G35 coupe vs Genesis coupe - Page 8 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • G35 coupe vs Genesis coupe

G35 coupe vs Genesis coupe

Old 05-09-2011, 04:34 PM
are u seriously comparing our g35"s to a freakking Hyundai ?
i dont care if its their best car its a hyundai compare hyundai cars with kia"s or some other crap brand
later
Old 05-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Just saw a Genesis coupe with nice big red Brembo calipers. Looked at my G with OEM brakes. Jealous.

I love my car but performance wise, build wise, and basically everything wise the Genesis is probably a better car. I don't feel bad about it though, I mean the Genesis came out a good 7 years after the G35 and is competing in the same segment so it'd be a sham if it wasn't better in every way. I still like my G35 a lot and with only 27k on the clock I hopefully still have many years with it.

G35 owners in this thread bashing the Genesis coupe because it's a Hyundai need to start living in the real world.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:06 PM
^^^ to this guy
our g35 shouldn't b compared to the 2.0 cause its a 2.0 lol, now the more expensive version of the genesis is compared by alllot of car sites to the g37 in looks and overall power, but dont b comparing the 2.0 turbo to our cars i mean common take out the turbo and what does it have nothing, our cars have 298 hp with out turbo and thats pretty dam good, thats how i look at it
Old 05-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Banned
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_fan View Post
^^^ to this guy
our g35 shouldn't b compared to the 2.0 cause its a 2.0 lol, now the more expensive version of the genesis is compared by alllot of car sites to the g37 in looks and overall power, but dont b comparing the 2.0 turbo to our cars i mean common take out the turbo and what does it have nothing, our cars have 298 hp with out turbo and thats pretty dam good, thats how i look at it
Our G35 has over 450 TSB. A Genesis has about 20.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbanboy View Post
You are such a fking idiot man.wait 2 more years and you will see all the recalls you are going to have from this Hyundai piece of **** car bro never compare a Japanese car with an American production car...there is not way....this threat is pointless.....the day this people start making their own **** them i won't say a thing... go get a genesis from 2011 and i beat you my 06 g35 will least more than your genesis....
Tell ya what "bro," learn to spell and structure a sentence and then talk to me or hit puberty first. Come to think of it, do your parents know you're on their computer? Your grammar is right up to par with your knowledge of Hyundai's. Keep up the solid work.....bro.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Wait i think you can't answer that question because all of them are slow.....DON'T WORRY THEY WILL HAVE NEXT YEAR THE NEW........GENESIS GTR TWIN TURBO WITH 340 HORSEPOWER...I BRAND SPEAK BY IT SELF.....YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DOING? IS TRYING TO COPY THE BEST TO SEE IF THEY CAN GET UP THERE.....FOR THAT WILL TAKE THEM DECADES....Remenber G35 is from Japan no China or Korea....is like this fellow said now is Hyundai later KIA, we may see a ford focus in 2013....
Old 05-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Uhmm this is getting a little ridiculous, mods ?
Old 05-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers View Post
Our G35 has over 450 TSB. A Genesis has about 20.
Hahahahahahaha okay.

Tell me where you found 450+ TSBs for the Infiniti G35 Coupes. AFAIK there are 20-30 TSBs for the G35 Coupes (non redundant; e.g. an airbag recall for 2003-2007 models isn't five TSBs, it's one because it falls under the same TSB number). For being on the road eight years and counting, that's not too shabby at all.

On the other hand, the Genesis Coupe has been out for... What, two years? They already have over half the TSBs of what the G35 Coupes have (15ish).

Sure, Infiniti has problems with their cars. So does Mercedes. So does Audi.. So does BMW.... So does Lexus... So does............... Ya get it? And sure, some of the dealerships treat customers like crap.. But same story goes for any other car dealer out there. Depending on where you go, you'll get *******s, but you'll also get the great dealers who do anything in their power to remedy the issues and satisfy the customer.

And one more point: Yes, Infiniti has some major problems with some of their cars, but for the most part (and I assume many here agree), these problems are small enough and/or there are fixes that allow the owners to look past them and accept the car for what it is. There will be people who hate it and can't handle the problems. And there will be certain cars that will have major problems from the day it rolled out of the factory to the day it lands in a crusher. But again, allllllllllllll makers will have a car like that out of the bunch. The runt... The lemon... The ugly duckling. You got one of them. Bad luck - sucks to be you. I hope that happens to you again, not because you spite the car since you're entitled to your opinion, but because you make everyone else who loves the car feel like idiots because of YOUR miserable experience.

Infiniti(Nissan) > Hyundai all day, every day. Sure, the GenCoupe is cheap and looks great on paper, but that's about it. Cheap, and it looks great on paper. They look pretty nice, but if you ever drive one, you'll know it does nottttt live up to the hype. If G35s feel like pigs, Genesis Coupes feel like elephants.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:53 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,232 Times in 996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmesidewayz View Post
Uhmm this is getting a little ridiculous, mods ?
Shouldn't take long for something to happen.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Bumpin this thread to hate on some Hyundais. Those things just look cheap. It's like a fake Gucci suit. Just lookin like its from JC Penney and sheeeit. Haha
Old 01-23-2014, 11:33 PM
lmao
Old 01-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe View Post
Sorry...but the majority of Hyundais sold in the US are built right here in the US. As a matter of fact the Hyundai Genesis is built in the state that I live in and that would be Alabama.
After the bubble burst in 2009 and market decline, Hyundai was the one and only car manufacturer in the US not to lay off any workers.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:05 PM
I currently own both a 2004 G35 Coupe MT6 and a 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition with 6-speed. Both bought new. The G was $36k with every option except the body side moulding and the Genesis was $27k (everything including Brembos but nav) and was $27k (we closed the dealership New Years Eve).

The G is mine and the Genesis is my wife's. The G has less than 70k miles and the Genesis has around 20k. The Genesis is 100% stock (even the original tires) while the G has Tein H-tech springs and aftermarket staggered 19s with replacement rubber.

Personally, I like the G more but that may be more familiarity than anything else. My wife, my 23year old (who raced sprint cars and ran 3 days in a Formula TR at Portland Intl) and my 19 year old (who drives like he is in a Camry) all like the Genesis more.

Some thoughts:
  • The Genesis chassis is incredibly stiff. The G's floppy in comparison
  • The Genesis clutch is hard for me to be smooth. The G's is effortless.
  • The Genesis seats are hard and uncomfortable after a while.
  • The Genesis interior (dash, door panels) is of much higher quality than the Gs.
  • The Genesis seat leather is cheaper than the Gs
  • The G interior is falling apart with the back seat panels falling off and the driver seat bottom leather tearing on the side. The Genesis looks showroom new.
  • The G's power door activators are failing.
  • The Genesis seats are higher than the Gs.
  • The Genesis feels bigger to me than the G.
  • The G's shifter is almost Mazda good. The Genesis not as precise.
  • The Genesis exhaust sounds good. The G's is so beautiful rolling down the windows in tunnels or covered garages is required, even when freezing out.
  • The G's a/c rocks. The Genesis struggles with TX summers.
  • The Genesis headlights have small stress cracks in the plastic. Expect they'll be warrantied but seemed too early. The G's exterior has held up very well except for the one molecule thick paint on the front bumper.

They are both nice - yet imperfect - cars. In my mind Hyundai patterned the Genesis after the G, but that's a compliment. My diamond graphite G looks premium while the Genesis looks very youthful and energetic in red. The Genesis was $10k less but delivers a comparable experience. The Genesis was as they say "Good value for money".

The G is a great car and except for maybe an Audi S5 or a CTS-V coupe, there havent been any new cars introduced since 2004 that would cause me to replace the G.

Sorry, but no fanboi or hater mindless rants, just boring real world experience and observations of someone who actually owns both.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vrracing For This Useful Post:
G_zus (01-24-2014), Tukeeg35 (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 03:54 PM
I still find it funny when people compare a newer cars with the older better cars...
when I had the m3, people always tried to compare their 2012 to a 2001 m3...what's the point??? where were those cars when the m3 runs the street in 1997, or 2001?
I mean, of course the genesis is good NOW compare to a 2007 g35
Old 01-24-2014, 04:57 PM
^^ good point. I used to hate on Genesis, you can find my posts if u look far back lol. The truth is, they're not bad cars. If I see a stanced out Genesis, I will be like damm. but if someone was to try to tell me that a genesis is a better car than a g37, I would say hell no. Nissan/Infiniti is a great company which has proved its ability to create great cars like the Skyline, and the new GTR. They're trucks and other sedans are also well made. Hyundai has nothing on the past, present, and future of Nissan. Infiniti is a luxury brand, which doesn't really express that well enough with the g35. Although, the newer G37 is better, and the newest model, the Q50 is killing the competition. The older Infinitis are amazing too like the q45. I love that car.

My opinion would be that Nissan/Infinitis are better built cars overall. I have 185,000 mi on my coupe and I dont even have an engine light. My biggest repair was re-greasing the rear axles (common issue), so from experience, I can say GREAT QUALITY.
THIS IS JUST MY OPINION