Dodo Juice Supernatural Review - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Dodo Juice Supernatural Review

Dodo Juice Supernatural Review

Old 09-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Dodo Juice Supernatural Review

Here is my initial impressions of Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax from Detailed Image (awseome sponsor; highly recommended):

Appearance: The wax looked very similar to other pure wax nubas; that is it looks like wax. It has a slightly yellower appearance in comparison to P21S. The wax is soft to the touch at the point you would believe it is butter (very similar to P21S Concours) and has a very oily feel (typical of these waxes). The smell is well not something most people will sniff but it smells like a pure wax (that is like wax I guess ).

Application: This wax applied as easy as P21S Concours and buffed off just as easy. I buttered up my pad like I do with P21S Concours and hand application was a chore. I could see very few people pulling out their polishers just to apply this wax.

Results:

I was anxious to see the results of the wax as I was hoping it would be better than P21S Concours. I finished my detail by 7:30; sun was already set. Sitting in my garage with poor lighting; I honestly felt dissapointed by the results as it looked similar to my P21S. I was in such a rush I ended up topping off Klasse AIO with this instead of KSG and layering that over the next couple of days. I covered the car and was hoping I could see a difference under the sun but I was doubtful at this point.

Today I opened my garage and I must say that my last night assumptions of the wax were wrong. Never has my Diamond Graphite looked so wet; the car was catching reflections on everything (near impossible with my car). The pics understate the end results and keep in mind my color is one of the hardest colors to bring this kind of depth too. With a black vehicle; I can only picture the end results being nothing short of show car class category. My usual combo of P21S and KAIO seemed to feel outclassed by the end results of this wax.

I guess the big question is if this wax is worth the $$; for most regular non-car people it might not but for the few automotive enthusiast looking for that extra 10-15% this wax will foot the bill. If you are someone who really wants to bring the shine of their vehicle to the next level; this is the wax you will want. I have searched very long for something to bring my vehicle's paint to the next level; and this is it. Durability I have yet to see; but I would not even mind reapplying this wax every 2 weeks.

For now my P21S Concours will take a back seat to this wax .

Old 09-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Thanks for your review on DJ. Your car looks awesome!! But yea maybe its just me but from pics on the internet(which i know doesnt always do the cars justice) it seems once you get to a certain level of quality waxes/sealants the results look the same if done right. Then its basically up to the individual on what combo of products they are going to use. The DJ supernatural is too much $$ for me
Old 09-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks . Yeah from the internet it is very difficult for the majority of the time to show a noticeable difference between LSPs especially if the prep used prior to it is excellent. I remember one reviewer on Autopia didn't even bother posting pictures since he said no one would notice the difference on the internet; haha (he did love the wax though). In person though; I right away noticed a difference between p21S Concours and this. This is definately one of the waxes you need to see in person to appreciate.

Now if only my car didn't exhibit such horrible orange peel... haha.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:50 PM
What sort of prep work did you do (ie: wash/polish/clay?) Nice colour combo - we have the exact same car (year and interior too) other than I have the 19 inch OEM wheels (6MT).

Car looks mint.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Ha thanks. I am a little obsessed over keeping my car clean.

Prep involved:
-Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash
- Wetsanded 2000 grit (scratch on rear bumper cover) - I'll post some pics when I get home
- 4" LC Orange Cut for wetsanded areas with SSR 2.5
- ISA Wipedown (to somewhat remove my 4+ layers of KAIO/KSG)
- Mothers Clay Barred vehicle (ONR in QD concentration as lube)
- 6.5" LC Purple Foamed Wool with SSR 2.5 for hood, trunk lid, and roof (marred areas)
- 6.5" LC White light cut SSR 1.0
- 6" White light cut Klasse All in one
-Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax for vehicle paint
-P21S Concours on wheels
-Meguiars Tire Shine Endurance
- Chemical Guys Bare bones

Worse of all; my car is parked outside and it was raining...
Old 09-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asad_A203
Worse of all; my car is parked outside and it was raining...
LoL... Ouch that sucks!! Well look at the bright side, i bet you can get some really nice pics of the water beading on your car
Old 09-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLU
LoL... Ouch that sucks!! Well look at the bright side, i bet you can get some really nice pics of the water beading on your car

Haha right on. Sadly I will need to be stripping the wax as early as next week. I have a feeling winter might be coming a bit earlier than usual this year and will need my KSG back on there.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Grocery getter
Awesome review. When I saw they were stocking Dodo now I had to go look. I think when my current supply runs out I may have to try some of this stuff. Man... it's just so much $ to spend on wax. I guess we'll see.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Grocery getter
Never mind, I didn't see the small container last time. I can do $30 to try it out, no problem. It was the $200 that had me scared.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:05 PM
where do you see a small container?
Old 09-29-2008, 07:01 PM
SPONSOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkman00
where do you see a small container?
We offer a for $29.99 which should give you roughly 5 applications or so when applied correctly. It's a great way to test out a higher end wax without shelling out nearly $200 for 250ml to do so.

If any one has any other questions on the , please do not hesitate to ask.

George
Old 09-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrank
Never mind, I didn't see the small container last time. I can do $30 to try it out, no problem. It was the $200 that had me scared.
Same one I used. I am pretty confident it will last 5-6 more applications. After that the bigger tub will serve its purpose; haha.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:07 PM
kewl - i just placed an order for blue velvet. let's see how this compares to pinnacle
Old 09-30-2008, 02:19 AM
I'll tell ya, I've used lot's of waxes and I do NOT believe there is going to be much of difference between a $20 nuba wax and a $1000 nuba. I think many just try to justify the cost by swearing there is a difference when in reality you line up 10 people, no one will see and huge differences if any. It's all about prep.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by never gone
I'll tell ya, I've used lot's of waxes and I do NOT believe there is going to be much of difference between a $20 nuba wax and a $1000 nuba. I think many just try to justify the cost by swearing there is a difference when in reality you line up 10 people, no one will see and huge differences if any. It's all about prep.
I agree that 90% of the results is the prep work and the minimal 10% is the LSP. I am pretty confident though I am accurate on the end result; I pretty much have a minor in Psych so I try to keep all the self conforming biases to a minimal when I do assessments; haha.

Agreed most people won't be able to tell a difference; but I have been doing my Klasse + P21S for quite some time now. I definately noticed a difference not present with my prior Klasse + P21S layers under my own inspection; and after checking online many people on Autopia noticed a difference as well. I was very skeptical at first however but I do admit I was hoping to see an improvement. This is not a huge difference; maybe a 10-15% improvement which is all I could hope for considering my prep is pretty good.

I will be testing out some Souveran in Spring and I will do a test panel on my car between turtle wax, Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax, Dodo Juice Supernatural, and Pinnacle Souveran and see what the end results are just to confirm to myself I wasn't doing a blind confirmation.