Noise when Clutch Pedal is Pressed and Engine Is Revved - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Noise when Clutch Pedal is Pressed and Engine Is Revved

Noise when Clutch Pedal is Pressed and Engine Is Revved

Old 02-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Noise when Clutch Pedal is Pressed and Engine Is Revved

Picked up my new 05 6mt last Saturday and have only put about 190 miles on it. Tonight I noticed a distinct gargling or dull fast-rate clunking sound coming from the driver front side when the clutch pedal is pressed and the engine is revved. If I put it in neutral and rev, the noise goes away and all i hear is the normal exhaust and engine sound. I can also feel slight vibration when the pedal is pressed. I did a search on the forum and everything I found seemed to be related to noises when the clutch pedal was out.

Any ideas.

Thanks
Ron

Last edited by rmyers; 02-05-2005 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:25 PM
I have it too its normal....especially cold start ups itll be louder. But thats just the sound of our cars (and the rumble)!!
Old 11-17-2005, 03:35 AM
bumping this. i'm a new owner and i noticed this too. is this truly normal for all 6sp g35's?

thanks
sam
Old 11-17-2005, 04:13 AM
G35 Twin Turbo
i have it too
Old 11-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Doesn't everyone have this sound?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:55 PM
I don't think this is normal guys, I had brought my car in and the mechanics had stated that they would have to call the noise engineer when it comes to the 05. I have yet to come into the dealer, I notice the noise after driving for approx. an hour or so. It makes a distinct noise when the car is in neutral and the clutch is disengaged, the noise does not happen all the time its periodic. Possible throw out bearing?, these guys at the dealers are fishy there not to honest with warranty problems. You pay 40k for a car that makes noise in different locations, this is with no mods either.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:27 PM
i'm starting to feel a little better.

so far this makes 6 ppl who have the same noise.

now, the question is... has anyone asked the infiniti service dept about this?

i'm hesistant on doing so cause where i live there is only one inifinit dealership and i don't want to get screwed and have them say someone abused the car and shove a repair bill in my face.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:29 PM
actually, here's another question.

i'm the second owner on my car so i can only assume that the car wasn't abused in some crazy manner before i purchased it. everything seemed like it was taken care of. but of course that would be judging a book by it's cover right?

anyways... for the rest of you who are confirming this same noise are you perhaps the 1st owner and can you confirm that you haven't abused your car in some fashion that may have led to this noise?

thanks
sam
Old 11-17-2005, 07:07 PM
G35 Twin Turbo
when i bought my car i didn't hear anything, but then i went to las vegas driving my car. then i started to hear the sound I mean the click sound when u push the clutch. now i have 10,000 miles on my G and the servies going to be on 11,300mile i will ask him to fix that.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:15 PM
gtt: so when you said you have the noise too you were talking about click when you press the clutch pedal?

if you are i think you might be in the wrong thread then. lol.

rmyers is/was talking about something completely different as am i.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:10 PM
G35 Twin Turbo
I understand what r u talking about; I have many problems with my clutch such as feeling vibration when I push the clutch at high RPM 6k or so. When I push the clutch to start my engine on the morning after I take my leg off from the clutch there is different sound coming from the gear.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Premier Member
I have the IDENTICAL problem. I even had my wife stand beside the front quarter while I had the hood popped to have her ears compare what I was hearing.

BUT, when the car is under way...there is no issue. Its ONLY when the vehicle is stationary. Starting out from first gear...during the initial clutch let-out as the tranny engages...I get that friction feeling through the clutch pedal. I liken it to there being spot on the clutch that makes it feel like it's warped. But like I said...once the car is under way, there is nothing to feel.

Last edited by kidtronix; 11-17-2005 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Rated M
I doubt it's anything to worry about. There seem to be so many perceived unusual noises people are hearing in these cars.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:55 PM
Everyone has that noise. It's the throw out bearing...

I'll worry when the noise goes away. LOL