DIY: Manual Tranny and Diff Fluid Change - Page 8 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • DIY: Manual Tranny and Diff Fluid Change

DIY: Manual Tranny and Diff Fluid Change

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Didn't see this info anywhere else in the thread..

Crush washer P/N: 11026-4N200

They are stupid expensive at my local Nissan dealer, they wanted $3 a piece. I found them online for $0.14 each, so shipping is the only real cost. I got 12 of them for $12 to my door. You will need 2 for the tranny and 2 for the diff.

Yes, you can "get away" without changing them and have a leak free change, or perhaps several. If you want to be bold you can even entirely omit the washer and still have a leak free change. (I discovered that my drain plug did not have one on it during my recent change, thanks to the last grease monkey who did it.) Up to you if you want to spend the few bucks for the peace of mind. These washers will deform (compress) by about 0.010-0.015" at the specified torque, so a visual inspection won't tell you a whole lot.

Edit - video tutorial here: http://rupromenergo.ru/forums/engine-...nge-video.html

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: 05 G35 Sedan 6MT Diamond Graphite - $7000 derres G35 Cars 3 08-28-2015 04:27 PM
Car resisting when I get off gas in 1st Blakearold G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 9 08-19-2015 11:20 AM
FS: 2005 IP sport package g35 coupe VERY CLEAN! linedr89 G35 Cars 2 08-17-2015 06:11 PM
Paranoid New Owner of an 03 6MT NemesisGee G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 41 08-11-2015 08:10 PM
Rear Differential help needed myGspot Drivetrain 2 08-11-2015 12:58 PM

Tags
bg, car, change, diff, differential, diy, driver, fluid, g35, hq, induction, nissan, oil, recommended, sycroshift, trans
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off