Check this before your powertrain warranty is up! - Page 5 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Check this before your powertrain warranty is up!


Check this before your powertrain warranty is up!

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-22-2008, 12:22 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok when i bought the car used from dealer..i bought the protecton plan they offered..which pretty much covers bumper to bumper..pretty much like the warrenry they offer when u buy new..(i just have to pay a $100 deductable whenever i bring the car in) but my question is....can i just bring it to the dealer and say "can u check out this issue" without knowing weather or not my engine has that issue? can i just say i thikn something might be wrong and they have to check it out? or how would it work? cuz everyone that went to the daeler to get it fixed already knew there was oil there..but i dknot...make sense?
Old 07-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Jun 2008
location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 275
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyAlex
ok when i bought the car used from dealer..i bought the protecton plan they offered..which pretty much covers bumper to bumper..pretty much like the warrenry they offer when u buy new..(i just have to pay a $100 deductable whenever i bring the car in) but my question is....can i just bring it to the dealer and say "can u check out this issue" without knowing weather or not my engine has that issue? can i just say i thikn something might be wrong and they have to check it out? or how would it work? cuz everyone that went to the daeler to get it fixed already knew there was oil there..but i dknot...make sense?
I called and told them the problem. Naturally they acted dumb founded and said they would have to look at it. I waited 40 minutes while they checked it to confirm and then got a loaner car. They won't take your word for anything so they will diagnose the car for free usually if they are a reputable dealer.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
is there a way u can tell if u have this issue beside checking it? like does ur engine make any werid noise? or problem starting..etc?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (33)
Join Date: Nov 2004
location: OC - So Cal
Posts: 17,181
Thanked 145 Times in 103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyAlex
is there a way u can tell if u have this issue beside checking it? like does ur engine make any werid noise? or problem starting..etc?
did you read the 1st post?... and the pages after it?
Old 07-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Apr 2008
location: Richmond, B.C.
Posts: 1,621
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
that is an 03 g, so its a rev-up right?
yeah i herd that the rev-up engines had a major oil leak issue, thats why there is only non rev-ups sold now
but even then, i was told from a friend of mine, who's best friend is a mechanic for infiniti, he said that all the coupes (as far as he knows) have a tiny tiny oil leak and that its not repairable! im like WTF!, they say it was to save a little bit of cost, and that the oil leak isnt an issue because it is very small, and you wont notice it.

but still, if there is an oil leak in your internals, no matter how small, the owner wants to feel secure and wants to feel that they baught a vehicle for 60 grand and expect it to be perfect, even a honda accord doesnt have this problem and its a fraction of the cost!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (33)
Join Date: Nov 2004
location: OC - So Cal
Posts: 17,181
Thanked 145 Times in 103 Posts
^^^ What the ?????

Everything in the first sentence couldn’t be more wrong... in fact - the entire post is perplexing
Old 07-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (9)
Join Date: Aug 2007
location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 6,490
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ What the ?????

Everything in the first sentence couldn’t be more wrong... in fact - the entire post is perplexing
+1 WTF indeed
Old 07-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Sep 2006
location: chicago illinois
Posts: 614
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ What the ?????

Everything in the first sentence couldn’t be more wrong... in fact - the entire post is perplexing

oh my god.

you are soo rightt

the whole post is wrong!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Apr 2008
location: Richmond, B.C.
Posts: 1,621
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
im just saying what he told me, i dont know anything about these leaks and rev-up and non-rev up
im simply saying that this is what my friend told me
but since its wrong i feel better!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Jun 2008
location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 275
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggz786786
im just saying what he told me, i dont know anything about these leaks and rev-up and non-rev up
im simply saying that this is what my friend told me
but since its wrong i feel better!
The early years are the non rev-up motors. Whoever told you all this can't possibly work at a dealership. The fact that it is in a coupe makes no difference so how could only coupe VQ35's have your infamous oil leak? Lay off the crack...or tell your friend to.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: May 2005
location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 2,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 70 Times in 34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggz786786
that is an 03 g, so its a rev-up right?
yeah i herd that the rev-up engines had a major oil leak issue, thats why there is only non rev-ups sold now
but even then, i was told from a friend of mine, who's best friend is a mechanic for infiniti, he said that all the coupes (as far as he knows) have a tiny tiny oil leak and that its not repairable! im like WTF!, they say it was to save a little bit of cost, and that the oil leak isnt an issue because it is very small, and you wont notice it.

but still, if there is an oil leak in your internals, no matter how small, the owner wants to feel secure and wants to feel that they baught a vehicle for 60 grand and expect it to be perfect, even a honda accord doesnt have this problem and its a fraction of the cost!
just putting in my $0.02

Old 07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: May 2005
location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 2,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 70 Times in 34 Posts
hehe.. no pun intended, that just seems highly unlikely that your friend works at the dealership since according to what you say, they know less about the cars than we do. I really do appreciate it when everyone contributes information, even if it's not accurate. I hope all the negative responses here don't turn people off from contributing their ideas.. just put on a flame suit and take it as a positive challenge

Old 07-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
Join Date: May 2005
location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 2,170
Thanks: 0
Thanked 70 Times in 34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythabay
seems highly unlikely that your friend works at the dealership since according to what you say, they know less about the cars than we do
actually, most of the dealership techs don't know any details like we obsessed enthusiasts do... just think of how many times you've heard the dealership say "we've never heard of that problem"
Old 07-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (33)
Join Date: Nov 2004
location: OC - So Cal
Posts: 17,181
Thanked 145 Times in 103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggz786786
i was told from a friend of mine, who's best friend is a mechanic for infiniti,
any post the starts: "my friend's best friend is a tech"... might as well just be deleted...
Old 07-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Jun 2008
location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 275
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythabay
actually, most of the dealership techs don't know any details like we obsessed enthusiasts do... just think of how many times you've heard the dealership say "we've never heard of that problem"
The exact phrase I heard about my valve covers. I was like...come on guys...they're plastic!!!!

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Pioneer AVIC-4000NEX with AWSC-1 + PAC OEM1 AuAltima3.5 Audio/Video/Electronics 4 09-13-2015 12:48 PM
FS: Fumoto Oil Drain Valve with lock johnadlertech Engine - Complete Motors 2 09-06-2015 01:45 PM
FS: OEM Headlight bulb set Philips D2R johnadlertech Lights 0 09-04-2015 01:35 PM
FS: 2005 Sedan full size spare trunk mat johnadlertech Interior 0 09-04-2015 01:26 PM


Tags
03, 2003, cel, coil, deezflip, g35, rupromenergo.ru, infiniti, oil, pack, plug, pooling, powertrain, seal, spark, tube, warranty
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, rupromenergo.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


random misfirealpine pxe-h650plasti dip prep wheelsfrys in natomashow to refinish chrome rimsbreaking into a car with a coat hanger2007 saleen s281 specsnissan maxima 4th genwhat is the clicking noise in my carblitz rhino rampkicker 15 inch subwoofersled h1 bulbswhat to do if you lose your lug nut keystance coiloverbucket grit guard home depotmrr wheels for saletreaddepot tiressqueaky suspensioninfiniti g35 exhaust kittiburon supercharger kitlexus vs bmw maintenanceyokohama yk520 tiresg35 coupe hks exhaustnissan 350z speedometernissan keyless entry battery replacement1010tires canadap0300 code nissan altimabad transfer case symptomshow to use prestone flush and fill kitviper 5902headlight overlaysbmw e46 330i zhpplasti dip top coatucla bruins forummobil 1 oil vs royal purplevredestein ultrac sessanta reviewsundown audio salecanadian tire caliper paintg35show to make a fiberglass sub boxpiaa hid lightsmpg comparisonsscrew in tire repairame circlar spec rbride vios replicawhat does dtc mean on a carbbs rgr wheelsinfiniti g37s coupe 0 60stretching tiresglendale infinitywheel spacer issuesturtle wax black boxinfiniti inskiprockford polisher bufferg35 headlightsg35 wirelessxxr 18x10michelin pilot alpin pa2 reviewnissan emblem replacementjeri lee threadrim visualizer for carsg35 modelsjl audio w7 13.5 for salexxr 968 wheelsacpt carbon fiber driveshaftkics wheel nutsvalvoline maxlife synthetic atf370z nismo wheelsxxr ccw replicahow many psi in a car tire2007 mustang gt 0-60