LoJack --- What's the Cost? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • LoJack --- What's the Cost?

LoJack --- What's the Cost?

Old 06-26-2005, 02:14 AM
Question LoJack --- What's the Cost?

Do you know the cost of a LoJack set up? Are ther differnt types of systems?

Is it worth it or is it better to spend bucks on an a hi teck alarm system ?

Your thoughts please......
Old 06-26-2005, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator
As I understand it . . . The LoJack system is great for locating and retrieving stolen cars. However, the majority of stolen cars are found, with or without utilizing the LoJack app and hardware.

IMHO, I would rather invest the monies towards a system, which might prevent the need to find a stolen car.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:31 AM
LoJack is sold at dealerships anywhere from $400 to $700 and it will save you $10 an year on your auto insurance premium. The dealerships buy it for $150. Its basically a sticker with a tracking device function. I don't think its worth it. And since you don't drive an Accord or Camry, wouldn't have to worry too much about your car being stolen. Go with a security system that has lots of cool function on it for less money.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:00 PM
while it has been said that most cars are found with/withoutLojack...Lojack helps by allowing police to find your car faster, before it has been stripped and chopped. I would say it depends on where you live and how much you value your car. If you dont care and have insurance, then dont buy it as the insurance will get you another one if it is stolen. But if your car is your baby and wash it more than your own sack, then I would buy it.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:55 PM
It's worth the $500

Yeah, statistically the cops find most stolen cars. However there's a big difference between them agressively tracking it down in 20 minutes vs. finding it stripped down to shi* a couple weeks later.

If someone wants your car bad enough, they will take it (regardless of your alarm system). Bigger concern for me is how quickly can I find them once it's gone. The sooner you find it, the less chance your car will be chopped or vandalized.

BTW, there's no "sticker" with LoJack. They dont want to announce that the car has it at all. That way the punk who steals it wont be looking for the device. He'll think getting the car was the biggest hurdle...meanwhile johnny law is homing in on his dumb a$$.

I never thought LoJack was worth it until my brother-in-law's Maxima was stolen with LoJack installed. He called the police the morning after it was stolen from his driveway. They got right on it and had located it about 25 minutes after he called. It was sitting in some retards garage about two miles away. Cuff em boys! No damage was done to the car and he drove it home about an hour later. Sweeeet.

Anywho, that's my two pennies worth
Old 06-26-2005, 02:17 PM
where can you get it for $500? the dealer that i bought my car from(Peninsula Infiniti) was asking around ~$1000

an extra plus is that insurance companies give a slight discount if LoJack is installed on the car
Old 06-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert039
where can you get it for $500? the dealer that i bought my car from(Peninsula Infiniti) was asking around ~$1000
Hmm, that's what my dealer installed it for when I bought the car new (Niello Infiniti, Concord, CA).

But I also had it installed in my wife's Tacoma at the Toyota dealer for $600

I think $1000 is way outta line. I'd shop around at other dealers (doesn't have to be an Infiniti dealer either)
Old 06-26-2005, 05:18 PM
I had it in my G20 and my I30. I didn't get for the G35-but I'm not sure why, except maybe because the other cars were never stolen. Maybe not good reasoning.

For the I30 (in 1998) it was $500 and I think the dealer wants $600 now. It is actually not installed by the dealer. The Lojack people come and install it behind a screen so presumably no one knows where it gets put on any particular model.

And as mentioned above, there is no sticker so the thief doesn't start to look for it.

In a high theft area it may save your car from being taken apart before you get it. Check the locations where it works, as the police may not have the receivers in all areas, at least that's how it was originally.

There are some alarms with GPS locators too, but then I guess you have to call the police and tell them where it is.

Last edited by Andy77; 06-26-2005 at 05:19 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 06-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Has anyone had their car recovered because of LoJack?
Old 06-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG35
Has anyone had their car recovered because of LoJack?
Read post #5 above. My bro-in-law got his Maxima back because he had LoJack
Old 06-27-2005, 11:52 AM
I used to work in a dealership and they make up prices. If they dont make a big profit on the deal of the car they charge more for the Lo Jack, etching, accessories and any other things you disscus with the F and I managers.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:04 PM
My dealer was running a "promotion" so the price was $500

Another good thing about lo-jack is apparently when they steal your car, now they let it sit for a day or so to see if it has lo-jack. If it does, they aren't caught with it, and your car is ok, but if it doesn't then they'll go to work on it.

I had a co-worker who's car was recovered with very minor damage (smashed window, etc)
Old 06-27-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm with you my sedan is worth now $53,000+ all the crap i put in to and got the lojack system for $700.00 and a good asssss Alarm System I think is worth it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto
while it has been said that most cars are found with/withoutLojack...Lojack helps by allowing police to find your car faster, before it has been stripped and chopped. I would say it depends on where you live and how much you value your car. If you dont care and have insurance, then dont buy it as the insurance will get you another one if it is stolen. But if your car is your baby and wash it more than your own sack, then I would buy it.