Would anyone recommend POWERSTOP brake rotors? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Would anyone recommend POWERSTOP brake rotors?

Would anyone recommend POWERSTOP brake rotors?

Old 02-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Would anyone recommend POWERSTOP brake rotors?

Hey there guys! So I took my 2003 G35 to the shop today because I was experiencing the ol' red brake, slip, and VDC OFF lights all at once and using the handy dandy search function on this forum I found a plethora of threads that diagnosed and solved my problem! Thanks guys! I knew I needed new brake pads but apparently this was my G's attempt at communicating with me. I took it to the shop anyway and lo and behold I also ended up ruining my rotors too! Shoot! So I plan to go ahead and get some new pads and new rotors...but I know little to nothing about brake brands. I understand the engineering and physics behind brakes, I know brembo is a good brand, but beyond that I am clueless. I don't really care about performance enough to get nice brakes like brembos, I just don't want to get killed and preferably I would like to save some cash...the service center I took it to said it would cost about $150 a rotor but I found and I was hoping you guys would weigh in on them.

TL;DR
Is a good brand and if you don't recommend them what would you recommend in that price range?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:06 PM
I have Powerstop rotors for my Maxima front and rear waiting to be installed when my current ones are shot. Anyway, they are of excellent quality. Zinc plating and all. I got the slotted versions, and quality seems to be very good, much better than the OEM Kiriu in terms of appearance

If you get them from the right place on the Internet, they could be cheaper than many jobber parts at local auto parts stores. Howeverm, Powerstop rotors are made in China, but so are the $80/piece high end Raybestos rotors.

I'd say go for them if you could find them for cheap. I got mine for under $200 for front and rear if I recall.

As always, check for runout when installing them. This will maximize the life of ANY rotors. Many high end rotors are shortlived because they are installed without checking for runouts.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Brakes

I really appreciate your input! Could you share where you got yours? I'm afraid of low prices at untrusted internet shops haha.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:04 AM
I got it on one of Powerstop's authorized dealers on their website.

Just find for one that has the best deal! You will not be disappointed at their quality!!! I suggest the slotted over drill.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Good rotors, you can also find them under the owner brand of Centric via RockAuto.com.

Tirerack has a good selection of brake parts including the powerslot rotors.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Shoot, my tech just informed me that these rotors won't work with my VDC, does that sound right?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:11 PM
I've used all kinds of rotors on different cars with VDC. No problems at all.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iChainsaw View Post
Shoot, my tech just informed me that these rotors won't work with my VDC, does that sound right?
Thats funny, never heard that one before...he's wrong.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive_MD View Post
Good rotors, you can also find them under the owner brand of Centric via RockAuto.com.
You're confusing Power Stop with Power Slot. And Centric retired the Power Slot brand a few years ago and now brands all their slotted, drilled, or slotted & drilled rotors as StopTech Sport rotors.