Good Infiniti mechanic shop in SF bay area? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Good Infiniti mechanic shop in SF bay area?

Good Infiniti mechanic shop in SF bay area?

Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Good Infiniti mechanic shop in SF bay area?

Hi there,
My car's extended warranty is going to be over soon and I am having a diliemma weather I should keep it after that or not. I really like the car and am comfortable driving it loner, but there have been many problems since I bought it 4 years ago. I was lucky I bought the extended warranty as it covered a new engine, airbag module and sensor, car seat track, multiple window rotors and door actuatots as well as bushes and audio head units! Now I feel bad getting rid of the car with a new engine, but have concerns that the problems might come back, and be costly!
What do you guys think? And if I decide to keep it, I wouldn't take it to the dealership anymore so I would need a good mechanic with reasonable price. Anyone knows one in San Francisco bay area?
Thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 02:36 AM
How many miles on the car? Have you been keeping up with the maintenance?

All in all, with those problems that you mentioned already fixed through the warranty, I think it's a good car to keep as long as you keep up with the maintenance.

And there's a guy on the forums who goes by "bythabay" who is an independent mechanic in the bay and specializes with Infiniti's. If he can't fix it, he'll know the right people who can.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:41 AM
SLICK
Thanked 1,049 Times in 934 Posts
I'm sure there's a lot of good mechanics in the bay area. Click on Regional Forums, then North America and finally NorCal. Look for a sticky at the top called Recommended Shops, these are posted my members happy with the service they get from these locations....Gary
Old 03-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the responses. Car has 88,000 miles on it but the new engine has only 5,000 miles! I have been taking very good care of the car and the previous owner also seemed to be a very responsible person. I considered selling the car and put it on craigslist but I don't think the new engine is getting as much atraction as I expected it to. Maybe a major repair like that actually scares people off! My car will probably go at best for $13,000. I took a look around and if I decide to buy anything that I like, I would have to put down $20,000 after selling my car! If I wasn't worried about potential costly repairs coming up I would keep my car with no hesitation!

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
03 Sedan, Help with Starting Problem chinee G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 15 06-05-2017 03:29 AM
Projector retrofit on 06 g35 sedan Jusseth G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 14 07-17-2016 12:47 AM
FS: G35 coupe sport side skirts R350k5 Exterior - Body Parts 10 10-01-2015 09:41 PM
Stereo Repair / Driving without a stereo hdmark Audio, Video & Electronics 2 07-29-2015 08:32 PM
Finally got her Ninjay16 New Members Check In 6 07-20-2015 02:21 AM

Tags
area, audio, bay, car, certified, francisco, g35, good, independent, infiniti, infinity, mechanic, repair, san, sf, shop
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: