state farm insurance??!? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • state farm insurance??!?

state farm insurance??!?

Old 04-03-2006, 11:42 PM
state farm insurance??!?

hey guys, ive been doing alot of research. i just got a quote from an insurance company on full coverage for a 06 G35...i'm 23yrs old with an Ok record, a few tickets here and there..does this plan sound fair for me??

VEHICLE #1 TERRITORY: 203
MODEL YEAR: 2006 CLASS: 5B AGE: 23
VEH. DESC: INFINITI G35 2D CPE INSURANCE RATING GROUP: 24
LIABILITY RATING GROUP: 04

RATES EFF: January 30, 2006

POLICY COVERAGES AS FOLLOWS:
SEMI-ANNUAL
LIMITS PREMIUM
AUTOMOBILE LIABILITY WITH 100/300/100 $385.17
PERSONAL INJURY PROTECT P4
PROPERTY PROTECTION INSURANCE $1,000,000
LIMITED PROPERTY DAMAGE $500 $6.63
COMPREHENSIVE $100 DEDUCTIBLE ACV $281.21
COLLISION $500 REGULAR DEDUCTIBLE ACV $745.20
EMERGENCY ROAD SERVICE $4.30
UNINSURED MOTOR VEHICLE 100/300 $4.13
AUTO DEATH INDEMNITY 1 AT $10000 $2.40
CATASTROPHIC CLAIMS PREMIUM $80.33
STATUTORY ASSESSMENT $.57
TOTAL OF 6 MONTH PREMIUM $1509.94
MONTHLY PREMIUM * $251.66
* SERVICE CHARGE NOT INCLUDED

APPLICABLE DISCOUNTS:
STEER CLEAR DISCOUNT
VEHICLE SAFETY
NO DEPENDENTS PREMIUM ADJUSTME
ANTI THEFT DISCOUNT-OPTIMUM
SAFETY BELT DISCOUNT
Old 04-04-2006, 01:15 AM
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_dizzle
hey guys, ive been doing alot of research. i just got a quote from an insurance company on full coverage for a 06 G35...i'm 23yrs old with an Ok record, a few tickets here and there..does this plan sound fair for me??

<SNIP>
No. This quote is for a Sedan, but i would imagine that the premium wouldn't be *that* much more for a Coupe, would it?

- Geico, per six months

I would DEFINITELY stay away from Nationwide. Their agents couldn't agree with their "HQ," I got mis-billed, switched to another company, got another bill for 1.5x my entire 6 month premium, found out later that my uninsured motorist property damage was only 15,000 (my car alone, forgetting for a moment any other things that might be damaged, is worth twice that!). I'd write out the story, but I don't feel like writing a 1,000 word essay, or raising my blood pressure this late at night.

I recommend Geico. The 800 number is answered directly by an agent (which startled me the first time), and their website has a nifty "chat" feature where someone can discuss your documents, and even help you fill out forms or point you to useful information. If you don't mind the touchy-feely connection of talking to the same person every time you have a question, go for it.

Keep in mind that this recommendation is coming from a guy that does EVERYTHING online; I manage my portifolio, bank accounts, bills, and everything else via the Web. I last walked into a bank about a year ago to get a stack of deposit envelopes. ;-)

By the way, I'm in a similar boat. I'm twenty-three years old, have a Master's Degree, and am an engineer (which I hear supposedly gets me a minor rate credit compared to my colleagues in sales and marketing). Aside from the extra two doors, it sounds like my situation a year ago is pretty similar to yours now.

~ Mike

Last edited by mhollinger; 04-04-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:49 AM
i have state farm, just turned 24, full coverage $500 deductible 2003 coupe $148/month.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:30 AM
Try Esurance.com, 21st.com and Insweb.com, see for yourself how much difference they are.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhollinger
No. This quote is for a Sedan, but i would imagine that the premium wouldn't be *that* much more for a Coupe, would it?

- Geico, per six months

I would DEFINITELY stay away from Nationwide. Their agents couldn't agree with their "HQ," I got mis-billed, switched to another company, got another bill for 1.5x my entire 6 month premium, found out later that my uninsured motorist property damage was only 15,000 (my car alone, forgetting for a moment any other things that might be damaged, is worth twice that!). I'd write out the story, but I don't feel like writing a 1,000 word essay, or raising my blood pressure this late at night.

I recommend Geico. The 800 number is answered directly by an agent (which startled me the first time), and their website has a nifty "chat" feature where someone can discuss your documents, and even help you fill out forms or point you to useful information. If you don't mind the touchy-feely connection of talking to the same person every time you have a question, go for it.

Keep in mind that this recommendation is coming from a guy that does EVERYTHING online; I manage my portifolio, bank accounts, bills, and everything else via the Web. I last walked into a bank about a year ago to get a stack of deposit envelopes. ;-)

By the way, I'm in a similar boat. I'm twenty-three years old, have a Master's Degree, and am an engineer (which I hear supposedly gets me a minor rate credit compared to my colleagues in sales and marketing). Aside from the extra two doors, it sounds like my situation a year ago is pretty similar to yours now.

~ Mike
Thanks for the help Mike. But i was wondering, should i have accept the rental reimbursement, mechanical breakdown insurance, comprehensive, etc and pay more? whats worth picking and which price range is good or normal to pick for like bodily injury liability, personal injury etc? which ones are mandatory???? any more info would help, sorry guys i'm new to this whole buying my own car thing so bare with me..

btw heres the geico one i did, looks like a good choice for me or??

Bodily Injury Liability(BI) $50,000 / $100,000 $81.60
Property Damage Liability(PD) $50,000 $15.90
Personal Injury Protection(PIP) $300 deductible $421.30
Property Protection(PP) $1,000,000 $23.60
Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury $50,000 / $100,000 $10.00
Comprehensive(COMP) NO not provided
Collision(COLL) NO not provided
Emergency Road Service(ERS) NO not provided
Rental Reimbursement(RR) NO not provided
Mechanical Breakdown Insurance NO not provided
Vehicle Total: $552.40
Old 04-09-2006, 04:23 AM
uh... add comprehensive and collision protection on that geico quote. I don't know what personal injury protection/personal property protection covers (if you copy and paste it, it would help).

bodily injury liability and property damage liability is mandatory.

if you are buying a brand new car, i would imagine there's no need for mechnical breakdown insurance... or if you have AAA.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:29 AM
workin...
k_dizzle, if you are in cali/oregon, sign up for wawanesa
Old 04-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_dizzle
Thanks for the help Mike. But i was wondering, should i have accept the rental reimbursement, mechanical breakdown insurance, comprehensive, etc and pay more? whats worth picking and which price range is good or normal to pick for like bodily injury liability, personal injury etc? which ones are mandatory???? any more info would help, sorry guys i'm new to this whole buying my own car thing so bare with me..

btw heres the geico one i did, looks like a good choice for me or??
Yikes. I'm surprised it let you actually get a quote like that. I would have thought it would make little recommendations to get some of the items you opted out of.

Now, I am NOT an insurance agent, and I don't work for an insurance company. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think the post you made and the quote you showed display a lack of understanding of the key elements of the policy, and the effects these items can have. Call Geico, or whomever, and let them discuss with you what may or may not be best. Don't take advice from me. I responded to your post because I was in a similar situation, and gave you my quote as a reference point. I understand why you asked here. It's a little daunting at first, but research is your answer. Why would you take advice from random people on some BBS, anyway? Who knows what my motive might be.

The only real advice I have is to call a real insurance company like Geico or several of the ones mentioned elsewhere in the thread.

With that said, I do have some comments. It appears that you low-balled the quote too much. Your Comp / Collision is missing as mentioned earlier. Also, you might consider rental reimbursement. Infiniti will provide loaners, but only for work they do at the dealer. $5 says your car won't ever get to a dealer for insurance work.

Go do your homework. Research on Google what items are "normal" for the state you live in. For example, I have no idea whether $1,000,000 in Property Protection is good or bad. Why should I care? I certainly don't know your financial situation.

To Bobalude, see for a description of PPI.

G'day,
~ Mike

Last edited by mhollinger; 04-09-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:55 AM
my dad has had state farm since 1978, everytime he's ever been in an accident (2 times, both not at fault) state farm has cleared up everythign so fast that he could barely believe it. i am +1 for state farm
Old 04-10-2006, 08:11 PM
wawanesa in california was highly recommended by my body shop... don't go to 21st... they changed their policy and it sucks now...