Climate control / head unit in constant dim state after stereo installl - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Climate control / head unit in constant dim state after stereo installl

Climate control / head unit in constant dim state after stereo installl

Old 10-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Climate control / head unit in constant dim state after stereo installl

I recently installed a pioneer double DIN unit in my 04 6mt coupe. I’m a little perplexed by the problem I’m having...
The climate control readout/compass and head unit are in a constant dimmed state, but the gauge cluster is fully lit till the stalk is set to have the headlights on. My running lights are constantly on also, till I shut the car off. I installed everything as described in the write up by wrathernaught pinned above.
Using a metra kit, pac rom nis2, and metra aswc1. Once I remove power from the head unit by unplugging the harness, it will go back to normal. I’ve also tried depinning the dimmer wire and pulling switched power from the cigar lighter, all to no avail.
Has anyone else experienced this? Appreciate any/all help.

*edit* I should also mention that when the car is off, no key in ignition, and the stalk is turned to headlamps on, the radio will turn on also.

Last edited by vanskyver; 10-06-2017 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:09 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Sounds like you've got the illumination or dimmer wire connected to the switched power.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
Sounds like you've got the illumination or dimmer wire connected to the switched power.
I will go over the wiring once again. I depinned the orange dimmer/illumination wire from the pac harness and still had the same problem though. I really appreciate you taking the time to offer some assistance. Iíll post up if I find anything new. 👍
Old 10-11-2017, 09:47 PM
*update*
Had some time to pull everything apart and go over the wiring. Everything is as it should be. Starting to think it may be a faulty BCM. If I ever come across a known good one, Iíll swap it out and see what happens. Just going to live with it as is for now.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanskyver View Post
*update*
Had some time to pull everything apart and go over the wiring. Everything is as it should be. Starting to think it may be a faulty BCM. If I ever come across a known good one, Iíll swap it out and see what happens. Just going to live with it as is for now.
Unless you shorted something in the install, it's unlikely a bad BCM, and likely wrong wiring. Get somebody else to check it compared to the wiring guide without you explaining anything, since you involved with the checking is putting your bias in there.

Unplug the harness for the radio from the factory plugs completely and see if the dimming is still weird.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: