch craft ends. With the Gepco your able to tie into the factory shielding. This harness was also techflexed.
This is the factory low level signal sent to the bose amp. The wire really looks like the Gepco but just different wire color on the inside. The wire's to tap into are the white & black for the left front signal and the green and red for the right hand signal
Here's a shot of the harness all together. It is very important that you observe the proper polarity when doing all of this with the RCA's and speaker leads. Everything inside the RCA harness was double layered in heatshrink.
Here's another shot of the harness done completely. The extra plug added and the RCA harness in.
I made a board from 1/2" MDF that will hold the MS-8. I bolted the board to the factory bracing behind the back seat. I counter sunk the bolts so they don't get in the way. I installed threaded inserts into the wood so the MS-8 will stay more secure then using wood screws.
Here you can see where it will be mounted.
Well here is a final shot with it all wired up and installed! I mounted the board behind the factory covering. I'll be remaking the board this weekend to cover the whole seat area and to allow mounting of an amp on the other side.