How to get swirl marks/ spider webs out of black paint - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • How to get swirl marks/ spider webs out of black paint

How to get swirl marks/ spider webs out of black paint

Old 08-19-2008, 05:43 PM
How to get swirl marks/ spider webs out of black paint

What do you guys with black cars detail your cars with? how do you remove or prevent that spider webbing in the paint? I use the softest micro fiber towels and still no luck. Also what wax or polish do you use on the car?
Old 08-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Most swirls and light scratching is a result of a poor washing program. Best way to deal with them, is to avoid them. Invest in a quality washing mitt or boars hair brush. I always prerinse and soap my vehicle on one passing and then follow up with another soaping with a mitt. Use two buckets, one with your soap and water, the second with only water or with just a little soap to rinse your mitt or brush off in.

Polishing is the real key in a great finish and removing defects. I stick to orange and white cutting pads, and if I need more cutting power I go for a heavier cutting compound in lieu of a yellow pad. with an orange pad should have all the cutting power you will need. It will leave some hazing that will be removed when you follow up with a finishing polish like or the less expensive .

Wax is more of a matter of preference. I like P21S/S100, but if you are looking for something more durable, maybe you should look at .

You should only have to use the more aggressive polishes once or twice a year, and use the lighter polish every 3 months or every other waxing.

gives 10% off with 10off350z and is clubmember or AGO depending if you want 10% or free shipping. Both are reputable. If not, you can go with Meguairs High Tech #26, Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover 2.0, and their Mirror Glaze. Some Kragen, PepBoys, etc... carry all three, some are uber lame and do not.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Former G35 Sponsor
I would suggest reading for a step by step on how to properly take car of the dreaded black paint.

Migliore offers a high quality line of products: .
Old 08-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi Don, I PM'd you back about the sample wax. Let me know so I can do a quick comparison and review.