350GT and Skyline emblems - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 350GT and Skyline emblems

350GT and Skyline emblems

Old 06-27-2004, 07:27 PM
350GT and Skyline emblems

How many of you guys have the JDM symbols on your cars, and how easily is it to install? Do all the pegs from the G35 symbol line up with the ones on the 350GT? and what about the SKYLINE? because the skyline is 7 seperate letters while the infiniti is 8, will it require any filling or drilling of some sort? Or are they all stuck on using adhesives instead of pegs?

Old 06-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Re: 350GT and Skyline emblems

adhesives, no pegs.

Jeff - Look for me in the black G
2004.5 G35 Coupe
5AT / Black on Black / Premium / Splash
Old 06-27-2004, 10:15 PM
Banned

One thing to think about before you switch to JDM badging is how willing you are to explain why your car reads SKYLINE.

After my car was supercharged I felt it deserved the skyline name. I had removed all the rear G35 badges weeks before the s/c install, so after the install all I had to do was install the Nissan ones. I used a tapemeasure to find the center of the trunk, then marked it with a short piece of electrical tape. Then I installed the S K Y L I N E letters, two - three letters at a time. Next, using the same tape as a mark, I landed the NISSAN logo. The 350GT was very easy, since it lines up perfect with the trunk contour.

However, that night at a local cruise in, I explained to at least 100 people why my car read SKYLINE. It stirred up quite a lot of excitement, but not many people know about the JDM market.

Kevin

AIM: KPiersonTec
04 DG Coupe / VDC Memory
OEM Remote Window up mod
Procharged / Crawford / TS
Old 06-28-2004, 04:32 AM

I agree with KPierson everyone and there dead grandparents are gonna ask you why your car says "skyline" on the back. And most are gonna act like they know more about your car then you do by saying "It's not a real skyline thats soo ricey" or "It doesn't have AWD so it's not a real skyline" or " it doesn't have the power of a real skyline like the one in japan " most people don't know that there is more then one skyline and that we infact have the same car as the one in Japan with the 350GT name. It's the most asked question I get these day's. Anyway I just lined up the templates that I got with the emblems and slaped them on there. very easy and I also just lined up the "L" with the center of the infiniti logo.

Old 06-28-2004, 08:21 AM
Banned

I usually get weird looks with my Chrysler that now is rebadged to a Mercedes. It s the same company - so whats the difference.

Leave it as an Infiniti!! If you want a Skyline - move to another country.

04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf RSG CC
2004 Pathfinder for the family
Old 06-28-2004, 08:42 AM

uh...i am not moving to another country...and i don't wanna leave it as infiniti...so you can just bite me?..stupid *** sarcasm

Old 06-28-2004, 10:32 AM

I agree with your point of re-badging because of a reason....you increased hp and thus deserved the name change. Btw, where did you guys get the Skyline JDM badges?

Thanks.

Old 06-28-2004, 11:42 PM

It IS a SKYLINE. There are several models of the SKYLINE which ranges from 2-doors to 4-doors (as seen in the R34 generation) and comes in either RWD or AWD, and of course the AWD Twin Turbo GT-R version just happens to be the most renoun of the bunch. Those who disagree can look that up on the Nissan Japan website. And if you have to explain when asked about the SKYLINE deal, just tell them it is called a SKYLINE in Japan and that you just want your car to look more JDM. Because both the USDM and JDM models are completely the same design and model, minus the INFINITI clock and emblems. It's not like you're rebadging a Kia with a Lamborghini emblem. (I wouldn't even want to remotely think about defending that one.....LOL)

About the SKYLINE and 350GT badges themselves, they are secured by double-sided foam adhesive tape, which can be removed by a heat gun (or hair dryer) and dental floss. Application of the SKYLINE badge should be applied with the blue foam template that it comes pre-packaged with. At first, the letters seem not to line up perfectly horizontal, but it is NOT supposed to. It is supposed to gradually curve with the shape of the trunk lid. You will see when you compare it with the INFINITI emblem. I placed a piece of masking tape under the word INFINITI and marked the 2 ends before I attempted to remove the letters one by one. If you line up the tape exactly horizontal, you should get a 1/4" difference from the bottom of the word to both outer edges. The word SKYLINE is exactly the same length as INFINITI. Why? Because there are 4 "I's" in INFINITI which slims down the width of the word. As mentioned, the 350GT is really easy to line up as the template forms to the shape of the trunk lid.

I ordered mine from Jason at Performance Nissan.

Good luck.

G35C 6MT BS/G - Z Tube/Popcharger/AL Pedals/Clear Corners/Skyline 350GT badging
A chick who can drive stick is OK in my books!
Old 06-29-2004, 12:33 AM
Cali Event Coordinator

I am in the process of completeing my "JDM" style emblems...So far I have the 350GT emblem and SKYLINE badging and a NISMO frame on my plates...I have the rear "NISSAN" badge...and waiting for my "NISSAN" emblem for the front grille...Here's a few pics to "PROVE" that our car is called a SKYLINE...

I tell people...our car in JAPAN is called a 350GT SKYLINE.
They just look at me and go wow...nice ride!

They even ask me if I had the car imported...I'm like sure from the INFINITI DEALERSHIP...LOL

It's all in good fun...ya know!

PIC 1

BoBs =) - San Francisco

Old 06-29-2004, 12:34 AM
Cali Event Coordinator

Pic 2

Old 06-29-2004, 12:35 AM
Cali Event Coordinator

PIC 3

Old 06-29-2004, 01:42 AM

How do you remove the G35 emblem? Could you heat it up with a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive? Or do you use something like Goo Gone to loosen? Or just carefully pry it off? Please advise.

Old 06-29-2004, 01:46 AM
Cali Event Coordinator

There's a lot of previous posts if you do a search!

However, I used "FISHING WIRE"...the INIFINITI and G35 emblems were easy....the INFINITI logo on the rear trunk lid was a b***h to take off....

I had to double and tripple up the fishing wire...and had to yank it really hard from the trunk...DO NOT USE A FLATHEAD SCREWDRIVER....

Wash the car or wet it down in the emblem area...soap it down so that it'll lossen the gunk...Clean off the gunk by peeling it off...When your done...WAX the area that you peeled the emblems off...APPLY the emblems...and do not wash the trunk or emblem area for at least a day...

good luck.

bobs =)

Old 06-29-2004, 09:01 PM

i get alot of people asking me about why i changed my emblems,i always hear this one."why did you downgrade your car with the nissan emblems?" i dont understand how its a downgrade?its a nissan every else in the world so its a nissan here.

04' G35 coupe,Diamond Graphite,6mt,Navi,Premium,No aero (to common on 6mt,imo)