Deodorizing Vents - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Deodorizing Vents


Deodorizing Vents

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-14-2005, 11:44 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Deodorizing Vents

I read somewhere that if you're trying get rid of cigarette smell from your car, one thing you need to do is deodorize your vents. I went to Pep Boys and bought this stuff called Ozium, it's like a baceteria and odor air neutralizer. Is it ok to spray that stuff in the vents?

I think I also read that you should spray it in the panel vents, the defogger vents, and even the outside vents behind wind shield wipers. Is this ok with Ozium?
Old 10-15-2005, 04:08 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Go to Walgreens, they sell this stuff for $5 that is in a fogger can. You start the car, turn the AC on recirc, full blast, then start the can spraying and close the door for 5 minutes. This is a fine mist made specifically for this purpose and it works well. Only downside is you really need to air out the car afterwards, I did it during the summer here in Phoenix which meant my doors and windows were almost always closed and it took like a week before the car stopped smelling like a really clean restroom...but the previous owners stanky wacky tabacky no longer lingers, and it now smells like a car should...whatever that means.



you can even order online.

BTW if you really want to use the ozium, run the AC on recirc, and spray in the passenger side footwell so that it can get sucked into the ventilation system, works well, just do it somewhere you can get out of the car as you don't want to be in there when you fog the ozium. You also want to get any surfaces that are cloth or cloth like, thats where the smoke lingers. This method has always worked for me, I like the fogger cause it will get every nook and cranny in the car, like in the seat foam, etc. where the smoke can get into and stay.

well enough rambling, i am going to sleep now.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Registered User
Join Date: May 2002
location: East Bay, Cali
Posts: 17,090
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
You should try changing the air filter first. That may be the culprit. There are instructions in the DIY forum or you can have the dealer or mechanic do it.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Jeff92se's Avatar
Red Card Crew
iTrader: (24)
Join Date: May 2005
location: ɐʍ 'ǝlʇʇɐǝs
Posts: 35,498
Thanked 523 Times in 438 Posts
I couldn't find that stuff at my local Walgreens so I got the ozium instead. Sprayed the interior 2-3 times and closed the doors. Waited for about 15 min. Then ran the ac/recirc and sprayed it in the p-side footwell. It's cool to see it get sucked up. Ran it for about 5-10 min and sprayed it again 1-2 more times while it was running (with doors/windows closed). Then did it with the defrost/fresh air. (I already replaced the cabin filter before).

It's only been one day. So far so good. When I run the ac/defrost, I can smell the faint odor of the ozium. Do you have to keep doing this? Or should this eliminate the odors? I'm trying to get rid of a previous smoker smell. I still have to clean the leather. I thought it would be better to take care of the vents before doing the interior clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekinc
Go to Walgreens, they sell this stuff for $5 that is in a fogger can. You start the car, turn the AC on recirc, full blast, then start the can spraying and close the door for 5 minutes. This is a fine mist made specifically for this purpose and it works well. Only downside is you really need to air out the car afterwards, I did it during the summer here in Phoenix which meant my doors and windows were almost always closed and it took like a week before the car stopped smelling like a really clean restroom...but the previous owners stanky wacky tabacky no longer lingers, and it now smells like a car should...whatever that means.



you can even order online.

BTW if you really want to use the ozium, run the AC on recirc, and spray in the passenger side footwell so that it can get sucked into the ventilation system, works well, just do it somewhere you can get out of the car as you don't want to be in there when you fog the ozium. You also want to get any surfaces that are cloth or cloth like, thats where the smoke lingers. This method has always worked for me, I like the fogger cause it will get every nook and cranny in the car, like in the seat foam, etc. where the smoke can get into and stay.

well enough rambling, i am going to sleep now.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:11 PM
gary c's Avatar
SLICK
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Feb 2005
location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 19,034
Thanked 1,051 Times in 936 Posts
Stinky G...............

My G still smells like leather (new) where are you
getting this smoke smell from? See it's
not good for your car or you.....SMOKING SUCKS!
Old 03-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Jeff92se's Avatar
Red Card Crew
iTrader: (24)
Join Date: May 2005
location: ɐʍ 'ǝlʇʇɐǝs
Posts: 35,498
Thanked 523 Times in 438 Posts
..................
Quote:
I'm trying to get rid of a previous smoker smell
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary c
My G still smells like leather (new) where are you
getting this smoke smell from? See it's
not good for your car or you.....SMOKING SUCKS!
Old 03-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Nov 2005
location: LA, PDX, & Everywhere between
Posts: 1,775
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Does anyone else think it's weird that our cabin draws air in from right behind the battery? couldn't we like get toxic nasty **** right in the cabin if the battery has a problem?
Old 03-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Nov 2005
location: LA, PDX, & Everywhere between
Posts: 1,775
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the in cabin filter is like 4 inches away from the battery
Old 03-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Jeff92se's Avatar
Red Card Crew
iTrader: (24)
Join Date: May 2005
location: ɐʍ 'ǝlʇʇɐǝs
Posts: 35,498
Thanked 523 Times in 438 Posts
Yup. I agree. Nothing like the smell of fresh battery acid to make your driving experience complete! I'll probably make sure to only buy the sealed type in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSash
Does anyone else think it's weird that our cabin draws air in from right behind the battery? couldn't we like get toxic nasty **** right in the cabin if the battery has a problem?
Old 03-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Picus's Avatar
Staff ALUMNI
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Jun 2005
location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Another tip - grab a can of febreeze and every 4-6 months sit in the car, turn the a/c on recirculate (just like you did), and spray the entire can down into the passenger side footwell. I do this in every car I detail - keeps them smelling fresh for most of the year.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Nov 2004
location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,864
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Is sending vapor/mist into the car's AC/vent system bad for the car? Just curious...I like the Febreeze idea...but don't want to F up my car.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2004
location: Denton, TX
Posts: 720
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary c
My G still smells like leather (new) where are you
getting this smoke smell from? See it's
not good for your car or you.....SMOKING SUCKS!
Wait, smoking's not good for you? WOW! I'm gonna quit RIGHT AWAY! Thanks for the new info!

Can't believe I've been smoking all this time without even knowing that.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
Join Date: Jan 2006
location: Orlando
Posts: 1,084
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by picus112
Another tip - grab a can of febreeze and every 4-6 months sit in the car, turn the a/c on recirculate (just like you did), and spray the entire can down into the passenger side footwell. I do this in every car I detail - keeps them smelling fresh for most of the year.
never thought of that,thanx for the tip!!!!! i love febreeze,lol
Old 03-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Mar 2003
location: Philly
Posts: 2,873
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Won't you end up with febreeze residue in the circ system? That stuff is a sticky mess when we sprayed it generously on some flooring and carpet where we had some animal butt control issues...love the stuff but that much concentrated can not be wonderful for the system or filters.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 82
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
While looking at a used RX330 at Car Sense ("like-new" off-lease used retailer), it smelled of smoke. I was told they would send the vehicle to a detail shop where it would be hooked up to a deodorizing system, which was further described as a machine that forced deodorizing air into the interior through the intake vents (not unlike when the vehicle is in motion), and left that way for 4 hours, windows up. Supposedly, the treatment permeates cloth, carpet, and other fibers to get rid of stink. Did not buy the car, but have never smelled smoke in any of the vehicles that have on the lot.

You may try seeking such a vendor out for the treatment.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Catch can/Crankcase venting? Herbbie Hablib Forced Induction 7 12-10-2015 07:17 PM
A/C issues led to finding MELTED fuse box! 2003.5 Learned Hand G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 1 10-01-2015 10:02 AM
Another A/C issue. Any help? Jcruzg35 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 1 09-26-2015 05:47 PM
Air conditioner is only blowing towards the feet vents master111 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 2 09-25-2015 09:32 PM
R1 Autoworks Exterior-Vendor 0 07-28-2015 10:32 PM


Tags
ac, auto, car, clothing, deodorize, deodorizer, deodorizing, febreeze, hook, ozium, plenum, spray, spraying, vent, vents
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, rupromenergo.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


350z sparco seatshb2 light bulblandshark surfboardrays extended lug nutszapco 9.0takata mph 3412003 g35 dash kitdash replacement kitshow to install loclambo doors costhow much to blackout tail lightsakebono vs wagnergravity bleedinfiniti g37 sedan 0-60diy pressure brake bleederfront strut assembly replacement costhow much are brembo calipersbazooka tube install350z rev uphow to adjust tein coiloversblinder extreme2003 350z headlightsphilips germany d2r 35w 85126tail implantradiator vent screwhow do you tint headlightsjdm bubble shifter2003 g35 sedan 0-60what is the difference between a muffler and a resonator2.25 x pipetiswheelsviper alarm remote batteryk&n how to cleanair intake couplerswhy does my car shut off while idlingprogram viper remote startoffset calculator wheelsremote mount turbo kitfeathered tyresbleed clutch fluidaggressive rimstires driftjl 12w3v2ccw lm20 wheels for salebumperplugsinstrument cluster reprogramminggroup 24f battery dimensionssecret weapon r cold air intakeaftermarket steering wheel with cruise control350z bride seatsg35 driverg35 vs m35tiburon turbo manifoldkenworth hid headlightsavic x920bt manualmy350z cominfiniti g35x price6.5 inch 2 ohm car speakersbully dog tuningbee r limiterm1-110 filtersparco milano prestigered line si 1 complete fuel system cleanercar detailing canopyeuroline dhinfiniti g37 coupe specstomei expreme tiedgeracing350gt infinitinismo gtr rimsssr sp1 rimsjustireclifford car alarm remote