Best way to clean orbital buffer pads? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Best way to clean orbital buffer pads?

Best way to clean orbital buffer pads?

Old 09-25-2004, 02:14 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Best way to clean orbital buffer pads?

I have heard that you can clean the pads once they have been used a couple times.. Before I apply them to my coupe, I'd like to get any dirt/grime/old wax out of the pads.

Are there any specific methods as to getting the pads like brand new? Maybe putting them in the washing machine??

Thanks..

Jason

October 2nd - Jacksonville, FL G35/350Z Meet
Old 09-25-2004, 11:00 AM
Re: Best way to clean orbital buffer pads?

I definitely would *not* put them in the washer. Be careful about doing anything that may affect the velcro. Personally I fill a bucket w/ hot water and Dawn. I then leave the pads in the bucket for anywhere from 10-30 minutes. Afterwards, I rub a little more Dawn into the pads until the pad suds up and the polish starts breaking down.

Old 09-29-2004, 06:59 PM

Throw them in the washer. They will be fine. Just don't use any fabric softner or detergent with additives.

Twilight Blue G35 Coupe 6MT
Premium - Nav - Aero - Trunk Mat
Injen CAI
Old 10-03-2004, 09:06 PM

Soak them in soapy water. Thoroughly rinse, wring out, then reattach to buffer and spin dry at highest RPM setting. Clean pads after each use and they will last for years. Do not allow polish and wax residues to dry in the pad.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS[NorCal]: Endless SS-Y Brake Pads xx7sephiroth7xx Brakes 8 03-03-2016 03:01 AM
I did it! TNRocker New Members Check In 6 09-21-2015 09:36 AM
FS[Texas]: Stock Suspension from V36 G35 Sport Sedan 3-fity Steering & Suspension 0 09-20-2015 06:05 PM
FS: bigmike G35 Cars 0 09-17-2015 02:58 PM
Overlooked part of rotor replacement NJ6MT G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 4 09-10-2015 09:40 AM

Tags
10, bonnets, brand, buffer, buffing, clean, cleaning, good, orbital, oribital, pad, pads, rated, top, wash, washers, wax
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: