Stock speakers in standard G35 sedan - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Stock speakers in standard G35 sedan

Stock speakers in standard G35 sedan

Old 11-16-2004, 12:08 AM
Stock speakers in standard G35 sedan

This may seem like a question I should know the answer to - but I donít for sure... What size are the standard speakers in a sedan G35?... It looks like the front might be 6X9 and the rear 5 1/2 round... and is the tweeter 1"?... May dealer sales, parts and service are all unfamiliar - Infiniti consumer affairs wonít tell me because they "don't advise installing after-market components". I'm a little pissed that the manufacturer wonít tell me what I bought and I'd rather not pull off the door panels just to find out. Any help is appreciated - please PM me ~ Thanks

Old 11-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Re: Stock speakers in standard G35 sedan

The front door speakers are 6.5". Any 6.5" component set with a seperate tweeter and crossover will work. In the rear sides, there are also 6.5" drivers, but you want a coaxial here. I understand there can be some depth issues with the coupe, but none for the sedan. In the rear deck the sedan has an 8" open air woofer, and the coupe has two 6X9 drivers. Most people don't bother replacing the rear deck speakers.....and go with a sub(s) instead.

04 G35s 6MT BS Aero Kit/Nav/Prem
Warning: Objects in Mirror Are Losing!
Old 11-16-2004, 11:46 PM

Thanks RacerX - I was almost positive the fronts are 6X9, but the rear (door) doesn't look big or oval enough to be 6X9 - but I'll take your word for it. I'm 99% sure there are no speakers in the rear deck - there are two very narrow vents, I thought they were a safety feature for air in case someone gets locked in the trunk or something (I'm not some whacko that would have that happen though)... I appreciate your input, I will PM you for more info in case you don't read this anytime soon (I hope you donít mind)... I am looking to upgrade possibly this weekend - is the stock crossover for the existing door tweeter sufficient? BTW - I don't have the Bose package, this is the standard system.

Old 11-17-2004, 07:02 PM

The standard non-Bose system just has 6 1/2"s in all 4 doors and 1" tweeters up front. No sub or rear deck speakers. I believe it's all Clarion. I want to change out all four door speakers and the tweeters to Infinity Kappas. Maybe a 10" sub and a pair of 6x9's in the rear deck. Add a couple of amps and an equalizer but keep the stock Clarion head unit. Any suggestions?

Mark

2003 Sedan AT. Sport Aero Ivory Pearl/ Willow
20% tint. Z-tube. Clear Corners w/ PIAA.
Aluminum Pedals
Old 11-18-2004, 12:41 PM

I'm pretty sure that the rear speakers on the sedan is 5 1/4.. I just changed mine... but mine is an 03 model so i don't know if they upgraded it..

Old 11-18-2004, 05:42 PM

I have an 03'. Rears are 6.5". I have replaced those with JL Coaxials along with seperates up front and a sub in the trunk. Powered by JL Audio amp's and using the head unit.
Sounds awesome

Old 11-18-2004, 07:58 PM

that's weird.. I hope I'm not the only one that has a 5 1/4 in the rear... I bought 6 1/2 for the front and back before but I had to return the other one coz my rear's a 5 1/4.. there's a black pannel that holds the speaker and I tried hooking up the 6 1/2 but it was too big so I put a 5 1/4 and it fits perfectly.. Anybody else put 5 1/4 in the rear?

Old 11-24-2004, 03:42 PM

sdginz,
Did you just power the sub with the amp and where did you put the amp? How did you connect to the amp. I would like to do the same. I do not want to waste space in my trunk and would like to do a somewhat stock setup (hidden amp and use the same location as the sub would have been).

Old 12-02-2004, 05:47 PM
On my 04.5 6MT sedan, the stock stereo system's speakers were 6.5" for the front and rears units [all of my speakers were made by Panasonic]. The fronts were components, and the rears were coaxials. The stock system does not have a rear deck woofer...
Old 12-02-2004, 06:09 PM
It's only the premium package cars that have the rear deck speaker....and an amp. If you have a base model, you'd better plan on one or more amps.

Here are a few basic choices:

A: Single 4 channel amp- Just run the 4 door speakers
B: Single 4 channel amp- Run the 2 front door speakers. Bridge the rear two channels and run a sub. No rear door speakers.
C: Single 5 channel amp- 4 door speakers, one sub.
D: Single 4 channel amp + one single channel amp - 4 door speakers, one sub.
E: Single 4 channel amp + one two channel amp(bridged) - 4 door speakers, one sub. (This is what I have.)
F: Single 6 channel amp - 4 door speakers, one front center channel speaker, one sub. May as well do the double din with this, cause you'll need a 5.1 source.
G: Single 5 channel amp, one single channel amp.- same as F:

The problem with amps with more than 4 channels is that they get very large....where are you going to mount it? This is why I chose two smaller amps. The premium Bose can drive some good components, (even if it's not the best quality, it does have 200 watts.) If you have a base system, you must add an amp if you want to upgrade speakers.