Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • How to Test MAF Sensor

How to Test MAF Sensor

Old 09-21-2010, 04:28 PM
How to Test MAF Sensor

Hello all,

After replacing spark plugs my car is running incredibly rough. After lots of troubleshooting and testing different things I think I have narrowed it down and its actually not a spark plug problem and it is actually the MAF sensor.

OBD II Sensor displays the following codes:

P0102 (MAF Sensor)
P0113 (IAT High Temperature Circuit)

I have already reset the ECU

Is there a way to test the MAF sensor to see if it needs to be cleaned vs replaced? It's running very rough and you can smell unburnt fuel so I think it is more than just a cleaning. I am concerned that the harness actually might have been damaged while I was doing the spark plug change. I'm not too good with a multimeter although I do have one. Can someone describe to me in detail a step by step process on how to check the continuity of the wires? Also how to check MAF sensor to see if it is working or if maybe I am misdiagnosing?
Old 09-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Get CRC MAS cleaner from automotive store and clean it. Also try to reset your throttle body position sensor. This is a separate procedure than the ECU reset.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Yea I did both, I'm concerned tho about the harnessi think too much strain got on one of the wires while moving it around.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS[Texas]: 2008 Audi s5, supercharged, water/meth injection Mad A Not G35 Related 4 12-08-2015 01:45 PM
car died and started again? AT23 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 2 09-15-2015 07:44 PM
Not sure what's wrong. Doesn't run... n2fooz Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction 0 09-04-2015 07:46 PM
Oil leaks from multiple locations UT G35 General Tech Questions 6 09-03-2015 03:58 PM

air, airflow, bad, censor, check, cleaning, continuity, flow, g35, maf, mass, omtale, plug, sensor, test
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: