First of all, DO NOT DO THIS IF YOUR NOT 100% ABLE TO GO PURCHASE NEW ONES OR HAVE BACKUPS... because I'm 75% sure most people will scratch the insides of the lens or housing. I scratched mine a little, but not noticeable enough to care... I have an 03 that I put the 06 tails on so I was willing to "throw away" the 03's if I messed them up.
1. Picture of the stock reverse light
2. You can see the plastic red line film. It is only connected to the plastic on each side of the light.
3. I took a pic and slid it behind the film. It's in between the film and the plastic.
4. A gentle pull on the film until it came unstuck from one of the sides.
5. I pulled out the film with a pair of needle nose pliers... This is the part you need to be very carful with. You might even want to consider warming the lights up (oven or heat gun) so the glue comes off easier.
6. Here's a picture with one side out.
7. Picture of the film completely removed.
8. This is where the of side broke. It took me 20 minutes to get it out and scratched the lens a little.
9. Picture of the 03 (revised) and the 06
10. Pictured done.