07 Intelligent Key - Recall? - Page 5 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 07 Intelligent Key - Recall?

07 Intelligent Key - Recall?

Old 04-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbel
I met someone over the weekend who works for infiniti - I hadn't read this thread then but we got talking about cars and she mentioned that a letter was going out regarding the ikey and cell phones - specifically, she said that the razr has been a problem.
The razr! Oh no, I have one.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Crossing fingers,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have a Razr V3 and have had no problems and I believe Garnet Canuck has the same phone with no problems.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:19 AM
I think people are getting a little paranoid. If a fix is in the works, I certainly would not let this stop me from buying the car.

It would be nice if we were at least told what they suspect the cause is. Being too close to a cell phone is just too general. Maybe which models, frequencies, etc.

Just to note, I haven't had any problems with Motorola MPx-220 or Cingular 8525. I've always left my keys and phones next to each other on my kitchen counter. Bluetooth on in both cases (WiFi as well on the 8525). I try to be a little more careful now, but if they end up being next to each other, so be it.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:32 AM
Add me to the list

Well, it happend to me yesterday. I've read about a few issues over the last few months and tmy wife tried to tell me that once the seat settings were missed up, but I didn't really pay attention until yesterday. I went to the car and it didn't recongnize my key at all. I pushed all the buttons on the fob, used the real key to roll the windows up and down, etc. and nothing. Of course the "No Key" message was showing. To make matters worse, I was stranded. I had to walk all the way into the house. It was about 20 feet. (It was in my garage, ok, so no good story yet).

I do carry the key fob in the same pocket as my Cingular 6120 GSM phone at times. Not on purpose, it just happens sometimes. However, when this happened, I had not used the key fob in 3 days. My wife had been driving the vehicle with her FOB (she has it labled).

Here is where it gets weird. I went in and put my key on the counter and got her key out of the drawer and went out and her key worked. I put it in drive and drove out and backed into the garage. I put the key into the slot for a second or two and then pulled it out. I then go and get the other key that was not working and put her key in the drawer inside. I go out in the gargage and it works just fine.

I took it to work today and no problems. However, I was holding my breath when I got near it in the parking garage. Hope I get a fix.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2S
Well, it happend to me yesterday. I've read about a few issues over the last few months and tmy wife tried to tell me that once the seat settings were missed up, but I didn't really pay attention until yesterday. I went to the car and it didn't recongnize my key at all. I pushed all the buttons on the fob, used the real key to roll the windows up and down, etc. and nothing. Of course the "No Key" message was showing. To make matters worse, I was stranded. I had to walk all the way into the house. It was about 20 feet. (It was in my garage, ok, so no good story yet).

I do carry the key fob in the same pocket as my Cingular 6120 GSM phone at times. Not on purpose, it just happens sometimes. However, when this happened, I had not used the key fob in 3 days. My wife had been driving the vehicle with her FOB (she has it labled).

Here is where it gets weird. I went in and put my key on the counter and got her key out of the drawer and went out and her key worked. I put it in drive and drove out and backed into the garage. I put the key into the slot for a second or two and then pulled it out. I then go and get the other key that was not working and put her key in the drawer inside. I go out in the gargage and it works just fine.

I took it to work today and no problems. However, I was holding my breath when I got near it in the parking garage. Hope I get a fix.
So basically, even if there is a slot to insert the actual metal key into an ignition slot, the car wouldn't start because doesn't the key lose it's scrolling number code to start the car as well as the keyfob?
Old 05-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtecVQ
So basically, even if there is a slot to insert the actual metal key into an ignition slot, the car wouldn't start because doesn't the key lose it's scrolling number code to start the car as well as the keyfob?
There is no ignition slot for the metal key. He's referring to the slot that the i-key gets placed into if the battery dies.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I just called a dealer in CA, and he told me that if I put it near my cell phone when it is ringing, it can erase the key's memory and I have to buy a new one myself. He said there is no bulletin or fix for it?
Old 05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Well print the memo you saw here and take it to him. Sounds like he is either unaware or giving you the run around.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtecVQ
I just called a dealer in CA, and he told me that if I put it near my cell phone when it is ringing, it can erase the key's memory and I have to buy a new one myself. He said there is no bulletin or fix for it?
Ha! He's prolly trying to make a few bux for himself! Don't pay them a dime. Show them the flyer from this thread, and explain to that dum3a55.

BTW, I have a Cingular 8525 and a KRZR K1... I always put them next to my keys (a bit more than 1 in tho) and nothing has gone wrong...yet.

Hopefully, we'll be able to get some new keyfobs this coming fall to rid of these issues people are having. So far I've seen probably about 10+ people complaining about this issue in this forum alone...
Old 05-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Mee too

I reported it on this forum a while back. I think I may have been the first here, (I'm so special) but my dealership had already had 4 failures. I always keep my keys separated from my BBPearl but it's more to keep the pearl from being scratched.

The day my key died my wife actually had the car and I'm betting the key was in her purse with her phone. Her phone is a Sony ericcson W810i from Cingular.

So I think this explanation makes sense and I for one am glad that Infiniti has recognized it and is working to make it right.

For those of you who are wondering if they should still buy the car... BUY IT. Despite having my wife and baby stranded, and taking a road trip with my second key wrapped in tin foil in the glove as a backup, I still love my car. In fact, after taking my first long (3+hrs each way) trip I love it more than ever.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95se
I reported it on this forum a while back. I think I may have been the first here, (I'm so special) but my dealership had already had 4 failures. I always keep my keys separated from my BBPearl but it's more to keep the pearl from being scratched.

The day my key died my wife actually had the car and I'm betting the key was in her purse with her phone. Her phone is a Sony ericcson W810i from Cingular.

So I think this explanation makes sense and I for one am glad that Infiniti has recognized it and is working to make it right.

For those of you who are wondering if they should still buy the car... BUY IT. Despite having my wife and baby stranded, and taking a road trip with my second key wrapped in tin foil in the glove as a backup, I still love my car. In fact, after taking my first long (3+hrs each way) trip I love it more than ever.

Amen to that. I still love the car despite this key issue. It's not that big of a deal to me. I'm glad they're working on a solution - but until then I'm just going to keep enjoying this beautiful car.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm really shocked that this bug exists. I'm even more shocked as to how this technology passed FCC testing because if the proximity sensor from the car can emit a signal that (in theory) can be overridden by interference from a cell phone (~1900Mhz freq) then who the hell designed this? It's definitely not the pulse gen from the key itself...the proxy sensor receiver in the key has to be faulty. I bet if they filtered down the key's accepted codes to ignore GSM/CDMA phone bands and to only look for proxy sensor codes, then it would be all good.

Update- I have the Motorola Q phone and accidentally had it in the same pocket as my intelligent key. I missed a few calls that I didn't hear and was scared that my key was wiped out. I went to my car and all was well. However, just to play it safe I will keep them separate from now on.

Last edited by d12a60n; 05-08-2007 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Update
Old 05-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisG35
that's ridiculous man. i wouldnt wanna have one more thing to worry about!! what's this BS
I agree!

I just got the letter in the mail today.

So letís see there is the messed up rubber piece on the sunroof, the squealing brakes, and now the I-Key. I think Infiniti should knock off 5,000 bucks off my car payments. LOL
Old 05-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GumboChief
Hard to do a poll when only 5 people on the site have reported an issue.
Make that 6. Mine wouldn't start this morning.
I have never put the key anywhere near my phone, and I never carry them in the same pocket...

I was able to start the car with the other key.:
Old 05-22-2007, 09:39 AM
KNOCK ON WOOD!! I have not had any problems yet. I had a Razr and now have a Treo 700w. My Treo doesnt work GREAT with the bluetooth in the car, but I have yet to have my intelligent key have a blonde moment if you will. I have never taken special precaution to keep them apart- maybe I should start making an effort to do so...