Who here uses Duralast brake pads? - Page 2 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Who here uses Duralast brake pads?

Who here uses Duralast brake pads?

Old 06-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uf20wop View Post
project mu ftw
That's what I have on my Brembo calipers/rotors.... works awesome.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Dude, i use duralast on my dd, 91 accord and they held up pretty good about a year but no way would i put those on the G, the G is a finely tuned machine thats need sufficient stopping power, its a heavy *** car, you can feel that by opening the doors. Leave Duralast at the store, but if stopping aint your bag then by all means have at it!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks everyone for your inputs!!

I replaced my pads a few days ago with Duralast Gold CMAX pads. I wish I could post a picture of the old pads, I don't think I have ever seen pads that were worn down so bad.

So far the Cmax pads are very good and I am satisfied with the performance. Very smooth when coming to a stop, compared with the OEM's that were used.

As for the dust, I will not know until it stops raining here.

So far the pads are performing excellent in wet weather and changing the pads out was VERY EASY...(coming from someone who has never done pad change) I probably could of easily changed the rotors also.

I highly recommend Duralast Gold CMAX.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickassg35 View Post
you got a g35 right? So don't turn in to those 240 or honda guys, buying parts at auto zone. Hawks hawks hawks hawks hawks
+1 :jamin:
Old 06-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk997 View Post
Thanks everyone for your inputs!!

I replaced my pads a few days ago with Duralast Gold CMAX pads. I wish I could post a picture of the old pads, I don't think I have ever seen pads that were worn down so bad.

So far the Cmax pads are very good and I am satisfied with the performance. Very smooth when coming to a stop, compared with the OEM's that were used.

As for the dust, I will not know until it stops raining here.

So far the pads are performing excellent in wet weather and changing the pads out was VERY EASY...(coming from someone who has never done pad change) I probably could of easily changed the rotors also.

I highly recommend Duralast Gold CMAX.
I'd wait a few months before recommending them. It's extremely naive to base your analysis of the pads on their initial performance only.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyman66 View Post
I'd wait a few months before recommending them. It's extremely naive to base your analysis of the pads on their initial performance only.
True!

I will keep an update how these pads hold up within a month or two.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Wow i just put in my Duralast Gold CMAX pads today. The reason Y i chose the duralast is because they give you a lifetime warranty. Meaning i will never pay for pads again. Just take em off n return the to autozone for new ones. I thought we wanted to save money for quality things? not spend more money? i dont understand this at all. Ima give it two weeks and see if i noticed any "cheapness" as u guys might say. P.s. i used to own a Honda also
Old 06-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dablakbradpitt View Post
Wow i just put in my Duralast Gold CMAX pads today. The reason Y i chose the duralast is because they give you a lifetime warranty. Meaning i will never pay for pads again. Just take em off n return the to autozone for new ones. I thought we wanted to save money for quality things? not spend more money? i dont understand this at all. Ima give it two weeks and see if i noticed any "cheapness" as u guys might say. P.s. i used to own a Honda also
One thing to consider is that some pads eat rotors faster than others as well as contributing to rotor warping(particularly the very hard/long-lasting pads). If the pads screw up your rotors, quality rotors will usually cost quite a bit more than a set of brake pads to replace.

Just something to keep in mind!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:40 AM
I bought duralast gold for the front just for kicks to see how it would work, but then i became to lazy to put them in because the my original pads the day it came out of the dealership looked like the day the car drove off the lot(86k miles later). So if anybody would like to buy mine since i dont have a G anymore.$50 take it or leave it, and thats shipped.