Do you guys think I'm overpaying for this 03 sedan? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Do you guys think I'm overpaying for this 03 sedan?

Do you guys think I'm overpaying for this 03 sedan?

Old 03-06-2017, 01:32 AM
Do you guys think I'm overpaying for this 03 sedan?

So I've had a few G's before and now I'm just buying this to daily. I'll be putting about 500 miles every few days.

They wanted 6.5k. I got it down to 5.5k. I wanted to pay 5k, but this is as low as i could get it. What do you guys think?

-03 Sedan 6mt with 182k miles (Original motor)
-G37 big brake kit
-350z wheels with new tires all around
-UAS bags
-Accuair management
-project kics neo chrome lugnuts
-Kurookie bumper
-Factory nismo aero
-custom emblemless grill
-HKS axleback exhaust
-coupe midpipe
-Furookie intake
-Plenum spacer
-polished plenum
-nismo oil cap
-strut bar
-camber arms and bolts
-jdm double din kit with kenwood unit

And a few other things. I'm not sure how bags work, but I know that it will come with coils. So my plan is to remove the bags and sell them. And maybe sell the g37 big brake kit to get some money back.

As for the rest of the mods, I have no idea how much some of these things are worth.

Paint and interior is pretty good for the year as well. Best i've seen compared to the ones on craiglist lol.

Main reason I'm inclined on getting this is because it's one of my good buddies old friend and they apparently take very good care of their cars.

So what do you guys think? And if any of you guys are interested in any of the parts, then let me know since I'll most likely be parting out to get some money back : )

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2017, 04:27 AM
Brakes would be very expensive to change out for a daily (unless that's 100 miles a day of highway). Also the car takes premium which has crazy costs some places. Air would go quick...
Old 03-06-2017, 06:21 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,221 Times in 987 Posts
I wouldn't buy an modded 03 sedan with over 180K miles as a daily to drive 500 miles every few days. Seems like a recipe for a big let down and $5K is waaaaaay too much whether I was interested in the car or not. The age and mileage kill the resale value and remember, mods don't increase the value of a car. They detract from it.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:42 AM
Banned
Pass
Sounds like the sellers just trying to recoup some of his mod money
Old 03-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
I wouldn't buy an modded 03 sedan with over 180K miles as a daily to drive 500 miles every few days. Seems like a recipe for a big let down and $5K is waaaaaay too much whether I was interested in the car or not. The age and mileage kill the resale value and remember, mods don't increase the value of a car. They detract from it.

Yeah i felt the same way. But honestly i could get some decent amount for the bags and air management thing. As well as the brakes.

I was thinking of at least getting 1200 for these things. That would mean i bought the car for around 4300. And the way i see it, the cars in this range are in pretty bad condition.

The miles do scare me, but the owner is known to take care of their cars. Plust the exterior and interior are pretty good for its age.

But at the end of the day, when i sell this thing I am hoping to get like 2k or so lol.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
Brakes would be very expensive to change out for a daily (unless that's 100 miles a day of highway). Also the car takes premium which has crazy costs some places. Air would go quick...
I meant 150 miles 2-3 times a week. All highway. And i don't mind the premium All my cars have always taken premium gas. And there was a few months were i was driving about 1000+ miles a week. That hurt my wallet a little lol

But do you know what a fair price for the UAS bags and accuair management is? I have no idea how much these things sell or go for and honestly I want these things to sell fast. So pretty much give a good deal to whoever buys them. I was thinking like 750$ for this?
Old 03-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey777 View Post
I meant 150 miles 2-3 times a week. All highway. And i don't mind the premium All my cars have always taken premium gas. And there was a few months were i was driving about 1000+ miles a week. That hurt my wallet a little lol

But do you know what a fair price for the UAS bags and accuair management is? I have no idea how much these things sell or go for and honestly I want these things to sell fast. So pretty much give a good deal to whoever buys them. I was thinking like 750$ for this?
If I was on the market for bags and management I'd grab that off you for $750. Unfortunately other things need taking care of. Use google to find the prices for them and maybe try 2/3 of that price if they're in great condition or just half the price for a super quick sale.

The brakes setup has gotta be worth close to $1000? Considering the going rate of brembo, then consider these are better in pretty much every way - Akebono's right?
Old 03-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMD_96 View Post
If I was on the market for bags and management I'd grab that off you for $750. Unfortunately other things need taking care of. Use google to find the prices for them and maybe try 2/3 of that price if they're in great condition or just half the price for a super quick sale. The brakes setup has gotta be worth close to $1000? Considering the going rate of brembo, then consider these are better in pretty much every way - Akebono's right?
close
The brembos are actually a better setup and lighter too

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: