Scraped my rim against the curb =(. How to fix? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Scraped my rim against the curb =(. How to fix?

Scraped my rim against the curb =(. How to fix?

Old 03-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Scraped my rim against the curb =(. How to fix?

I have the new '05 19 inch alluminum alloy rims and I slightly scraped my rims against teh curb while parking the other night. The rim has like a 2-3 inch scratch which isn't noticeable unless your face is about a foot away from the rim, but I'd like to be able to fix it just for ease of mind. Is there anything you can buy at an auto store to touch up these sorts of things? Thanks guys
Old 03-24-2005, 09:29 PM
i wanna know that too !! 3rd day after i pick up my car i scratched my rim already 19" with 225/40/ just to low profile for me..
Old 03-26-2005, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erockoneskee
I have the new '05 19 inch alluminum alloy rims and I slightly scraped my rims against teh curb while parking the other night. The rim has like a 2-3 inch scratch which isn't noticeable unless your face is about a foot away from the rim, but I'd like to be able to fix it just for ease of mind. Is there anything you can buy at an auto store to touch up these sorts of things? Thanks guys
It happened to my girl's car the other day (my fault).. Your local rim shop can take care of it for you. I took mine to a discount tire store in San Antonio. The whole rim has to be reconditioned. It will run about 125-150 for the repair.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Same thing happened to me this weekend. I can thank the wonderful town of Hoboken,NJ and their wonderful potholes! If it isn't that noticeable I would just leave it be. I am sure this isn't the last time it will happen. 19" wheels are tough to drive around with on bad streets. Argh!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:40 PM
'04.5 Black 6MT Coupe
Happened to me too. To make things worse, like an [email protected]$, I dropped mine at the rim repair shop on the face and damaged the whole rim! God, I suck! Anyway, I was told the wheels are powder coated, so it would need to be sandblasted and repainted. The dealership claims these wheels would cost me 850.00 new each! So I found a performance wheel shop and bought a rehab'd wheel for 150.00. Hopefully someone on this board had a smoother time than I did. Good luck
Old 04-07-2005, 11:38 PM
G SQUAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Same thing happened to me this weekend. I can thank the wonderful town of Hoboken,NJ and their wonderful potholes! If it isn't that noticeable I would just leave it be. I am sure this isn't the last time it will happen. 19" wheels are tough to drive around with on bad streets. Argh!

i hope you enjoyed your stay here that day!!lol j/k