D.I.Y. 05-07 Gauge Cluster Disassembly - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • D.I.Y. 05-07 Gauge Cluster Disassembly

D.I.Y. 05-07 Gauge Cluster Disassembly

Old 06-23-2011, 01:38 AM
D.I.Y. 05-07 Gauge Cluster Disassembly

Couldn't post in DIY section.

First off,

***I am not responsible if you eff up your car. Undertake this DIY at your own risk. I've done this before and know what I'm doing, you may not. Please read all steps before starting anything. If you find anything you are not able to do, do NOT do this DIY.This was your warning!!!!!***

Now on to the DIY.

There are a few diy's already for removing the cluster so I will skip that part

Cluster Removal
That is for an 03-04, should be the same roughly, I have an 04 so if someone with an 05-07 could chime in and let me know if this is the same for those years that would be awesome.

First we have our lovely cluster, in this case we have a 2006 cluster for a 6MT. I have already taken this cluster apart prior to the DIY pictures, wanted to focus on taking it apart rather than pics are first.

So lovely, first thing you will notice, is the 8 clips (4 bottom, 1 each side and 2 top) These need to be gently pulled out and the glass lid pulled off. We now have this.

THIS IS THE HARDEST PART OF TAKING IT APART!!!!!

Get 2 spoons from kitchen, ignore questions about why from mother, father, sister, girlfriend boyfriend, etc. about why you need them, you just do. We have to remove the needles for the gauges, take the 2 spoons and use them as small pry bars on either side of the needle like so.

Be sure to apply even pressure to both sides of the needle. It will pop off with a SMALL amount of force. Now you just have to lightly (this is a common trend, be gentle with this whole thing) pull on the gauge faces, any screens (odometer and if an AT, the display for that) Will need a little bit of wiggling to get out. Now you have this.

This white part is only held in with 4 screws (the 03-04 gauges had 7 or 8) These 2...

and then 2 of the other side, same spots, can't miss them.

Now you are left with this lovely view

Simply place hand over the front of the PCB (Printed circuit board) and tilt cluster upside down to remove. Now you have a fully disassembled gauge cluster.

From here you can do a few things.

LED Swap: <link>
03-04 cluster conversion: <link>
Repair of some sort
etc.

Hope you all found this as informative as I meant it to be.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shakuya88 For This Useful Post:
datbeans (08-20-2011), sTeadFasT96 (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011, 02:40 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Great post, but probably belongs in the "Interior" section more than this one.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Great write up!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
Great post, but probably belongs in the "Interior" section more than this one.
I tried to put it in the DIY section but it didn't let me So I thought it's electronics, interior to me is like seats and dash parts.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Excellent DIY write up.