Review of JIC FLT-A2, KW V3 and Zeal Function Xs coilovers - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Review of JIC FLT-A2, KW V3 and Zeal Function Xs coilovers

Review of JIC FLT-A2, KW V3 and Zeal Function Xs coilovers

Old 03-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Exclamation Review of JIC FLT-A2, KW V3 and Zeal Function Xs coilovers

This review is referencing my experience with the 350z. However, since our chassis is the same, I figured that I post this up here for the G guys as well for reference. Within the last few months, I was able to try out these suspension setups. Each suspension has it's pros and cons.

JIC FLT-A2:

The ride quality of the JIC's are very stiff. The ride quality would probably not be appreciated by 90%+ Z owners due to its level of harshness. They handle fairly well, but as the shocks age the overall feel is a bit more compromised than its counterparts. The overall quality of the suspension is not too bad for the price. The shocks IMO seem a bit over valved. This suspension also allows for a nice drop if wanted.

PROS:
-Great lowering abilities for OEM suspension style.
-Above average handling when suspension is newer.
-Comes with pillowball uppermounts.
-Fairly easy to adjust dampening.

Cons:

-Rough ride quality.
-Feel of suspension is compromised as it ages.
-Shocks seem over valved.
-Have to utilize zip ties and a generic metal collar to hold brake lines and abs sensors.

KW V3:

The ride of this suspension is great for street use. They feel really soft and comfortable especially since this coilover setup utilizes the OEM rubber upper mounts for the shocks. This shock is definitely too soft for any type of racing. I was also disappointed in the fact that the adjusters on the coilovers were made of some sort of plastic material? That was definitely not something I was expecting with coilovers that have a retail price of around $2,200. :icon8: It's just too bad that Koni no longer builds the shocks for KW. These also do not allow for much lowering, so for people looking for a nice drop...this is definitely not the suspension for you. The max drop is about 1.5 to 2" with the rear bump stops removed. The overall quality for the price was definitely sub par.

Pros:

-Comfortable ride and great for street driving.

-Cons:
-Generic hardware for the price.
-Lowering ride height is very limited
-No pillowball uppermounts included (Must re-use OEM rubber uppermounts)
-Too much roll for any type of great handling.
-Pain in the butt to dial in dampening and rebound adjustments.

Zeal Function Xs:

This suspension is the entry level suspension that Zeal offers. However, I am very impressed with the overall setup. Surprisingly, the ride quality with pillowball uppermounts and 12/10 kg spring rates is very good. :thumbup: This suspension is great for street driving as well as the weekend racer. However, I would recommend stepping up to their more sophisticated suspension setups for full race applications.

Dampening adjustment as well as ride height adjustment is definitely much easier when compared to OEM style setups. The ride height adjustment has a lot of room for adjustment to satisfy the end user. I was able to completely dump mine. I'm really starting to love the true rear coilover suspension setup. The overall build quality is awesome. This is by far my favorite suspension setup so far. Coupled with Battleversion rear camber and toe arms, adjusting the suspension settings are definitely much easier and i'm surprised more people aren't running this type of setup. I highly recommend Zeals. :thumbup:

Pros:
-Great handling for street/weekend racer.
-Easy ride height and dampening adjustment capabilities.
-Great ride quality utilizing pillowball uppermounts.
-A lot of ride height adjustment capabilities.
-Great overall quality for the money.

Cons:
-A bit pricier than other coilover suspensions.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-13-2009 at 01:22 PM.