How much should a "key" scratch cost to fix? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • How much should a "key" scratch cost to fix?

How much should a "key" scratch cost to fix?

Old 02-02-2004, 05:23 PM
How much should a "key" scratch cost to fix?

I hate to post on the subject, but I have no experience with this. My silver G35 was "keyed". The scratch is deep, and about 12" long. I got a quick estimate from local SoCal Infiniti service guy who looked at it: approx. $180 and 1 1/2 days. Is this about right, or should I seek a 2nd opinion?

For what it's worth, it happened outside of a "striking" supermarket. I went in to use the bank inside, and came out to see their handiwork. Gotta luv that, huh?

Old 02-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Re: How much should a "key" scratch cost to fix?

$180 sounds reasonable as long as it is done properly. I had a much longer key scratch from front to back on another car about 4 years ago and the repairs were over $1,000.

Old 02-03-2004, 12:33 AM

You should ask what their process is for repairing it. If it is not to deep they are probably going to sand it and polish it out, then $180 is fair. If the scratch is too deep then the proper repairs should cost around $1000.

Old 02-04-2004, 12:41 AM

my g was keyed from the front fender to the rear fender. they even keyed the driver side window? who keys windows... anyway it cost 1100 to repair because it was very deep and they replaced the window. oh and i was g-less for 5 days.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2006 6MT will not start - clutch? zcherub Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction 1 08-30-2015 06:04 PM
Gps AL323 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 4 08-12-2015 02:35 AM
KICS Leggdura Lug Nuts with Locking - 2 Piece Shell Design - NO MORE STRIPPING COLOR RAVSPEC Wheels & Tires-Vendor 0 08-05-2015 04:53 PM
Alarm wont allow key fobs to work on car JMSABO G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 2 08-04-2015 12:58 PM

Tags
car, cost, deep, fix, fixing, it, key, keyed, keying, repair, repairing, scratch, scratches, typical, window
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: