Turbonetics Rebuild Needed - DIY or Send it Away? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Turbonetics Rebuild Needed - DIY or Send it Away?

Turbonetics Rebuild Needed - DIY or Send it Away?

Old 08-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Turbonetics Rebuild Needed - DIY or Send it Away?

I've got a lot of blue-ish tinted smoke mostly when shifting gears and when I let of the gas pedal during mid to higher RPM; acceleration doesn't appear to have any.

The question I'm wondering is who did you guys send your turbonetics turbo off to get rebuilt and balanced? Thinking about doing myself, but the re-balancing part has me worried,

Thanks
Old 08-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Neither, get rid of it ASAP and get a Garrett or Precision turbo. You will end up rebuilding the Turbonetics many times if you keep it.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm not arguing that, I know the seals keep going.. but 1100 vs 250, I'm going to go with the rebuild for now as I don't even know how much more patience I can have with this vehicle and might end up selling it down the road shortly.

Anyone know where I can by the kit or where I can send it away too? I can only seem to find the big shaft kit?!

Thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 05:50 PM
I have had really good luck with Turbonetics turbos for years both on street and full race applications with out any issues, make sure your return line is working properly and is of adequate size.

During rebuilding of a turbo it becomes crucial for re-balancing being they are known to spin up to 150,000 rpm and any imperfection can cause catastrophic failure. Just send it back into Turbonetics for their assistance on having it properly rebuild.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BisimotoJulio View Post
I have had really good luck with Turbonetics turbos for years both on street and full race applications with out any issues, make sure your return line is working properly and is of adequate size.

During rebuilding of a turbo it becomes crucial for re-balancing being they are known to spin up to 150,000 rpm and any imperfection can cause catastrophic failure. Just send it back into Turbonetics for their assistance on having it properly rebuild.
How do I go about determining if my return line is working properly or not?

And sending it away does sound like a good idea.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:46 PM
havent even got my my turbonetics kit on and the first thing i did was buy a t4 borg warner s360 and those biatches are bullit proof....the turbonetics one is gonna sit on my table as a show peice lmao
Old 08-18-2012, 09:53 PM
Do you need to do any modification to the piping or does turbo replace directly?
Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Gotta weld a t4 flange and weld downpipe and make match but so worth it to dump a turbo people rebuild 4 times over
Old 08-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Same size turbo with same type of power gains at equal PSI, or more?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:35 PM
My turbo makes more power at lower psi because it is bigger....it will have slightly more lag but with that big motor getting it to turn is not hard.......correct me if Im wrong but wouldn't it be safer if I'm making more power at 6 psi then using a smaller turbo at 9 10 psi