Experience with Ray Catena Infiniti - Edison, NJ - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Experience with Ray Catena Infiniti - Edison, NJ

Experience with Ray Catena Infiniti - Edison, NJ

Old 01-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Experience with Ray Catena Infiniti - Edison, NJ

how many people bought their car at ray catena infiniti in edison, nj? what do you think of their service and professionalism?

bought my coupe from them in the beginning of december. dealt with grigory. i just broke in my engine and thinking about going in for an oil change to get rid of any metal shavings that may be in the oil now. he gave me a certificate for the first 3000k maintenance on infiniti when i bought the car. also told me no matter what the problem is when i come in for service, a loaner will be waiting for me as long as i make an appointment for the service.

so i call up service this morning and schedule for an oil change for this saturday and she said that loaners are not given out on saturdays. ok? i call back for grigory and he kinda flipped a lil bit on the phone about me changing my oil so early and should wait til 3000k. he also said always call him in the future for service and he'll help me.

so a few things maybe some of you have more experience with:

1. should i even bother with oil changes at the dealer? they charge about 45 a pop. or should i just go to a local oil change shop?

2. is it easy to get a loaner car from them? anybody have the loaner "promise" that they've given me?

3. personal experiences with ray catena infiniti in edison?

it was either ray catena or atlantic in LI or kings in brooklyn. heard bad things about atlantic and too far. kings is close but the dealership is cramped. hope i made the right choice!
Old 01-04-2007, 01:08 PM
kings sucks dont worry
Old 01-04-2007, 01:24 PM
I've never had a problem getting a loaner from Infiniti of Tampa. I have all my services there untill my warrenty is void which will be another two years I think.... I knew I was going to spend more in service then I was on my Honda so I am OK with paying the stealership for service. Now actual non-warrenty repair/service is another story...
Old 01-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I got mine from Ramsey Infiniti and they only loan cars for services other than oil changes. Oil changes are a "wait" service. I usually go in about 7:30AM or 8:00AM and am done by 8:30AM.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Ray catena is on and off but my over all is they are full of attitude. and I will not hesitate to find any other dealer to buy a car or do service in, even though they will act as if they are all about service. We bought a QX4 from back in the day, they were fine then, but after we went back for my G, they were quite incompetent, long story short, I had to go buy the car from this other dealership in PA myself, they could not get the car from this other dealership they said.

On the plus side, because they are such big dealership, you can always talk them down in price, even when they act like you can go some place else, they will call you back.

So back on topic, no they are no good as far as service.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:59 PM
There's also Infiniti in Bridgewater, NJ, but they are also Ray Catena. How about Bloomfield, NJ?
Old 01-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Another option, if it's just an oil change you need, is to go to a Nissan dealership (IMO, better than the run of the mill oil change places that try to get you to do other fluids that you may not need, nor want to trust them to do since it's best to use genuine Nissan products for some fluids, at least according to the Infiniti manual....).
Old 01-04-2007, 07:28 PM
I had to bring my car to millenium infiniti when my car got broken into. They took the car that day and gave me a loaner. I wasn't expecting a loaner bu they gave me one since they had one there
Old 01-04-2007, 08:48 PM
change your own oil...it makes sure that the job gets done with the good stuff....
Old 01-05-2007, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside
change your own oil...it makes sure that the job gets done with the good stuff....
i don't know but i heard infiniti warranty will void if you do not do all the maintenance that they require or recommend or something. and you need proof of the job done.

never heard of such warranty with other cars
Old 01-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Bought my G35X Holman Infinti/Jaguar in Egg Harbor TWP. The only stipulation regarding a loaner is I need to make the appointment about 2 weeks in advanced. I work very close to them so I just have a friend follow me over and return me to Holman when the service is done. This reminds me I need to make an appointment.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D
Old 01-05-2007, 07:23 PM
I brought my car in to Ray Catena in Edison on Rt. 1. I had them replace my Michelin Pilot Sports after I had a puncture in the D/S rear sidewall.

They were fast and courteous, but they did manage to scuff my one front rim. They fixed it, but it was an inconvenience.

Overall I was satisfied with their operation, However, I didn't need a loaner.

I know for sure they offer them in most cases.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:45 PM
I got 3200 miles on mine now, about to go take it in for that free service, anything else i should know?
Old 01-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Wats wrong with tha infiniti dealership in LI i believe the name of dealership is Atlantic Infiniti...has anyone here dealt with them yet??? Im thinkin about purchasing my g35 coupe from there........
Old 01-07-2007, 04:35 PM
Premier Member
1. should i even bother with oil changes at the dealer? they charge about 45 a pop. or should i just go to a local oil change shop?
Go local.

2. is it easy to get a loaner car from them? anybody have the loaner "promise" that they've given me?
Yes, no problem at all

3. personal experiences with ray catena infiniti in edison?
They won't work on an engine with a spacer.