2005 G35 Solenoid Valve Issue PLEASE HELP!!! - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 2005 G35 Solenoid Valve Issue PLEASE HELP!!!

2005 G35 Solenoid Valve Issue PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 02-22-2011, 12:28 AM
2005 G35 Solenoid Valve Issue PLEASE HELP!!!

I have a 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan, automatic, with 80k Miles. A couple of days ago my SERVICE ENGINE SOON light went on and when I turn on the car the A/T light flashes for a few seconds. The codes that came up were P1759 and P1757 (Front Brakes Solenoid Circuit Fault and Front Brakes Solenoid Valve/Circuit Fault). When I start the car and put it in drive the car starts rolling. Then I apply gas and it drives for about 20 second then I feel a push in the transmission and when I press gas again it feels like something is pulling the car back. When I stop the car and let go of brake, it does not roll, I need to press gas and once rpm reach 2-2.5 the car starts rolling. When I floor it, rpm does not go over 3 and car accelerates very slowly. But once I put it in reverse, it drives fine. Please let me know what you think could be the issue and how much it may cost me (ball park) to get it fixed. Thanks in advance
Old 02-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Sounds like you've got a brake problem, possibly in the ABS system. I'd suggest taking it to Infiniti or Nissan ASAP. you could try pulling the ABS fuse to see if the problem goes away, but keep in mind you won't have ABS and it really doesn't fix anything.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Ok you have a transmission problem. First with the transmission bang or (push) is your tranny going into (failsafe) mode. which is suppose to keep it from further damage. Thats why you cant drive over 3 rpm and etc as you explained. Thoes codes are also for the transmission take it to the dealer. Might need a replacement. Are you out of warranty?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:33 PM
No I don't have warranty Any idea how much longer I can drive it? What additional damages can come from me driving the car?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:35 PM
Also, what could cause this transmission problem?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Any updates with the car? I'm in the same boat. 2003 Sedan w/90,000k. I just did a brake job to see if there were any related issues with the two and nothing. Same thing. I'm about to have them do a tranny flush/fill to see if that is the problem. i would fill and flush myself, but no dipstick with the 03 models.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:59 AM
ehhhhh no updates yet. It's been driving, and I've been saving ****load of gas lol, keepin it under 3k. But I'm probably going to take it to dealer this weekend to get an inspection if they could do a price match ($140 is pretty pricey) Also my AIRBAG light went on, but because of the recall, they'll fix that for free. I made appt for friday. I bought new dealer brakes and rotors months ago but still haven't put them on. I just hope this solenoid thing isn't too much to repair. I heard parts are relatively cheap $40-80 and labor is where it gets costly Sucks with no warranty
Old 05-03-2011, 07:27 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,233 Times in 997 Posts
Obviously let us know what it turns out to be.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but if it is the Front Brakes Solenoid Circuit, then your out about $1200 for just the part. Infiniti doesn't make just that part. You actually have to buy the entire transmission valve body. I went ahead and ordered the TCM since it is a separate piece in my model and I'm swapping that out when it comes in. Hopefully that will resolve my issue. Just remember one thing, when you swap out any electronic that has to deal with the transmission on these cars, it has to be re-flashed to mate with the car. The dealer can do this in 5 minutes with their consult II program.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:24 PM
You're right. local mechanics told me the same thing. But they said, before we do any repairs, we have to take off oil pan and check for metal shredding, if they are there, then they don't advise replacing the trans valve body, because there could be more serious issues with the transmission. I tried contacting nismo and other companies, but ya, no one is making that one little solenoid part, which I assume wouldn't be more than $50 if they did. But that's the problem with these cars, they run great, but everything and i mean everything is connected to something else and it's a b**** replacing something really small. TvalveBody is about 1k at some dealers, but I once I started calling around, I noticed that every dealer has different price, and most dealers do pricematch But still thousand dollars is a lot of money. I was also told that this is a REALLY REALLY rare problem, because trans on infiniti can run for almost twice the mileage I have and not break down. So I'll look into it a little more before I do all repairs. I hope 3rd party warranties cover engine work
Old 05-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Try a local salvage yard or car-part.com
Old 05-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjee View Post
Try a local salvage yard or car-part.com

I doubt anyone would replace transmission parts on infiniti with junkyard parts. The only way I would probably do that is if the car is virtually new, and I know the owner of junkyard, and I know exactly what happened to the salvaged parts, before I put anything like that into my car. But that would be a cheap, but also a very risky alternate.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:23 PM
I swapped out the TCM on mine and the AT light still flashes when I start up and the Service Engine Light is on. I do know that I need to have the TCM flashed and mated with the tranny, but I can't imagine that the AT light would still be flashing like something was wrong? I guess I will have to finally break down and take it into a transmission shop and see if they can just swap out the solenoid. I'm thinking once this is fixed, a nice FOR SALE sign will be on the car....
Old 05-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Just to help anyone else interested.....

Its the first one:
Model#63421

BUT....this was not my issue. I needed to replace the TCM in mine. Mine is located in the car and I believe the 04-up models it is inside the transmission. So do the research and figure out which to buy based on model.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Any updates AFTERSHOCK?