Heater issue in 2006 g35x - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Heater issue in 2006 g35x

Heater issue in 2006 g35x

Old 01-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Heater issue in 2006 g35x

I'm having an issue with the heater in my car and I'm hoping someone can provide some insight before I have it checked out. In the past 2 months the heater in my car takes longer to turn on depending on how cold it is outside. In the past few days it has been -25 C where I live (-13 F for the US folks) and my heater has been taking 20 minutes to turn on. I was parking in a garage for a few weeks and the heater would turn on after a few minutes (inside temperature of the garage was around 32 F)

If I have the defrost on I can feel warm air coming out depending on the temperature I have it set at, there is just no forceful air coming out. When the heater does come on the air temperature is normal and I can adjust it without any issues. I haven't noticed any lingering sweet smell from the heater. A few times I have noticed a bit of an odor that goes away after a few seconds which I've always thought was normal when the heater turns on.

Any thoughts on this? It seems like it's an electrical issue and it's taking a wire of sensor awhile to heat up before the heater turns on.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:35 AM
do you mean you don't feel air comin out of the vents or you don't feel any warm air coming from the vents?
you know the heater works of engine coolant temp.
so it makes sense that it takes longer to blow hot air when the car is left outside.
engine coolant runs from the engine to a heater core in your dash, then a blower motor blows air through the heater core and the heat turns hot as it passes through the core thus giving you hot air.

the heat should go up with engine temp. so if your car is cold, heater air will be cold.
if your car is 25% warm. you'll have sort of warm air.
once your car is at operating temp, that's when your heater works fine.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm having this problem with my '06 G35x too. It is only a few degrees above 0 F here in the mornings and I park on the street. I turn the heat on high or the defrost on high and absolutely NO AIR comes out for a good 20 minutes of driving. Doesn't matter if I let the car idle for 5+ minutes before I start driving, it still takes a good two minutes of driving before any air escapes the vents. I added coolant and that didn't help, it is at a good level. Thank goodness for my seat warmer, warm coat, gloves, and blanket, or I would be an ice cube by the time I get to work. Today it was 3 degrees out and the hit kicked on right when I pulled into the parking lot at work. What a joke! What should I do? The car also squeals when I first drive off, and didn't start doing this until it got cold.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:01 PM
air is not coming out of the vents?

I had a problem with my heater coming on but cold air came from the vent at idle and then hot air when the car was moving. I bled the cooling system and now I have hot air. Usually this is caused by air in the cooling system.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:04 PM
You have a bad fan relay, I was one of the first people on driver to experience this exact issue and have a rather lengthy thread on the issue here:
http://rupromenergo.ru/forums/general...ermittent.html

Several other people have stumbled upon that thread over the years and it's becoming a more common issue. The key symptoms are that this is only an issue after outside temps plummet and your fan doesn't spin at all until the car warms up for a certain amount of time. The relay is cheap and I have a DIY about halfway down the thread on how to fix it. You can also swap 2 identical relays around to confirm this is your issue. It's all discussed in that thread.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:21 PM
SiouxFallsG35, thanks for the tip and for the DIY instructions. My husband ordered the relay on Amazon for $23 and replaced the part. Now my heater works great! Makes my morning commute so much more pleasant. You're a hero!
Old 01-03-2018, 12:57 PM
NO HEAT in 2006 G35X

I am a new user to the site and hope someone can help me with a major issue with my 2006 g35X sedan, 98K miles.
I have no heat in my car. I purchased the car in the spring and did not notice this problem at that time. The heat blows cold air from ALL vents when idle. Periodically, warm AIR blows ONLY from the drivers side vents when driving - and this is not consistent. I've had a mechanic check this problem and without spending more money or effort, I would appreciate some input from experts on this forum. He is what has been done so far:
1. Radiator flushed and burped to remove air and bleeder screw adjusted. This makes HOT air (HEAT) comes only from the drivers side vents when maintaining the RPM ~2, but when idling, no HEAT. All other vents continue to blow COLD air, even when RPM at ~2. Yes, both dual controls are set to 90 degrees, the max.
2. Changed the thermostat with an OEM part. No luck.
3. Checked all fuses. No issues.
4. Checked and even replaced one of the actuators - blend door motors. They are work fine. Replaced the climate control blend door motor to see if it made difference, and it did not.
5. I have been told that the only option is the HEATER CORE and that should be replaced. But I don't understand because it does not seem to be clogged. We flushed several times (reverse pressure in the in/out hoses, with limited debris coming out), and the driver side vents give out heat when we burp the system more and more, but not any of the other vents, they continue to blow cold air.
6. The blower motor blows strongly, no issue.

Could it be an electrical issue?

HELP PLEASE!!
Old 01-03-2018, 01:19 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Replied to your other 2 threads.