anyone experienced problems with the bushings? G35 coupe - Page 4 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • anyone experienced problems with the bushings? G35 coupe

anyone experienced problems with the bushings? G35 coupe

Old 03-02-2014, 02:32 PM
I saw that, that seems like a pretty good deal for all OEM stuff. I have 4 bushings cracking and was looking at this eBay set of Poly Bushings. Being a suspension newbie i don't really understand what is different between these and the white Line which are hundreds more...

Does the Whiteline come with new ball joints too or something?
Old 03-04-2014, 09:19 AM
G35 Coupe Cracked bushings on front lower control arms

I have a 2005 G35 Coupe with 99k miles on it. I noticed the car was pulling to the left even after an alignment at Tire Kingdom. I brought it back and they said the bushings are cracked on the front lower control arms. The tech showed this to me. Tire Kingdom gave me a quote to replace the lower front control arms for $566. Each front lower control arm is $172 and labor is $99 an hour for 1.6 hours plus fees. I asked about just replacing the bushings (I saw this done on a YouTube video on a different car and it took 15 minutes). Infiniti does not sell the bushings separately and I found a couple of places online that sell Whiteline and Energy Suspension bushings (after market). I would not be doing the work myself.

I was going to have Tire Kingdom do it since they found it and I have an alignment packge with them. Infinti would be about twice that much but Tire Kingdom won't replace just the bushings. The tech said you have to remove the lower control arms and then cut the metal sleeve out to replace the bushings. They said the additional labor to do that would out way the savings. They said the polyurethane bushings squeak. Plus, by replacing the whole control arms, you would have a new ball joint which might need to be replaced if you just do the bushings.

Has anyone done this (and can confirm that the bushing have to be cut out of a metal sleeve) or decided to go ahead and replace the front lower control arms in the same situation?

If I still want to just replace the bushings, can anyone recommend a mechanic in Charlotte, North Carolina who can do this? Also, is there a brand that does not squeak? I donít want my car to squeak to save a few bucks :-). Thanks for your help!

Pat
Old 03-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35inNC View Post
I have a 2005 G35 Coupe with 99k miles on it. I noticed the car was pulling to the left even after an alignment at Tire Kingdom. I brought it back and they said the bushings are cracked on the front lower control arms. The tech showed this to me. Tire Kingdom gave me a quote to replace the lower front control arms for $566. Each front lower control arm is $172 and labor is $99 an hour for 1.6 hours plus fees. I asked about just replacing the bushings (I saw this done on a YouTube video on a different car and it took 15 minutes). Infiniti does not sell the bushings separately and I found a couple of places online that sell Whiteline and Energy Suspension bushings (after market). I would not be doing the work myself.

I was going to have Tire Kingdom do it since they found it and I have an alignment packge with them. Infinti would be about twice that much but Tire Kingdom won't replace just the bushings. The tech said you have to remove the lower control arms and then cut the metal sleeve out to replace the bushings. They said the additional labor to do that would out way the savings. They said the polyurethane bushings squeak. Plus, by replacing the whole control arms, you would have a new ball joint which might need to be replaced if you just do the bushings.

Has anyone done this (and can confirm that the bushing have to be cut out of a metal sleeve) or decided to go ahead and replace the front lower control arms in the same situation?

If I still want to just replace the bushings, can anyone recommend a mechanic in Charlotte, North Carolina who can do this? Also, is there a brand that does not squeak? I donít want my car to squeak to save a few bucks :-). Thanks for your help!

Pat
*and breathe*

Ok, first, the answer is no.

You do not CUT out the metal sleeve (or race as its called), you "press" out the bushing and race at the same time with a hydrologic press.
Second: the front lower control arm does not have a ball joint, it has two bushings. The the front rear control arm (aka compression rod/radius arm) has one bushing, one ball joint.
Third: polyurethane bushings are the best thing known to man when it comes to the G. They only squeak if they are not greased fully.

Please don't get your car worked on at this shop. No good shop would ever cut out a bushing race.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScraggleRock For This Useful Post:
G35inNC (03-06-2014), x53G35x (08-29-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Hello guys,

I have aftermarket Godspeed front control arms (red), and my bushings are gone. I bought Whiteline W52988 Front Control Arm Bushing set and when trying to install them, they seem smaller. Is there a way to fit them on? or should i get the oem control arms again and try them on. I dont mind putting back the oem because the whiteline bushings i think are more important and more expensive than Godspeed arms.

Any opinions what should i do
Old 08-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmadH View Post
Hello guys,

I have aftermarket Godspeed front control arms (red), and my bushings are gone. I bought Whiteline W52988 Front Control Arm Bushing set and when trying to install them, they seem smaller. Is there a way to fit them on? or should i get the oem control arms again and try them on. I dont mind putting back the oem because the whiteline bushings i think are more important and more expensive than Godspeed arms.

Any opinions what should i do
Get rid of that godspeed garbage.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScraggleRock For This Useful Post:
AhmadH (09-01-2014)
Old 08-30-2014, 05:04 PM
^yes
The Following User Says Thank You to PLENUMCOUPE For This Useful Post:
AhmadH (09-01-2014)
Old 08-31-2014, 11:53 PM
hey guys need some help. so i went to infiniti dealership. they gave me a 27 point inspection along with my oil change. I was told my rear subframe was bad. If i can recall, he said that one of my bushings was leaking. Not much of a mechanic but to me that just sounds like i need new bushing kit. Please correct me if im wrong. I have an 07 g35 coupe 6mt. Please show me some links to a good bushing kit to buy and a link that will help me replace it. i myself got killed on a new clutch at the dealership and dont plan on falling for that again.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allJDMday View Post
hey guys need some help. so i went to infiniti dealership. they gave me a 27 point inspection along with my oil change. I was told my rear subframe was bad. If i can recall, he said that one of my bushings was leaking. Not much of a mechanic but to me that just sounds like i need new bushing kit. Please correct me if im wrong. I have an 07 g35 coupe 6mt. Please show me some links to a good bushing kit to buy and a link that will help me replace it. i myself got killed on a new clutch at the dealership and dont plan on falling for that again.
Buy:

Install:
Old 09-01-2014, 12:55 AM
hey that was very helpful. I was doing some research and the part you offered me was the same brand that kept popping up. Thank you.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Hi Guys -

when replacing the front lower control arm bushings, do the after market bushings poly urethane bushings need outer metal shells?

I ordered the 73121g Energy Suspension front lower control arm bushing kit and they didn't come with outter metal shells. My mechanic says they need those shells. I know some ES bushing sets require you to resuse the existing metal shells but it doesn't specify that with this set. Does that mean the metal shells aren't necessary?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2015, 05:53 PM
No problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsint View Post
Hi Guys -

when replacing the front lower control arm bushings, do the after market bushings poly urethane bushings need outer metal shells?

I ordered the 73121g Energy Suspension front lower control arm bushing kit and they didn't come with outter metal shells. My mechanic says they need those shells. I know some ES bushing sets require you to resuse the existing metal shells but it doesn't specify that with this set. Does that mean the metal shells aren't necessary?

Thanks
Did mine last week did not use shells everything is fine. The polyurethane is strong enough to use without metal shells.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsint View Post
Hi Guys -

Thanks
Didn't realize the thread was so old my bad
Old 03-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Sedan

Are most of the bushings on the front end of the 2006 coupe the same as the sedan???? I can't find the answer anywhere. Or where to find sedan bushings at all.please help!