DIY : Possible creaking seat fix - Page 5 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • DIY : Possible creaking seat fix

DIY : Possible creaking seat fix

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:56 AM
Thanks for the post Dave.

I bookmarked this thread some time ago but just got around to trying the fix tonight. My driver seat creaks are about 95% better after loosening, lubing, and retightening those spots.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:19 AM
I never noticed any creaking until i got my car back from the dealership. now my driver's side seat creaks over EVERY single bump and/or depression in the road, I pretty much keep my music super loud just to drown out the noise.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Hmmm What if it's my front left of my driver seat that raises. It pivots on the back point. Say I get something out of my backseat and push my seat back into place. It'll tilt back even more after locking into place. Seems the Front right is loose just haven't gotten to check.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:53 PM
great info. thanks
Old 06-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd2k6 View Post
Correct. there is a TSB out there to replace the linkage and pivots. Basically, if you take the trim off the seat and lube the pivots, it will fix the squeak temporarily. I used Dupont stuff and it got rid of it completely for about 6 months and came back although the noise is very faint. I think if you mix up some WD-40 and liquid graphite, it should fix it permanently. I will post a DIY when I get around to re-lubing it.
Just did this the other day and my seat is now squeak free! The rear left pivot was the culprit. Sprayed some WD-40 on it and no more squeaks.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsmeth0dz View Post
My seat just recently started creaking and I went and tightened the two mounting bolts and the cross brace bolt at the rear left but it still creaked. I went ahead and figured I do the front left mounting bolts and that cross brace bolt but that didn't work either. I ended up taking the caps off the rear and front bolts on the left side that actually hold the seat rails to the body of the car and tighten them up and what do ya know, silence! These were pretty loose when I tightened them up. But it seemed that when I tightened the front bolt the creaking stopped. We'll see how long it lasts before it starts creaking again.
Mine was the same problem as above. It was the front mounting bolt to the floor. It was supper tight ( my shoulder hurts to be honest), I took it off and put some used oil around it and tightened it up. Only sound now is the leather.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks for this write up! Just started happening to me and it's sooo annoying! Gonna try to fix it this weekend
Old 07-13-2016, 03:48 PM
i know this thread is 4 years old, but I am having the same problem, and the pictures uploaded by OP are no longer valid.

Can someone re-post the pictures, or a video tutorial? the seat squeak is driving me nuts.

thanks!
Old 07-16-2016, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-[R] View Post
i know this thread is 4 years old, but I am having the same problem, and the pictures uploaded by OP are no longer valid.

Can someone re-post the pictures, or a video tutorial? the seat squeak is driving me nuts.

thanks!
I second this if anyone can upload some pictures it would be much appreciated! Mine creaks and has a slight movement. Gonna try these recommendations out today.