Guesstimate on bumper plate marks : ( - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Guesstimate on bumper plate marks : (

Guesstimate on bumper plate marks : (

Old 12-31-2005, 05:49 PM
Guesstimate on bumper plate marks : (

When I wash my car, like I did yesterday, I always check for door dings or any other signs of damage. Today I went to Home Depot and found a great spot where no other car could park beside me and pulled all the way through which left a spot open behind me. As I returned to my car I noticed a very large pickup was pretty close to my bumper, but not touching. I assumed everything was fine so off I went on my other errands. As I returned to my car after another errand I noticed a couple spots on the bumper and with closer inspection found two bolt marks where the guy with the truck had bumped my car. The scratches gouged the plastic so you can feel an indentation.

Anyone care to guess how much it will cost to repair? Do Infiniti dealers have a body shop on site or will they just farm it out? Should I go to an independent body shop? I was surprised to hear black is actually pretty hard to match.

Although I did not see the guy in the pickup hit my car, I know the marks were not there earlier today. I can't believe he did not feel the impact when he hit my G35 and he obviously back up a few inches after he hit it. Now I wish I had checked it, but there was a island to the side of my car with bushes and a small tree which would have made it difficult to check. Even if I had noticed the marks when I was at Home Depot is there anything I could have done? Even if I waited for him to return to his truck he could have denied it, though I'm sure his plate would have lined up perfectly to the marks. Would I have had a case against him or would it have been my word against his? I know when someone backed into my Pathfinder at a bank the Police explained they cannot report to a minor accident on business property.

Sorry for the long email, but I needed to vent.
Attached Thumbnails
Guesstimate on bumper plate marks : (-p1010004.jpg Guesstimate on bumper plate marks : (-p1010005.jpg
Old 12-31-2005, 06:03 PM
Bumper Medic

In my area (SoCal) there is a chain called Bumper Medic that would be able to take care of that for not too much $$. A couple of years ago (previous vehicle) I had a 5 inch long, somewhat deep gouge in my read bumper that they took care of for under $100.

sd_diver
Old 12-31-2005, 06:35 PM
ANyone know if there is a place like bumper medic near virginia?
Old 12-31-2005, 08:31 PM
O.F. Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley01
ANyone know if there is a place like bumper medic near virginia?
There's a Car's Medic up our way that I have used and they're very good and reasonably priced.
The should be in the phone book, but check with your local dealer for a name and number. You can bet he uses him too.
G/L with the repair.
C.