Throwout Bearing Noise - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Throwout Bearing Noise

Throwout Bearing Noise

Old 08-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Throwout Bearing Noise

Wassup guys, Im fairly new on the board, and I recently bought my first G. 03.5 6MT Sedan.

I did a search, and I noticed a couple members posted up about this, but has anyone else had this problem with a noisy throwout bearing (at least thats what it sounds like to me).. when it is in neutral and your foot is NOT on the clutch pedal.

I notice its esp loud when you first start it up and it is cold.

Has anyone gotten this fixed under warranty?.... I have an appointment on Wed for the fuel line recall, and they are supposed to check out this noise problem as well... Just curious if I should be on the heads up with them not wanting to cover it under warranty.

btw.. this site is great, I have already found it quite helpful. keep up the work guys. I will be putting in my contributions as the work on my G continues.

Thanks In advance

Old 08-10-2008, 01:36 AM
They consider it a wear part and apparently the warranty doesn't cover it
Old 08-12-2008, 12:17 AM
i had my throwout bearing replaced for free under warranty... It took a while though... they kept saying nothing was wrong...
Old 08-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
i had my throwout bearing replaced for free under warranty... It took a while though... they kept saying nothing was wrong...
Yea I thought so. I can understand if the clutch/throw out bearing has 80,000k or something.. but my car only has 45,000km (almost 28,000 Miles)

theres no way it should be worn already.

Ill argue with them, I love the car, but there seems to be many little things (some not so little) problems that are common. *annoyed*
Old 08-13-2008, 01:08 PM
i have the same problem...03 6spd coupe with 55km on the clock I started heearing the noise at about 40km...
Old 08-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrikator
Yea I thought so. I can understand if the clutch/throw out bearing has 80,000k or something.. but my car only has 45,000km (almost 28,000 Miles)

theres no way it should be worn already.

Ill argue with them, I love the car, but there seems to be many little things (some not so little) problems that are common. *annoyed*
Yeah i had about 33,000 miles when it was replaced... Mine was worn out already though... i guess at every stop light i shouldnt hold the clutch to the floor so i can keep it in gear...
Old 08-13-2008, 05:19 PM
JKR, did you get your fixed under warranty?

I just dropped off my G to a local dealer to have the fuel line recall done, and they are going to check out the drivetrain noise at the same time.. so Ill see what they say, and post up when I find out more.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:23 PM
So the Infinity Dealer called me, and the fuel line is done, but they said the noise i complained about was NORMAL.

pretty damn loud normal noise imo. The tech even thought I had a knock when he first heard the car on idle.

oh well, they said it wasnt a problem, so Ill just keep driving it until its really F'ed, or I change the clutch/flywheel. Whatever comes first
Old 08-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have questions as well. How much does it cost to replace the throw out bearing? Also how can you tell it needs to be replaced? Also, would it be smart to replace the clutch the same time when the bearings are getting swapped out?
Thanks.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:10 PM
My throwout bearing has been making these noises since the first day I drove it off the lot in March 2003. It doesn't do any harm by making these noises, so if you can learn to ignore it, you'll be a lot happier. The noise in my car is really only noticeable when the transmission is in neutral and the clutch is out. If it happens under other circumstances for you, then you may have a different problem.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:23 PM
I had my the entire clutch tranny and bearing changed out due to all kinds of issues under warranty and with a month my throwout bearing was clacking away again. Its real easy to hear when your in a drivethrough at a fast food place.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGThing1227
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have questions as well. How much does it cost to replace the throw out bearing? Also how can you tell it needs to be replaced? Also, would it be smart to replace the clutch the same time when the bearings are getting swapped out?
Thanks.
The bearing itself isnt expensive, but the labor to change it is alot. It is usually changed the same time as the clutch, and normally you wouldnt HAVE to change it until the clutch needs replacing.

I believe the dealer will charge you roughly 6 hours. + parts.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Yea upon further research, it apparantly IS just the design of the clutch system that creates this noise.

and yea it is just when its in neutral.

As long as theres nothing wrong, I can learn to live with it.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrikator
The bearing itself isnt expensive, but the labor to change it is alot. It is usually changed the same time as the clutch, and normally you wouldnt HAVE to change it until the clutch needs replacing.

I believe the dealer will charge you roughly 6 hours. + parts.
Thanks man! I was just asking because I was curious about a high milage G35. If I change the clutch I'll change the bearings for precaution. Seems worth it to me. Glad you found what you wanted to see.
Thanks!