07 Intelligent Key - Recall? - Page 3 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 07 Intelligent Key - Recall?

07 Intelligent Key - Recall?

Old 04-28-2007, 05:51 PM
You think the intellegent keys for nissan and Infinity are made the same. I've had a Murano for about 6 months and it hasn't stopped working..... yet.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:33 PM
hmmmmm... I have been having intermittent problems with my car recognizing and setting the power seat and tilt when I get in it in the morning. I have to manually hit the memory #1 to get the seat to move. This may have something to do with it.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:14 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Sounds like it is more related to which kind of phone you have. Not that I would expect them to make a distinction. I'm just glad they are trying to correct the problem and issue new keys.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey's wife
Sounds like it is more related to which kind of phone you have. Not that I would expect them to make a distinction. I'm just glad they are trying to correct the problem and issue new keys.
My wife always carries her I key in her purse with her Raz'r cell and no problems so far (knock on wood)
Old 04-29-2007, 12:30 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEE35X
My wife always carries her I key in her purse with her Raz'r cell and no problems so far (knock on wood)
Well, I carry a little purse and I have one of those little bag thingy's that you clip onto a purse to hold my cellphone. I'm not too worried about it since it is almost never actually inside my purse. It's likely best to just do your best to keep them apart until they fix the issue though. No reason to make your life any more difficult than you have to.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey's wife
Well, I carry a little purse and I have one of those little bag thingy's that you clip onto a purse to hold my cellphone. I'm not too worried about it since it is almost never actually inside my purse. It's likely best to just do your best to keep them apart until they fix the issue though. No reason to make your life any more difficult than you have to.
Good idea, maybe I will dig around for our case so she can do the same. As you say better safe than sorry.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:35 AM
My horns hold up my halo
This is what I have. It holds my phone and clips on the strap of my purse. I do it because I could never find my phone when it would start ringing.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:40 AM
Just in case they don't offer this as an automatic recall, I hope that they will still let G35 owners request the new keys this coming fall even if no problems have occurred with the old keys. So far, I haven't had any problems with my keys (I keep my key in my right pocket, and my cell phone on my belt on my left). Even though I haven't had any problems, reading the notice makes me nervous, and I still want the new keys to be on the safe side.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Is there some reason that this would only be a problem on '07's?
I realize that the start button is different than the '05/'06 cars, but the I-Key fob looks the same.
Maybe a new design for the internals of the fob?
I've been using mine for almost 2 years with no problems, and I don't recall seeing any posts here about '05/'06's fobs failing.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:11 PM
I see on '07 FOB that it is made by Siemen's VDO automotive.

Does anyone know if previous years and other Nissan application are also using Siemen's based units?
Old 04-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Frankly I think this is an absolutely absurd thing to have to worry about. I don't want to have to think every day "OK my key is in this pocket, better put my cellphone in this one. OK I'm at work better not keep my keys too close to my phone or PC and at home better not leave them on my desk near my PC or my phone in the charger or in the car better not put my key and phone in the cupholder like I normally do."

For the record I have never had an issue with my keys but I sure as hell don't want to drive a $40,000 car that forces you to carry your keys and phone a certain way or else you may get stranded somewhere. Hopefully the modified key solves this problem.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:48 PM
So let me get this straight...there is no physical spot in the G to insert the actual "key" located inside the fob? In the Acura RL, the "key" located inside the fob can be inserted into the ignition to start the car. You can't do this in the G?
Old 04-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtecVQ
So let me get this straight...there is no physical spot in the G to insert the actual "key" located inside the fob? In the Acura RL, the "key" located inside the fob can be inserted into the ignition to start the car. You can't do this in the G?
No, but when you put it in the slot to the left of the wheel, the battery in the FOB isn't needed... it's read by an active antenna from the CAR.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't even have the car yet, but I'm paranoid of this thing...so I think we can develop a holder (small zip lock bag) with foil on the inside so that nothing is transmitted to it (including cell phones). Then, when getting near the car, remove the key from the bag. Will this work?
Old 04-29-2007, 07:57 PM
I think so, I got a similar foil-type bag with my EZPass that I store it in when I'm not using it. I think a bag like that would work. However, there's no way I am going to use a bag keyholder on the offchance it craps out. I guess I will take my chances until they fix this issue.