What ohm tweeters for non bose system? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • What ohm tweeters for non bose system?

What ohm tweeters for non bose system?

Old 05-11-2013, 12:57 AM
What ohm tweeters for non bose system?

Anyone know what kind tweeters I can put in my 06 G35x sedan? I have the non bose system.

The part in confused is does the system use 4 ohm or 2 ohm tweeters?
Any links to the tweeters you guys are using in your non bose system?
Thanks guys!!
Old 05-11-2013, 11:40 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
The exact same tweeters are used in both systems, and are 4 ohm.

If you have to ask which to use, you should only consider using the ones that come matched with the components you buy as a set.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:52 AM
But I'm only looking to upgrade the tweeters for now because in disappointed in the lack of highs in the system. And from searching on the forums it seems as though swapping out the tweeters would really help.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:28 PM
I got these replacing the factory ones located in the front doors. If you have a stock head unit i would replace that pos first.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:35 AM
How is that even possible from what I hear that the Bose system uses 2 ohm speakers, if that being said the final load per channel (granted that the mid range and tweeter operate like a normal component setup) would be 6 ohm the amp would see. If the tweeter is 4 and the mid is 2. Im unaware how many channels the bose amp is, if its tied directly into the amp then that wouldnt realy suprise me the tweeter just sees less power then the mid.

Either way I hate Bose systems but compared to other Bose systems i heard in other manfs cars this sounds the best. (for all I know the OEM speakers are gone havent checked my car was modded by someone who knew a couple things about these cars)
Old 05-13-2013, 01:02 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerzracing03 View Post
How is that even possible from what I hear that the Bose system uses 2 ohm speakers, if that being said the final load per channel (granted that the mid range and tweeter operate like a normal component setup) would be 6 ohm the amp would see. If the tweeter is 4 and the mid is 2. Im unaware how many channels the bose amp is, if its tied directly into the amp then that wouldnt realy suprise me the tweeter just sees less power then the mid.

Either way I hate Bose systems but compared to other Bose systems i heard in other manfs cars this sounds the best. (for all I know the OEM speakers are gone havent checked my car was modded by someone who knew a couple things about these cars)
The factory wiring does a simple "Y" split in the door before it goes to the tweeter and speaker (parallel load). The non-bose (Panasonic) speakers are 4-ohm, and I would assume the bose speakers are as well, but since they're bose, they don't generally produce tech specs, and whatever sweatshop in a 3rd-world country probably would have charged an extra half a cent to print "4 ohm" or "2 ohm" on the speaker, they're not going to cut into their profits by doing something like that.

Non-bose (Panasonic) on the left, bose with the puny magnet on the right:

So if the door speakers are also 4 ohm, it'd be a 2 ohm load + resistance of wiring, so somewhere between 2 and 3 ohms would be seen by the factory amp. The bose amp is 5 channels for the sedan, and 6 channels for the coupe.