Bluetooth pass key? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | rupromenergo.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Bluetooth pass key?

Bluetooth pass key?

Old 07-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Bluetooth pass key?

Okay so I've had my car for about 3 months now and have had my Blackberry 8703 paired since day 1. Today my phone keeps asking me for the pass key to MY_CAR. Question, is it the car or is it the phone giving me trouble? I've never had to enter a pass key for the car like for my bluetooth headset. Any thoughts?
Old 07-09-2007, 09:23 PM
1234 is the passkey to link up to the car and 0000 if you want to pair up with other bluetooth headsets
Old 07-09-2007, 10:54 PM
You may have to delete your phone from the system and start over. I know I I had to...
Old 07-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmsturbo
1234 is the passkey to link up to the car and 0000 if you want to pair up with other bluetooth headsets
why is every Infiniti bluetooth passkey 1234?

What is the point of having a passkey if it is generic and anyone can hack your system?

BMW has different passkeys for each vehicle, which is much more secure.

This could potentially be an issue, here's why. A few weeks ago my wife was driving behind me, following me home in her BMW X3. I was on bluetooth having a conversation, and she was close enough behind me (normal driving distance) such that she was able to hear my entire conversation on her phone.

So, you could be next to someone at a light, or driving behind them, and simply pair your phone to their bluetooth using 1234 and listen in while you are following them. Real secure.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Former G Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagheuer

What is the point of having a passkey if it is generic and anyone can hack your system?

This could potentially be an issue, here's why. A few weeks ago my wife was driving behind me, following me home in her BMW X3. I was on bluetooth having a conversation, and she was close enough behind me (normal driving distance) such that she was able to hear my entire conversation on her phone.

So, you could be next to someone at a light, or driving behind them, and simply pair your phone to their bluetooth using 1234 and listen in while you are following them. Real secure.
All bluetooth headsets that I've seen use a really simple passkey like 0000 or 1234.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Pass Key and Name can be changed from within diagnostics.

-Start engine
-Turn audio system off
-While pushing the "Setting" button turn the volume control dial clockwise or counterclockwise for 40 clicks or more. Then self diagnosis mode is started a short beep will be heard.

Quote:

Old 07-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Quote:

Bluetooth pairing requires input on each device. IOW, you have to initiate the pairing on the car then you have to enter the code on the phone (or vice versa, I cant remember). Someone cant pair to your car unless you initiate it on your car.

I would assume your wife was able to do this becuase she had previously paired with your car.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:59 AM
1234 is not the only number.

You can pick any number you like.

From your phone, detect the bluetooth device, then it will ask you for passcode to connect. Pick any 4 digits.

Then from your G enter same 4 digits.

Again, any SAME 4 digits will work. I use my street number instead of 1234.

Please do not confuse this number with your security PIN which is 1234 by default from many cellphone manufacturers.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Quote:

?? Something is definitely wrong with your system if your wife heard your conversation. The process as stated earlier is a mandatory 2 way confirmation.
I'm interested in how this happened to you... unless of course you were on a call with HER! LOL.
Sounds fishy.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Former G Driver
Is your wife's phone also paired with the G? Even then it should only connect to one bluetooth enabled phone at a time according the the priority order you have set. Sounds like a visit to the dealer may be warranted.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmsturbo
What do you mean other headsets? You can pair your bluetooth headset (motorola H700) to your car? How does this work?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Is your wife's phone also paired with the G? Even then it should only connect to one bluetooth enabled phone at a time according the the priority order you have set. Sounds like a visit to the dealer may be warranted.
Sorry if I wasn't clear on this. My wife's phone is also paired with the G, as a second priority phone.

I am telling you, she clearly heard my conversation while she was driving in front of me. (Both of our phones are paired with both of our cars, the G and BMW).

So this is really weird. But I don't really care, it is not worth taking to the dealer, I am sure this isn't a problem with just my bluetooth unit. It is such a strange circumstance, I'd have to take BOTH cars into the dealer and let them test it.

But thanks for the heads up on changing the passkey, that is really great info. Didn't know you could do that.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:47 PM
For some reason, when I got my Jabra BT headset, when it was turned on, my Sony Ericsson K750i automatically selected the "In Car" profile. I was able to delete it and re-pair it with my phone. When it connected for the first time, it asked me which profile to use. I selected "handsfree". Now, when I go into my car, it also selects "handsfree"! I tried removing it from my G, then re-pairing, but I get the same results. Ideally, I want the car to select "In Car", and my Jabra "handsfree", so I can customize each profile individually.