2003 G35 ac compressor not turning on - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 2003 G35 ac compressor not turning on

2003 G35 ac compressor not turning on

Old 06-13-2012, 01:17 PM
2003 G35 ac compressor not turning on

I would like to apologize in advance just in case I missed something about this.
I have a 2003 G35 sedan that I bought after it was in an accident. The ac never worked, I had to replace the electric fan because it was hit.(I also traced the wires to make sure there were no cuts or broken wires) I also replaced the ac compressor (it was squealing) The cd player was jammed so I put in the metra kit with a double din unit hoping the ac would work. The compressor will not come on, I can run power to it & it will turn on. All of my controls are working & the cabin sensor is plugged in. I have pulled the battery & took the cover for the fuse panel behind it. The ac fuse is not blown but I am confused about the relays. Any suggestions b4 I start throwing more $$ at it guessing.
Thank you in advance, I have already learned tons reading on this site!

Last edited by Lucky74; 06-13-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 06-13-2012, 01:27 PM
My 2005 G35x showed the same symptoms.

Everything was in working order, but the compressor would not 'click' on. Ended up being a leak in the metal hose that runs below the compressor (just visibile from the top of the radiator). The freon had escaped and there was no pressure left in the system. There is a pressure switch in the system that detects low freon pressure and does not allow the compressor to switch on (to save the compressor).

Maybe have your pressure checked? If it's low or non-existent you'll need to have your system checked for leaks, the leak corrected, and the system recharged.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Thank you for the reply. I just had the system filled, no leaks.
I have also tested the 3, 6 prong relays behind the battery, I get continuity on both sides & they click on. My condenser fan doesn't kick on ever either.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:59 AM
Where did you get the new compressor? They are a variable displacement compressor and can be difficult to find.

Last edited by sonicii; 06-14-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:28 AM
I got it out of another 2003 Infiniti G35, it worked in the other car, & I can get it to turn on by putting power to it.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Silly question. How are you turning on the ac? are you pressing the ac button then the fan or are you pressing the auto button? My ac will only work when I press the auto button to get it going. If I just press the ac button then try to adjust the temp I get hot air blowing in my face
Old 06-14-2012, 07:55 PM
I have tried both ways, no luck!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Check the wiring at the compressor for voltage then have someone push the buttons inside the car. If that doesn't work then check the pins in the metra kit tomake sure that one of them didn't get bent when you plugged it in.someone put a metra kit in my g and I can't get it unplugged to Save my life, so when the day comes of getting the jdm kit I'm going to have to cut the wires
The Following User Says Thank You to nism0b0y For This Useful Post:
Lucky74 (06-15-2012)
Old 06-14-2012, 10:11 PM
How did you properly fill the AC system without compressor working ?

Did you check pressure switch/harness for damage ? Its located in front of condenser on passenger side near horn. It may have been damaged in accident.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HotRodG35 For This Useful Post:
Hotdawwgman (06-22-2012), Lucky74 (06-15-2012)
Old 06-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodG35 View Post
How did you properly fill the AC system without compressor working ?

Did you check pressure switch/harness for damage ? Its located in front of condenser on passenger side near horn. It may have been damaged in accident.
THIS TIMES 50 BILLLLLION!!!!

Dude you did put refridgerant in the system, right?

reading this and no responses asking about refridgerant I'm like WTF guys
Old 06-15-2012, 01:37 AM
As my post said earlier, I had it filled & checked for leaks. It has a new condenser in it & the pressure switch is not damaged. My next step is to take the deck back out & check the plugs for the metra kit.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky74 View Post
As my post said earlier, I had it filled & checked for leaks. It has a new condenser in it & the pressure switch is not damaged. My next step is to take the deck back out & check the plugs for the metra kit.
Ahh missed that, my bad.

It's probably your ACC circuit board, they fry along with the audio unit, power routing is all interconnected, that's why the ACC controls cut out when the radio cuts out (infamous problem on these cars)

Inspect the circuitry with nitrile gloves on (surgeon style). Using bare hands will roast the circuitry due to the grease/oil on your skin.

"cold solders" or burnt transistors are easy to identify on a visual inspection and by simply smelling the area. If it smells burnt, and you are unable to test/repair the circuit board unit, you'll need a new one.
You're hoping to find a cold solder, becuase that can easily be re-soldered to fix it.

There's also a manual ACC diagnostic procedure but I'm not familiar with it. There's instructions in the FSM:
Old 06-15-2012, 03:51 PM
HotRodG35 was right (for the most part) the pressure switch was not damaged but the wires were wearing thin, put a new plug on it & now I have ICE COLD air!
Old 06-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerMax View Post
Ahh missed that, my bad.

It's probably your ACC circuit board, they fry along with the audio unit, power routing is all interconnected, that's why the ACC controls cut out when the radio cuts out (infamous problem on these cars)

Inspect the circuitry with nitrile gloves on (surgeon style). Using bare hands will roast the circuitry due to the grease/oil on your skin.

"cold solders" or burnt transistors are easy to identify on a visual inspection and by simply smelling the area. If it smells burnt, and you are unable to test/repair the circuit board unit, you'll need a new one.
You're hoping to find a cold solder, becuase that can easily be re-soldered to fix it.

There's also a manual ACC diagnostic procedure but I'm not familiar with it. There's instructions in the FSM:
I put the metra kit in to get away from the circuit board problems, it comes with a new board for the ac
Old 06-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky74 View Post
HotRodG35 was right (for the most part) the pressure switch was not damaged but the wires were wearing thin, put a new plug on it & now I have ICE COLD air!
Happy to hear!