Covering Up License Plate Holes - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Covering Up License Plate Holes

Covering Up License Plate Holes

Old 05-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Covering Up License Plate Holes

Hey guys, so I just got my 06' 6MT last week and I am loving it. The previous owner had a front license plate on. I took it off and luckily he kept the plastic piece that comes out (what is that called? lol). As I feared, there are four holes where the bracket screwed in and they look bad obviously.

I'm trying to think of some kind of material to fill the holes with and use touch up paint to paint over, but of course it doesn't hurt to ask if anybody has suggestions.

Thanks!

P.S. G35 driver won't let me load a profile pic. Any ideas why? Is it because I'm not a paid subscriber?

Dan
Old 05-11-2012, 12:26 AM
The rectangle in the middle of the bumper's just the tow hook cover and you're lucky to have it. When I first removed my plate, I did a DIY using something I found at Home Depot and spray paint, but that wasn't too durable as the paint was chipping on the edges. After some research I found this website: . I ordered from them and they're perfect.

It's almost the same as what I had originally did on my own but they look better AND they also come painted. I think it was about $30. Well worth the investment IMO because the paint is done professionally and will beat any rattle can job. I reinforced it with some washers to make sure they stayed in.

And you don't have to pay for an avatar.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:33 AM
Looks like a good product, I'm definitely going to look into it. It would be around $60 for all four holes but probably worth it.

And I see that I can do an avatar, but how do I put in my own pic?

Thanks for that recommendation man!
Old 05-11-2012, 01:53 AM
No problem. I think the only way to upload your own avatar is to upgrade your membership.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:06 AM
SLICK
Thanked 1,049 Times in 934 Posts
Dan the plastic piece is called a tow hook cover. The least expensive way to fill those license plate holes is with plugs. Now you can go to Home Depot, buy plugs and cover them with touch up paint or Google plugs and have them painted which will look better. Remember your front bumper flexes, using filler and touch up paint won't turn out good. You can't do much here until you join our family except read all the stickys and gain knowledge about your ride....Gary