Please Help. Which Wire for Backup Camera - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Please Help. Which Wire for Backup Camera

Please Help. Which Wire for Backup Camera

Old 12-06-2010, 03:37 AM
Please Help. Which Wire for Backup Camera

So I just installed the Pioneer AVIC X920BT in my 2007 Coupe. I am really having a tough time trying to find out where the Purple Reverse Gear Signal Input Wire attaches to the car. I understand the principle, but have not had any luck after a day and a half of searching the internet and poking around the car... I am stumped.

I heard something about a purple wire in the kick panel on the drivers side... but that wire did not produce 12v when I put the volt meter on it, and started the car and put it in reverse.

So if anyone has a AVIC x920bt with a back up camera, and knows which wire to connect, I would very much greatly appreciate it.

Thanks-
Old 12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
I search for DIY reverse camera. One of these should help:
http://rupromenergo.ru/forums/interio...ew-camera.html
http://rupromenergo.ru/forums/audio-v...ire-color.html
http://rupromenergo.ru/forums/photogr...a-install.html

Basically, get a multimeter and find the +12v signal that turns on and off with reverse gear.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 AM
Yeah, I saw two of the three you posted... I like what that one guy was doing with the 04. I am pretty sure it is not the same on my 07.

Thanks-
Old 01-03-2011, 11:25 PM
BACKUP CAMERA ISSUES****** I just connected the reverse wire from the rear to the camera to the rear taillights(pinkishpurple wire) and expected it to work. It doesnt seem to signal the unit but I can put it on av2 and see through it just fine. Im guessing based on the manual need to find a wire to connect it to avic920 violet/white wire to behind the dash. DOES anyone know of a good connect wire for reverse behind the head unit?
Old 01-03-2011, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantp757 View Post
BACKUP CAMERA ISSUES****** I just connected the reverse wire from the rear to the camera to the rear taillights(pinkishpurple wire) and expected it to work. It doesnt seem to signal the unit but I can put it on av2 and see through it just fine. Im guessing based on the manual need to find a wire to connect it to avic920 violet/white wire to behind the dash. DOES anyone know of a good connect wire for reverse behind the head unit?
I am not sure if its the same with the avic920 but with my AVH-P4200DVD, I had to connect the RCA cable from the back up camera to the brown female RCA input behind the HU.

If you're seeing it using the AV2 source in your HU, you probably hooked up the RCA from the back up camera to the wrong female RCA.

I know because I just had this problem where I could only see the video from the back up camera when I am in av mode.

You should see if there is a separate video input for back up cameras in you avic920's manual.

Also make sure that the HU knows which current change it should look for. If you tapped into the positive backup light wire, then you should set the camera polarity to "battery" in the settings. If this was set correctly, your HU should switch to the back up camera input when you put it on reverse gear. I dont own an avic920 but its probably similar since they are both from Pioneer.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:16 AM
I just connected the camera's video wire to the the AV2 just to test if I was getting a signal off of it when it was in reverse and I am. When I connect it to the brown wire rca input I get nothing. I reverse the polarity in the settings and it works!! however I cant get my deck to do anything else. I read in the manual that you have to connect an additional wire thats from the deck to the reverse wire as well but I dont recall seeing one behind the dash that was the same as the one in the trunk. Did you have an addition white and violet wire from your 4200 that you had to connect?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:20 AM
As of now I just have the camera connect to the reverse wire/ground in the trunk and the head unit to the brown rca. You would think this would work, but in

on page 12 I have to connect another wire....in other words rip everything out and fund a reverse wire to connect to the deck.....Frustrating....Pioneer is a little frustrating but then again I didnt pay for an install. Let me know if you know of a reverse wire near the dash.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:47 AM
I took my car in to the alarm shop to get a Viper alarm put in, I asked if the guy would just hook that wire up for me (I had it hanging loose by my feet). He did. I went in later to look and see where he hooked it up too and couldnt find it...

I will look again. What year? Coupe or Sedan? It makes a difference.

Oh, BTW, the guy at the alarm shop seemed to have the 'cheat sheet' for which wire does what, he mentioned it too me... although I did not write it down. BUT that may give you an idea to either look up online looking for car alarm installation notes OR just call an Alarm Shop and ask.

If I have time I will look again for you man. I have empathy, it is a pain in the a$$ to find that wire.

BTW, mine is working flawlessly now.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:19 AM
I have a 2005 coupe...Im sure its somewhere near the fuse panel...its just a matter of getting the right diagram. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantp757 View Post
I just connected the camera's video wire to the the AV2 just to test if I was getting a signal off of it when it was in reverse and I am. When I connect it to the brown wire rca input I get nothing. I reverse the polarity in the settings and it works!! however I cant get my deck to do anything else. I read in the manual that you have to connect an additional wire thats from the deck to the reverse wire as well but I dont recall seeing one behind the dash that was the same as the one in the trunk. Did you have an addition white and violet wire from your 4200 that you had to connect?
In my P4200, I only had to connect one wire from the HU to the positive back up light in the trunk. The color of the positive backup light wire is purple (somewhat light). Once I tapped the purple wire to the positive backup light wire, my HU started detecting whenever I am on reverse gear and switch the HU screen to the backup camera input. The HU was able to detect the signal when I had the HU set to "battery" in the camera polarity settings.
I ran the HU backup sensing wire from the HU to the trunk so I am not sure where is the back up signal wire in near the dash. But I heard that it is in the drivers side kick panel where it fuse box is. And it will also be the same purple wire as in the trunk. I heard that it will be mixed with a bulk of wire in the driver side kick panel. But I am not 100% since I didnt go this route.

When I am backing up and the HU is showing the back up camera input on the screen, I cant do anything else until I leave the reverse gear. But whatever I am playing in the back ground while backing up still plays.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks...im sure this is what I need to do.. ill rip everything apart and run another wire to the kick panel.thanks for your help!