Nismo G Engine Build - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Nismo G Engine Build

Nismo G Engine Build

Old 01-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Nismo G Engine Build

To give you a bit of history i previously owned a 2003 G coupe. It was an automatic so as much as i wanted a boosted it i just didn't feel right boosting an automatic. Finally sold it and just recently picked up another 2003, but this time a 6speed. So i have been dying to build a motor and boost it.

I ended up doing a motor swap on a buddies G35 and he let me keep the motor in exchange for the swap. I don't have much time to work on it since i am still in college and work full time as well so i am doing a little bit every couple nights. So i figured i would start a thread with the progress of the motor build.

The motor is going to have a fully built bottom end (main and rod bearings, head and main studs, pistons, rods, and balanced). I am still debating on the heads, since i really am not aiming for huge HP numbers (450-500whp) i think i can save a couple grand by leaving the heads stock. I am pretty open to suggestions so if you have any ideas or tips that are helpful i would appreciate it!

I will keep this post updated with pictures as i go and also post them through out the thread...sorry for the iphone pictures

The engine on the stand before it gets ripped apart.

Took the pulleys and valve cover off

Took the oil pan, crank and outer timing cover off

Old 02-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Little update. Finally got some school work out of the way and had some time to play. Got the rear timing chain cover, cam brackets, and cams off.

Got a little something in the mail
Old 02-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Nice, subscribed.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Canada, eh?
Nice job. Why Turbonetics? Besides stillen from what I've seen it's the worst FI for a built motor.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:13 PM
Subscribed
Old 02-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
Nice job. Why Turbonetics? Besides stillen from what I've seen it's the worst FI for a built motor.
Saved a few grand by going with a single. If i do end up looking for an upgrade i will look into a GTK turbo later down the road. Like i said before though I'm not really going for huge numbers. I just want to build something that is quick for the street and i know can handle the power without blowing the bottom end out.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:39 PM
i thought u were going NA??? Now you're just goin BEAST MODE
Old 02-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj codeman View Post
i thought u were going NA??? Now you're just goin BEAST MODE
lol yeah i have a hard time making up my mind.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:31 PM
subscribed
Old 02-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Some more progress. The heads and upper oil pan are off. Pistons and rods are out.