STS Remote-Mount Turbo Intro Price. - Page 5 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • STS Remote-Mount Turbo Intro Price.

STS Remote-Mount Turbo Intro Price.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2004
I think this is cowardly. Kind of like a professional light weight MMA figther picking fights with some regular Joe on the street who in fact might be bigger than him. The regular Joe wouldn't know that he is a professional MMA fighter, but thinking because he is smaller he could probably kick his ****....AND then gets his **** royally kicked into next week by the MMA fighter. Why would you want to race someone you know you can beat? Pick on someone your own size. Match the cars up evenly and leave it up the the drivers.

Just my $0.02

I completely understand your point, and it is valid.

However, police and military use deception and trickery everyday to accomplish their missions or kill the bad guy. Nothing wrong with a little sneaky sneaky.

Besides, if somebody is willing to race for money, then they obviously think they have something better than my car anyway and THEY certainly wouldn't tell me about it.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Just a quick question. Do you think this is lowered car friendly? Also, the area I live in tends to rain almost every other day at least. Seeing that it's exposed to the elements how do you think it'll hold up to rust and what not? After hearing this turbo I'm starting to think greddy TT is not for me haha. After all I just want to hit 350ish hp to the wheels.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:56 PM
I can't say form experience yet, but from what I've been told you should not have a problem with the elements (weather).
Old 08-09-2007, 05:11 PM
rupromenergo.ru Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenG
/\ This can be done since most of the LS1 kit don't even have FMIC but most of them also running on low boost (only 4-6PSI only). There are other option like water-air IC or water/meth combo can all help.

My shop does some crazy things and here's one of their product.

RIPP Boost Cooler Digital Methanol/Water Injection System

50% water? is that good for the intake? i thought humidity/moisture was bad.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spG
Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Thanks to AthensG and Vernon STS for all the info. For the price and what the kit comes with, I just could not resist. I didnít plan on getting boost for at least another six months or longer (financial reasons).

I plan on installing this kit myself, it seems pretty straight forward (if you are somewhat mechanical inclined). Is there anything else I should know or get before I install? Also what other mods do you have?

DOMO
Good for you!!! I'm telling just the sound alone you will like it. The sound get better after the Turbo is well broken-in.

Another advice is follow the instruction especially the Oil Return Line. One of the tester had problem with leaking oil from the turbo when the car is turned off and parked on an incline (front facing up), this was because the installer didn't follow the direction and decided to route the Oil Return Line on different route.

EDIT: Forgot about the MODS

pretty much all of us are all stock except for some who has MREV+ (Me) or Spacers, there is one guy in my350z that is going to get the kit and have Sharif tune it so stay tuned. Also he has Testpipe and Y-pipe so that will give us right away if freeing up the exhaust will help us with the spool....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak808
Just a quick question. Do you think this is lowered car friendly? Also, the area I live in tends to rain almost every other day at least. Seeing that it's exposed to the elements how do you think it'll hold up to rust and what not? After hearing this turbo I'm starting to think greddy TT is not for me haha. After all I just want to hit 350ish hp to the wheels.

Both us NYC tester are lowered and that is the reason why they provided us with the new relocated pipe other than that no problem. kinda coincidental that me and the other tester picked up our car and go caught in a HEAVY RAIN on both different day. We got tested right away and I'm happy to say that we are all OK. I literally had to drive on the Freeway with puddle of water some as high as 1/2 -3/4 inch on the free way and no problem. You really have to be under water for the filter to suck some water and go through the turbo and all the pipes then to the Intercooler and back in the engine. All pipes are jet-hot coated and rust proof, had mine driven on rain and not a single rust on the pipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmir41500
50% water? is that good for the intake? i thought humidity/moisture was bad.
They use distilled water, that is pretty standard. There are other kits out there, and you can check this thread.

ppphhhwww, finished

Last edited by FI'ed G; 08-09-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:09 PM
thanks for the input. I just can't get over how sick that turbo spool sound is. Please update us on how it holds up and any problems you run into in the future (Not that i'm wishing that you do though).
Old 08-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Since STS is like 30 mins from me I got a quote of $6200 out the door and thats the whole kit, installed, and tuned.....what do you guys think?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital1986
Since STS is like 30 mins from me I got a quote of $6200 out the door and thats the whole kit, installed, and tuned.....what do you guys think?

The price that they are giving is 5500 + 150 shipping so I think that is very cheap with install and Full tune!! Not to mention having Rick himself by your side.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:19 PM
rupromenergo.ru Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital1986
that's a sweet deal including dyno tuning.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:38 PM
The kit comes with the UTECH tuned up to 10psi (not recomeded to go past 8psi).
Old 08-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spG
The kit comes with the UTECH tuned up to 10psi (not recomeded to go past 8psi).

Yes Utec is tuned up to 10 PSI just in case if there is overboost
Old 08-10-2007, 01:34 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I want to do this so bad its just that is a **** load of money not to mention I would want/need to get a car for the winter coming
Old 08-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Sweet!!! I get to meet with Freddy and go over pricing and some general info!
Old 08-11-2007, 04:54 PM
this looks like the way to go for a daily driver. please let us know if there are any other drawbacks or nuances as you continue to use this setup. thank you for all the great info on it.

i was hooked on these when horsepower tv installed one on a new corvette convertible and made like 565 at the wheels.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:07 AM
well, just curious. if any of you are familiar with twin charging, i think this should be an interesting set up to go with. probably not the best idea for those looking to stay under 10 grand tho. but mating this kit to a stillen supercharger seems like something i may be willing to do, if possible. i have the stillen stage 1 right now. this way i have low end and top.