Dealer says shocks are leaking not covered under warranty? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Dealer says shocks are leaking not covered under warranty?

Dealer says shocks are leaking not covered under warranty?

Old 05-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Dealer says shocks are leaking not covered under warranty?

Hey guys,

I took my G to the dealer today to get my rear shocks checked out and they informed that they are leaking but they said my extended warranty doesn't cover that. I had them also check out numerous other problems but again they told me that nothing i brought it in for was covered. I have the infiniti extended warranty not some 3rd party warranty, Are shocks leaking really not covered under the extended warranty or am i just getting the run around? I know they are wear and tear items but leaking seems to be a diff issue. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Anyone?!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:20 AM
Wear and tear....not covered sorry
Old 06-06-2010, 02:20 AM
I think most wear and tear items are not covered. Most extended warranties are useless it seems w/ japanese cars. Its when purchasing european cars that you would need it. How can you tell that your shock is leaking?
Old 06-06-2010, 02:25 AM
Wear and tear,

What other problems were not covered?
Old 06-06-2010, 02:29 AM
Well i was having my brakes done and they let me know that they were leaking, i also had my dashboard cover over where the navigation disc is checked out since it seems to be propped up on the left side and again that was considered wear and tear as well, i have that seat tear by the bottom of the seat that there is a TSB about but also wear and tear! My drivers side doorlock just went out so lets hope thats covered!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:40 AM
These warranties are usually only good for drivetrain
Old 06-06-2010, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrarimanic360 View Post
Well i was having my brakes done and they let me know that they were leaking, i also had my dashboard cover over where the navigation disc is checked out since it seems to be propped up on the left side and again that was considered wear and tear as well, i have that seat tear by the bottom of the seat that there is a TSB about but also wear and tear! My drivers side doorlock just went out so lets hope thats covered!
The cover does tend to lift effffing thing costs 300+ too all it is, the glue is weak and lifts... If I could figure out how to take it out I would re-glue it down. the tear at the seat is not covered by warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTOPDOG View Post
These warranties are usually only good for drivetrain
You're right

But door lock is considered part of safety and it has to be covered by warranty.

You can always pull the, ok if My car catches fire or goes into a canal and I cannot open the door I'll have my family sue you guys for hindering my safety.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah exactly he quoted me like $300!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,146 Posts
wear and tear: Brake pads, rotors, bearings, unibelt, coolant, battery, brake fluid, calipers, oil/filter, air filter, cabin filter, light bulbs, etc all not covered. The tear, if there is a TSB should be covered. I even bought the "fabric protection" warranty and just now got to use it. I had several pin holes and a tear and they were covered, however the leather on the passenger seat lower cover had something weird spilled on it. It just turned the leather to dust. Not covered. However I found someone here that sold me the whole damn seat for $275, so it's all good now.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Most of those extended warranties will only cover for mechanical defects like your motor, ac compressor, brake booster, or basically things that are not expected to be replaced on the vehicle due to normal maintenance or wear and tear.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Around 16,000mi my driverside rear shock blew (leaking) the dealer replaced it for free
Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 PM
my front right shock blew up completely 2 weeks ago, its normal wear and tear item that is not covered. i have 45K miles on my car.

purchase a replacement from Riverside infiniti, i was able to replace it by myself in about 2 hours give or take.