Innovate LC-1 wideband - install tips - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Innovate LC-1 wideband - install tips

Innovate LC-1 wideband - install tips

Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Innovate LC-1 wideband - install tips

Hi guys I just bought an lc-1 and wanted to install it this next weekend and do some datalogs with my cobb accessport but before I go thru the install process I wanna hear where did you placed the lc-1 programmer module ? was it inside of the car or in the engine bay. If it was inside the car where did you route the cabling? I already have the o2 bungs welded to my HFC's and know the procedure to calibrate the wideband, I am just looking at suggestions before I start running wires and actually installing everything. I will keep my OEM o2 sensors btw.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Sell it and buy a better one.....I have had terrible luck with the LC-1 my first one lasted two weeks then quit i sent it back for warranty the car was not running for about a year when I got it running the new LC-1 lasted 3 days and quit. I bought two more of them one for each bank one lasted 4 months and the other one is still running. IMO they are junk and they were installed by 3 different people and in different spots. The best spot I have seen is with the controlled behind the fender plastic. Mine right now are on the steering rack and before I had the one under the hood and heat wrapped.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I've used 4 different lc-1 units on 4 different cars with great success. I have the module stuffed in the battery compartment. Proper install and use will dictate longevity.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:32 PM
, ok so you routed the cable thru the hole behind the battery and into the inside of the vehicle.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Yes.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:29 PM
question: what would cause an Innovate to flux then disply no number? I seem to be haven this issue..
Old 02-09-2011, 12:38 AM
Is the number sticking?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyperZ View Post
Proper install and use will dictate longevity.
I use mine as a hammer Tons of threads on the failures with this unit, they are hit or miss some work and last for a long time others crap out in no time
Old 02-12-2011, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyperZ View Post
Is the number sticking?
it was, but then when i replaced my car batt, the numbers started moving again whats going on there..
Old 02-12-2011, 11:51 AM
What number? 7.4 or 21? Did you install the red LED and cal button? Do you allow the sensor to warm up before starting the car? Did you the heater and free air cal right? Can you open logworks or LM programmer? Are you getting any Errors?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by citymunky View Post
What number? 7.4 or 21? Did you install the red LED and cal button? Do you allow the sensor to warm up before starting the car? Did you the heater and free air cal right? Can you open logworks or LM programmer? Are you getting any Errors?
it was stayin in the 21 range then afterwards you wouldn't see any numbers.. i dont know about the other questions you are asking about? isn't th ecal button on the gauge itself? And yes i was allowing my car to warm up due to the cold weather..
Old 02-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Former rupromenergo.ru Vendor
^^ you need to calibrate your sensor again. Sounds like it is reading wrong and therefore cant display #'s.

To the OP - I installed my LC-1 through the hole in the firewall where the steering column goes through. It sits above the plastic cover piece underneath the steering column. I kept it all this side due to the XD-16 gauge I use and since I mounted the wideband on bank 2 (drivers side) it allowed for better placement of the wires.

Last edited by Tollboothwilley; 02-13-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyqueenz View Post
it was stayin in the 21 range then afterwards you wouldn't see any numbers.. i dont know about the other questions you are asking about? isn't th ecal button on the gauge itself? And yes i was allowing my car to warm up due to the cold weather..
Do you have the XD-16 gauge or DB gauge?

I have the DB gauge in my Galant VR-4. So I have to install a LED that lets me know the sensor is warmed up BEFORE starting the car. If you just start and go the sensor will read 4.9volt-5volts and display 21. I would re-do both calibration (Heater and Free-Air)

Also you do now what LMprogrammer is? Or Logworks? It the software that comes with the LC-1. You use LMprogrammer to program the LC-1. Logworks is a datalogger for the LC-1 or LM-1.

Head over to and go the the forums and download the LC-1 Manual.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Ok guys got it installed and working!

Here's my take on the installation. I installed it on the drivers side HFC before the cat, it is not replacing the oem sensor. Routed the cables and controller thru the empty space right below the windshield. The cables went straight thru the passenger side big groomet behind the battery. I used the switched power from the cigarrete lighter with a wire tap on. There is no issue there because the lc-1 just needs a 5A current and I don't even use that port. After the calibration and setting it up I plugged it to my laptop and got it to datalog A/F ratio with my cobb tuning race software . So far I am running stage 2+ and on a road pull in 3rd from 1000 rpms I got mid 12's lowering as you increase rpm and right before the limiter 11.9, I tried the stage 2 and it was seeing some high 13 numbers so I am better running 12's. After I install my GTR exhaust I will dyno the car. So far the unit is very easy to program and install will recommend. I also got it for 139 with free shipping.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Did you install a in-line fuse like you are suppose to?