Good deal on 2006 g35x coupe? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Good deal on 2006 g35x coupe?

Good deal on 2006 g35x coupe?

Old 06-29-2017, 11:37 PM
Good deal on 2006 g35x coupe?

Miles: 100k
Price: 6300$
- Turbo charged
- Touch screen music player (wired for subs)
- American Alloys
- Fully Loaded with nav

Seems to be in perfect condition

I guess what I am wondering, will the turbo charger in the G affect the lifespan of the vehicle drastically?
Old 06-29-2017, 11:52 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Short answer: yes

Longer answer, you need to find d out exactly how many miles are on the motor since the turbo has been installed, who did the install/tune, how much power is was it tuned for. The turbocharger itself is a wearable component and if it's 40-60k on the turbo you can expect to be replacing major components in the near future.

The biggest concern for me is actually the price, what they're asking is almost what it costs to purchase the turbo kit... something seems sketchy, my guess is it has a rebuilt/salvage title in which case I wouldn't touch the thing.

If the title is good ask them for maintenance history and get as many details as possible, keep in mind that a forced induction motor has a significantly higher chance of going kaboom. A N/A motor will usually give you plenty of warning when a component starts to fail, a F/I motor often just kabooms and you're stuck replacing a long block.

If you're looking for a daily driver find something else, if this is just a fun project or toy car then get more answers.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Short answer: yes

Longer answer, you need to find d out exactly how many miles are on the motor since the turbo has been installed, who did the install/tune, how much power is was it tuned for. The turbocharger itself is a wearable component and if it's 40-60k on the turbo you can expect to be replacing major components in the near future.

The biggest concern for me is actually the price, what they're asking is almost what it costs to purchase the turbo kit... something seems sketchy, my guess is it has a rebuilt/salvage title in which case I wouldn't touch the thing.

If the title is good ask them for maintenance history and get as many details as possible, keep in mind that a forced induction motor has a significantly higher chance of going kaboom. A N/A motor will usually give you plenty of warning when a component starts to fail, a F/I motor often just kabooms and you're stuck replacing a long block.

If you're looking for a daily driver find something else, if this is just a fun project or toy car then get more answers.
The seller said he bought a 2017 Mustang GT and only has room for one car so he is just trying to get rid of it. Im going to have a pre-purchase inspection done, and will check on the turbo.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: