How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio - Page 5 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio

How to Add Auxiliary or iPod Input to the Factory Radio

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
Factory satellite is an option, and is probably what you have - if you're going for a basic and cheap method, you have something that can make yours *very* cheap. There is a stereo analog signal that goes between the satellite adapter and the factory radio. All you need to do is tap those wires to a 3.5mm female jack and turn the radio to satellite and you'll get the audio.

The factory service manual for the '07 coupe lists pins 33, 34, 35, 36 on the connector, end up being arranged in a 2x2 square on one side, so they should be easy enough to find.
The wire colors are:
Left+ RED
Left- GREEN
Right+ BLACK
LEFT- WHITE

You can tap them at the back of the radio, or follow the wires from the satellite adapter in trunk to somewhere in the main cabin. They stay the same color from the adapter to the radio.
This sounds like a good option. I would like to mount the female jack underneath the arm rest in the center console so tapping from the back of the radio seems like the easiest option.

Since I'm tapping into the analog satellite signal, will the satellite audio interfere with my phone audio?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:22 AM
What if I wanna connect my android phone instead of iphone??? Can I do this ?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavis View Post
What if I wanna connect my android phone instead of iphone??? Can I do this ?
Any of the adapters with 3.5mm or RCAs auxiliary jacks mentioned will work with an android phone, standalone mp3 player, cassette deck, 8-track player or anything else with an analog audio output, but there is nothing that will let you use the factory headunit controls or display in conjunction with it. All audio controls (with the exception of volume) must be done on the android phone or other audio device.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Factory satellite is an option, and is probably what you have - if you're going for a basic and cheap method, you have something that can make yours *very* cheap. There is a stereo analog signal that goes between the satellite adapter and the factory radio. All you need to do is tap those wires to a 3.5mm female jack and turn the radio to satellite and you'll get the audio.

The factory service manual for the '07 coupe lists pins 33, 34, 35, 36 on the connector, end up being arranged in a 2x2 square on one side, so they should be easy enough to find.
The wire colors are:
Left+ RED
Left- GREEN
Right+ BLACK
LEFT- WHITE

You can tap them at the back of the radio, or follow the wires from the satellite adapter in trunk to somewhere in the main cabin. They stay the same color from the adapter to the radio.

so i attempted to tao into this 4 wires in my 2005 non bose. the radio seems to have gone crazy. ....... do i have to keep the original wires connected? and btw on the service manual say that those four wires are LH CD Input and RH CD inputs. my CD player never worked so i dont mind cutting those off. any wayay. any ideas in what to do? leave the original wires connected?

Last edited by William_ram23; 08-31-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:54 AM
Quote:
So long as your lightning adapter is an official apple 30-pin to lightning adapter, you should be ok.
Just want to confirm with you that it does indeed work.
I had the PA15-INFI in my 06 coupe, and successfully connected my iphone5 using apple's 30pin to lightning adapter. It worked the same as when I had my older iphones plugged in.
The only thing i would say is to be careful because the male 30pin side of the cable is not all that robust. My gf would pick up my phone using that plug and it did eventually need to be replaced.
The Following User Says Thank You to stevenpk For This Useful Post:
Wrathernaut (08-31-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by William_ram23 View Post
so i attempted to tao into this 4 wires in my 2005 non bose. the radio seems to have gone crazy. ....... do i have to keep the original wires connected? and btw on the service manual say that those four wires are LH CD Input and RH CD inputs. my CD player never worked so i dont mind cutting those off. any wayay. any ideas in what to do? leave the original wires connected?
Post a photo of what you're doing, there may be multiple wires of those colors on different harnesses.

Unless you have the satellite adapter, connecting to those won't do you any good, as you need the adapter connected to tell the radio to activate that circuit.

The four signal wires should be connected only to the input jack you wire in, but everything else should be untouched.

The wires are referred to as "CD LH and RH" because they the CD player (headunit)'s inputs.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:28 PM
I need pics i want to do this to my infiniti g35 coupe
Old 09-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhector90 View Post
I need pics i want to do this to my infiniti g35 coupe
Here's pics:

If you need anything more specific, it helps to be more specific in the question.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:12 PM
I have an 03 with the Bose system and NO SAT/CAT button. The CD player will not accept a disc so it is useless to me. Is there any modification to the wiring harness that I can do where I can add a cable to it for my Android phone and play music using the CD button. I do not really care about being able to control the phone with the radio controls or see which song is playing on the display. Just a simple audio input will do.

Currently I am using the cassette adapter and am looking for a different solution. I would also be willing to go into the radio itself to make such connections.

I am disabled and on a very tight budget. Thank You. Michael
Old 10-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoTech View Post
I have an 03 with the Bose system and NO SAT/CAT button. The CD player will not accept a disc so it is useless to me. Is there any modification to the wiring harness that I can do where I can add a cable to it for my Android phone and play music using the CD button. I do not really care about being able to control the phone with the radio controls or see which song is playing on the display. Just a simple audio input will do.

Currently I am using the cassette adapter and am looking for a different solution. I would also be willing to go into the radio itself to make such connections.

I am disabled and on a very tight budget. Thank You. Michael
It might be possible, there's probably an analog signal that goes through the ribbon cable, but without a CD spinning in the player, I cannot say whether it will switch to that signal. You'd have an easier time by tapping into the audio signal on the cassette player by just following the wires from the magnetic read head to the circuit board and soldering in your aux jack there. Sound quality will be better than the cassette adapter since you're not switching analog signals as much.

This tutorial here will give you an idea of what you've got to do:
Old 10-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
It might be possible, there's probably an analog signal that goes through the ribbon cable, but without a CD spinning in the player, I cannot say whether it will switch to that signal. You'd have an easier time by tapping into the audio signal on the cassette player by just following the wires from the magnetic read head to the circuit board and soldering in your aux jack there. Sound quality will be better than the cassette adapter since you're not switching analog signals as much.

This tutorial here will give you an idea of what you've got to do:
Thanks but I don't want to mess up the tape deck, we still use it. When I press the CD button, the display says its in the CD mode and I hear a motor running. But I get an error on the display in a few seconds.

If I could find a bad radio to tear apart first, I bet I could figure it out.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoTech View Post
Thanks but I don't want to mess up the tape deck, we still use it. When I press the CD button, the display says its in the CD mode and I hear a motor running. But I get an error on the display in a few seconds.

If I could find a bad radio to tear apart first, I bet I could figure it out.
You don't have to mess up the deck, just splice wires to the wires coming off the read head.

Going by the (wait for the page to be open about 30 seconds, then look for the small "This file is downloadable free of charge: Get Manual" text under the large document preview box), On page 22, it indicates that on the connection between the CD changer and the main board of the radio:
Pin 12: Left +
Pin 13: Audio Ground
Pin 14: Right +

Pins are arranged like this:
02 | 01
04 | 03
06 | 05
08 | 07
10 | 09
12 | 11
14 | 13
16 | 15
18 | 17
20 | 19
22 | 21

The connector is on the lefthand (driver's side with radio installed) side of the radio, and has a total of 24 pins, and can be seen on page 25 of the manual.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_G View Post
Since I'm tapping into the analog satellite signal, will the satellite audio interfere with my phone audio?
I'm going to try an get to this project soon. Wrathernaut could you confirm the question I had above? Also, the pics below show what I believe is the satellite radio antenna coming from the trunk around the rear window to get up to the roof. Is this the factory setup? It looks aftermarket to me.

Last edited by AZ_G; 10-07-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_G View Post
I'm going to try an get to this project soon. Wrathernaut could you confirm the question I had above? Also, the pics below show what I believe is the satellite radio antenna coming from the trunk around the rear window to get up to the roof. Is this the factory setup? It looks aftermarket to me.

There are separate audio inputs on the factory radio for the satellite and phone audio, so it shouldn't interfere at all, so long as you have both adapters so the car is switching inputs.

I don't know if that's factory or not, it looks pretty well done though.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:55 PM
I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but the Pacific Audio Corporation PAC ISNI571 works through the CAT/AUX inputs right? I only ask because my CD player is completely toast. When I switch to CD, it lights up only for a brief second and then switches the entire radio off. So if I have to control the iPod through the CD part it wouldn't work at all. I may be confused about that because I was reading somewhere else that it worked through the CD player. Maybe they just meant it ran through the radio. I hope that makes sense. I have a 2005 G35X with Bose if that information is needed.