OEM shocks replacement advise needed. - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • OEM shocks replacement advise needed.


OEM shocks replacement advise needed.

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OEM shocks replacement advise needed.

I'm looking at replacing all my shocks this summer. I dont want to drop or modify my suspension at all. I want to keep it at the same height for alignment and tires life span reasons. After searching the forum I.C a lot of people recommend Bilstein HD for OEM replacement, but I have a few questions.

I have a 2006 g35 coupe w/ sport package. I went to Bilstein website and their database listed Bilstein HD for g35 from 03-05 only not beyond that. Furthermore, I went to Tirerack to check out shocks and they are selling the same Bilstein HD belongs to g35 from 03-05 for 2006 g35 coupe /w sport package. I also saw some people reported their cars lower an inch or so after they installled Bilstien HD.

Can anyone confirm that Bilstein HD models: Manufacturer Part #: F4-BE5-A156-M0, Manufacturer Part #: F4-BE5-A157-M0, Manufacturer Part #: F4-BE5-A158-M0 will work on 2006 g35 coupe /w sport package like OEM because Bilstein database listed those belong to g35 03-05 only? I dont want the car to be any lower because our car already have issues with alignment as OEM.

thanks,
Old 03-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Feb 2007
location: Chicago
Posts: 4,133
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
03-07 G coupes have the same suspension fitment. The only difference is the 04.5-07 have the option for sport suspension which had higher spring rates in the rear than the standard suspension

You should be fine if you're just swapping shocks
Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how is it possible that the car became lower from changing shocks???
Old 03-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why you're asking me why when I posted the question why? LOL...
Old 03-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nguy0750 View Post
Why you're asking me why when I posted the question why? LOL...
haha sorry man im not asking you im just saying how is it possible?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Swivel's Avatar
Moderator
iTrader: (13)
Join Date: Jan 2007
location: Calgary, AB, CANADA
Posts: 19,676
Thanked 157 Times in 119 Posts
Ride height shouldn't change.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2006
location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 75
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolyD View Post
how is it possible that the car became lower from changing shocks???
The spring seat on some Bilstein models in adjustable. Normally has 2 or 3 positions. You can have it stock height or lower if you want.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 PM
JOKER's Avatar
CLUB MODERATOR
iTrader: (24)
Join Date: Oct 2005
location: earth
Posts: 9,080
Thanked 344 Times in 244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nguy0750 View Post
I'm looking at replacing all my shocks this summer. I dont want to drop or modify my suspension at all. I want to keep it at the same height for alignment and tires life span reasons. After searching the forum I.C a lot of people recommend Bilstein HD for OEM replacement, but I have a few questions.

I have a 2006 g35 coupe w/ sport package. I went to Bilstein website and their database listed Bilstein HD for g35 from 03-05 only not beyond that. Furthermore, I went to Tirerack to check out shocks and they are selling the same Bilstein HD belongs to g35 from 03-05 for 2006 g35 coupe /w sport package. I also saw some people reported their cars lower an inch or so after they installled Bilstien HD.

Can anyone confirm that Bilstein HD models: Manufacturer Part #: F4-BE5-A156-M0, Manufacturer Part #: F4-BE5-A157-M0, Manufacturer Part #: F4-BE5-A158-M0 will work on 2006 g35 coupe /w sport package like OEM because Bilstein database listed those belong to g35 03-05 only? I dont want the car to be any lower because our car already have issues with alignment as OEM.

thanks,
getting something other than OEM shock is otherwise known as "modifying the suspension"

If you don't wanna do that.......save your money and get your self some OEM shocks/struts
Old 03-05-2010, 04:47 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER View Post
getting something other than OEM shock is otherwise known as "modifying the suspension"

If you don't wanna do that.......save your money and get your self some OEM shocks/struts
Well, according to people in this forum. Bilstein HD IS the OEM replacement but has better life than OEM came with the car.

I guess u're right. Can't go wrong with OEM shocks/struts. After all it was designed specifically for the g35.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline250GT View Post
The spring seat on some Bilstein models in adjustable. Normally has 2 or 3 positions. You can have it stock height or lower if you want.
adjusting height spring? that can't be good for the suspension and performance.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Nov 2008
location: Northern Lower Michigan
Posts: 1,846
Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nguy0750 View Post
I want to keep it at the same height for ... tires life span reasons
Ride height has nothing to do with tire life span. If you're riding high in a stock AWD or slammed to the pavement in a Coupe Sport, tire wear will be the same as long as you have a proper alignment. Granted, lowering a car beyond about an inch means you'll need to buy supplemental parts to get a proper alignment (camber kit, toe kit, cameltoe kit, etc.), but once properly aligned, tire wear is the same as it would be at stock ride height.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:31 AM
hamzafraj's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Feb 2010
location: Seattle/Chicago/Indy
Posts: 201
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
what would be a comfy shocks/suspenssion for a coupe for the smoothest ride?
Old 04-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
Join Date: Mar 2009
location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 16,596
Thanked 1,232 Times in 996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI View Post
( cameltoe kit )
Where do I get one of these and how much?!?!?!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Jul 2005
location: Austin, TX
Posts: 382
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzafraj View Post
what would be a comfy shocks/suspenssion for a coupe for the smoothest ride?
Tokico D-specs set to a soft setting or save some money and get Tokico HPs.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: Nov 2008
location: Northern Lower Michigan
Posts: 1,846
Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
Where do I get one of these and how much?!?!?!
I wondered if anyone would catch that.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OEM replacement / aftermarket headlight reviews bTanz G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 16 10-15-2015 03:31 PM
Should I replace my Suspension? CJay Brakes & Suspension 7 08-01-2015 04:57 AM
shock mounts cyrus32 G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 2 07-18-2015 07:22 PM


Tags
be5a158, be5a158m0, bilstein, changing, coupe, expectancy, front, g35, life, rear, recommended, replace, replacement, shocks, suspension
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, rupromenergo.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


catalytic converter advance autoinfiniti g37 exhaustbattery for infiniti g35mobil 1 m1 108donz wheels for saleinstalling k&n air filterwindshield wiper hoseodb2 plugwagner thermoquiet reviewvehicle smells like rotten eggs18x8 75 xxr 5272007 acura tl mods2009 g37 sportinfiniti g35x awdlinea corse wheelsg37 coupe vs 335ile37vibrant mufflersbrake pedal squeaksmegan pipejl w6 subwoofer350z cheapalpine dspnc temporary tagaverage cost of car window tintingsymptoms of bad knock sensorhow to plastidip wheelsviper alarm installersinsect poopinfiniti g37 comparison2003 nissan murano transfer case for salenissan 350z specs 0-60fuel pressure dampersickspeed horn reviewsouthern comfort gmc sierracarrier bearing noisesa 12 subwooferwheel hub puller autozonests turbo reviewsisc coilovers reviewplastic clips fastenersg35x exhaustxxr 521 rivetsleak in power steering rackhow to remove spray tintsubframe replacement costbrakes make grinding noise at low speedinfiniti q45 headlightsawd vs rwdbrake pulsationnardi wheelswindshield wiper hoseaswc-1fast dual widebandpioneer avic-d1changing coilover springs2007 g35 coupe headlightshow many o2 sensors on my car08 g35xinfiniti ipod cablegold plasti dip wheelsautomatic transmission shift kitg35 coupe front lipdifference between 5w30 and 0w40sprintboosterjackpad appngk double platinumwheel spacers 350zsplash shield clipspower acoustik capacitor review4000nexuse coat hanger to unlock car